Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-15, 08:45 AM  
yahoo205

Recs 20-40 min Kundalini Yoga Raviana or other (weight fat loss detox hormone energy

I have pretty much all the Raviana kundalini yoga dvds but never do them because I'm currently trying to finish Jillian Michaels BodyShred and also just added in some barre and Ballet Beautiful.

In general, I don't have time for a full yoga session so was wondering which are your favorite SEGMENTS for:

-hormone balancing balance
-weight loss fat loss
-detox detoxification purification
-energy

Can make any (kundalini or other recs).
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 08:49 AM  
LaCatrina

If you have the DVDs with the matrix thingy it's pretty easy to shorten the workouts to 20 to 30 min. Like you, I have most of their workouts, but the ones I do more often are fat free, yoga beauty body, solar power, happy hormones... I don't know, I just grab whichever looks good on any given day and program a workout for the time I have
Old 04-16-15, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

It sounds like Fat Free, Yoga Cleanse, Yoga Beauty Body and Happy Hormones are exactly what you are looking for. No need to do the entire DVD. Just tune in, do a warmup and one of the sets, relax and you've got a great KY workout in.

RaviAna's Total Tune Up has four short practices on it - that might be worth a look.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 08:54 AM  
yahoo205

Does anyone have favorite SEGMENTS of the Raviana (or other) DVDs?
Old 04-16-15, 09:03 AM  
sherry7899

I can't remember specific segments without looking at the dvd menus. I'll see if I can come up with anything tonight.

There are a lot of very detailed reviews on Amazon that include the menus. I think a reviewer named "Yoga Gal" posts very thorough ones.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 09:59 AM  
LaCatrina

Speaking of specific segments yahoo, I think for me, I can have an opinion today and then it changes when I decide to revisit them. Sometimes the dance section of happy hormones feels real good to me, but some other days I program that segment for my workout and it just doesn't jive great with me so I skip it.

Same thing happened to me with the second set of the original beginners and beyond DVD - the first time I did it I hated it, but I did it a few weeks back and it felt much better... good even. My advice is to pick your DVDs one by one and "explore" one at a time - Like Pat says, you do your tune in, a warm up, a set and then your deep relaxation or a meditation, choosing a different segment when available (warm up 1 one day, warm up 2 the other... something along those likes) I've been doing this and taking notes afterwards and it's been working for me
Old 04-16-15, 11:14 AM  
gladgirl

This was posted here before...from an Amazon response:
Chakra44 says:
I sent your question to Ana & Ravi. Here is their reply:

Dear Mom of 2,
Thanks for writing and congratulations on beginning your Kundalini Yoga practice!

Here are some shorter routines which we feel will help you meet your goals:

Set 1: (about 46 Minutes)
Tune In
Start Your Engines
Fight Fire w/Fire
Meditation to Transform Emotions
Closing Prayer

Set 2: (about 42 minutes)
Tune In
Energizing Breath Exercise
Start Your Engines
No Impact Aerobics
Deep Relaxation
Hands Like a Teapot Meditation
Closing Prayer

Set 3: (about 37 minutes)
Tune In
Fight Fire w Fire
No Impact Aerobics
Your Life is in Your Own Glands
Closing Prayer

Set 4: (about 37 minutes)
Tune In
Start Your Engines
Your Life is in Your Own Glands
Meditation to Transform Emotions
Closing Prayer

Set 5: (about 38 minutes)
Tune In
(pause program - 10 minute brisk walk)
Your Life is in Your own Glands
Hands Like a Teapot Meditation to Transform Emotions
Closing Prayer

With regard to successful weight loss, we want to emphasize that the more meditative techniques are as important as the vigorous exercises, if not more so because of their ability to work on the glands and to get beneath the surface and resolve various forms of stress, etc.

Please don't hesitate to write us again if you have further questions and be sure to let us know how you are doing.

Warm Regards,
Ana Brett & Ravi Singh
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-15, 04:56 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I can't remember specific segments without looking at the dvd menus. I'll see if I can come up with anything tonight.

There are a lot of very detailed reviews on Amazon that include the menus. I think a reviewer named "Yoga Gal" posts very thorough ones.

Sherry
Sherry, can you recommend any specific segments? Thanks.
For the last 3 days, I didn't leave enough time for Kundalini and just wound up not doing it.
Old 04-18-15, 06:23 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Sherry, can you recommend any specific segments? Thanks.
For the last 3 days, I didn't leave enough time for Kundalini and just wound up not doing it.
Gladgirl very kindly attached Ravi and Ana's response to a question that was similar to yours. Earlier in this thread, Sherry advised looking at Amazon reviews that include the menus. LaCatrina advised exploring the DVDs you already have. These are excellent suggestions.

By your own admission you have "pretty much all the Raviana kundalini yoga DVDs." You are asking people on this board to do a lot of work for you that you could do yourself. Familiarize yourself with DVDs you already have, pick out kriyas or premixes that resonate with you, and do them consistently.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-15, 01:31 PM  
lorajc

I love the Fat Free Ones and the Quick Fixes or Dr. House Call! You can do as little or much as you like. They are the most used in my collection.

I just wanted to add that I just wrote to Ravi and Ana as I had a question about more practices for back pain for my DH and I.....and I asked her if KY really does all of the things they say in the practices since it seems so simple...yet it is so profound....and here is what she wrote back:

Thanks for writing. Kundalini Yoga is as miraculous as it seems and even though it seems simple, it's actually the product of thousands of years of research and development! K. Yoga definitely does all the things we claim. We not just passing on information we've learned, but talking from our own experience.

I know it makes me feel good, but if I'm getting all of those benefits they speak of on top of the way I feel, that's even better.

I've been practicing KY for about 20 years now off and on, but recently I've been practicing daily and I love it!!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
detox, fat loss, kundalini, nirvair singh, raviana, weight loss