Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-11, 06:09 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I'm happy to read positive comments about Jumpsport 350. I just ordered it on Friday from Costco and will probably get it by the end of next week.

Years ago, I had a cheap rebounder and thought it was OK, if a little stiff. Then I had a chance to try UR and the difference between the two was huge! I thought the UR rebounder was the best thing ever. Now, since everyone is saying how much better Jumpsport is as compared to UR - I really can't wait to get it. My rebounder gets a lot of use since I do all my high impact on it.

I'm glad I listened to Barb and Sunnyside and went for the JumpSport (350). Its been several weeks and I jump on it everyday, especially when I walk by it, I can't resist a few minutes, but I love jumping anything...jumping ropes, bikes, in hiit workouts, so this was a great buy for me. I was able to jump on a UR at a friend's house and there is quite a difference and I was wearing shoes and it still felt harsh. I always jump barefoot on the JumpSport, it adds to the fun.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 06:17 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiva View Post
I'm glad I listened to Barb and Sunnyside and went for the JumpSport (350). Its been several weeks and I jump on it everyday, especially when I walk by it, I can't resist a few minutes, but I love jumping anything...jumping ropes, bikes, in hiit workouts, so this was a great buy for me. I was able to jump on a UR at a friend's house and there is quite a difference and I was wearing shoes and it still felt harsh. I always jump barefoot on the JumpSport, it adds to the fun.
I never even considered jumping on UR without shoes! I will definitely try it on my Jumpsport. Since I just ordered it last Friday, I probably won't get it until, at the earliest, next Friday - depending on where it's shipping from. Today, I used my UR with PeakFitness Pure Cardio and it was fun. I can't imagine not using a rebounder for all my high-impact cardio - so I know, it'll get a lot of use.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 06:32 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
I'm happy to read positive comments about Jumpsport 350. I just ordered it on Friday from Costco and will probably get it by the end of next week.

Years ago, I had a cheap rebounder and thought it was OK, if a little stiff. Then I had a chance to try UR and the difference between the two was huge! I thought the UR rebounder was the best thing ever. Now, since everyone is saying how much better Jumpsport is as compared to UR - I really can't wait to get it. My rebounder gets a lot of use since I do all my high impact on it.
Quote:
I never even considered jumping on UR without shoes! I will definitely try it on my Jumpsport. Since I just ordered it last Friday, I probably won't get it until, at the earliest, next Friday - depending on where it's shipping from. Today, I used my UR with PeakFitness Pure Cardio and it was fun. I can't imagine not using a rebounder for all my high-impact cardio - so I know, it'll get a lot of use.
I think it also comes pre-figured on the softest setting, so depending on your weight you may want to play with it. The 350 has 3 settings and the 370 has 7. I'm nearly 5'10 and 145 pounds and the customer service rep told me I should set it on the middle, but I like it firm. Your eyes are going to do this the first time you jump on it, especially barefoot!
Old 07-04-11, 06:47 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Since I've ordered from Costco, I'm also getting the 4-in-1 dvd. How are the workouts on this dvd? Are they the same as featured on Jumpsport website? If so, I guess they'll be OK to do @ 5:30 am (when I generally workout) or late afternoon, when I WISH I could workout, but never have enough energy to do. Either way, it's a free dvd with 3 workouts on it (one, I believe is instructional) so I won't complain.
Old 07-04-11, 09:18 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Since I've ordered from Costco, I'm also getting the 4-in-1 dvd. How are the workouts on this dvd? Are they the same as featured on Jumpsport website? If so, I guess they'll be OK to do @ 5:30 am (when I generally workout) or late afternoon, when I WISH I could workout, but never have enough energy to do. Either way, it's a free dvd with 3 workouts on it (one, I believe is instructional) so I won't complain.
I've done two of the workouts on that disc (got my Costco Jumpsport a few weeks ago) - Basic and Cardio. I did Basic on the first day with the rebounder, because it felt so different from my old Bodyburner (in a good way ) that I wanted to get used to it before trying it with URX. Basic was great for getting used to the Jumpsport, but I can't say I really felt worked out. You do a few minutes strength, few minutes cardio, few minutes stretch ... it's a 30-minute workout but it's sort of a flu-recovery level of intensity for me. Cardio is 20 minutes of (duh) cardio, and I definitely did sweat, though it wasn't difficult or intense. These aren't the workouts they're selling for $19.95 or whatever They're good for add-ons, or low-energy times like your late afternoons.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-11, 01:17 PM  
DirtDiva

I didn't get the 4 workouts with mine, so I'm no help.
Old 07-07-11, 12:24 PM  
horsemom2

I had bought Bounce Camp when first released for ~$30 so took advantage of the special deal of getting Cardio Core Express and Body Bounce Circuit, even though I preferred the cardio on the 4in1 dvd that came with the rebounder to Bounce Camp's. Bounce Camp's cardio, except for the warmup, is not easily accessible because at the end of each circuit. If they had enabled the warmup and cardio segments in a premix, it would have been more to my liking. Probably will have the same problem with the other two dvds but couldn't resist them for $10 each. Only previous customers who bought a dvd at full price before the price drop can get this special price on the others but only for the next week or so.

Barb S
who just got back home after being away a few days and will try to peek at the dvds just a bit but will not fully view them till doing them because prefer the spontaneity
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 02:54 PM  
horsemom2

OK took a quick peek and liked the chaptering alot more because the cardio is at the beginning of each chapter on both dvds! Think I can just skip the strength segments easily if I so choose.
Music seems nice and loud too.

Body Bounce Circuit is supposed to have 5 segments, each starting with ~5 minutes of cardio followed by 2 minutes of strength.

Cardio Core Express has shorter intervals: 3 minutes of cardio followed by 90 seconds of strength.

Barb S
who doesn't have the stability bar for Cardio Core Express but will improvise
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 07:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

So, the 4-in-1 dvd is different than workouts featured on Jumpsport website. That's OK. I'll probably use them as add ons or as Laura suggested, late in the afternoons. My Jumpsport is scheduled to be delivered next Monday!
Old 07-07-11, 09:09 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
So, the 4-in-1 dvd is different than workouts featured on Jumpsport website. That's OK. I'll probably use them as add ons or as Laura suggested, late in the afternoons. My Jumpsport is scheduled to be delivered next Monday!
I have Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs and its really fun on a rebounder.

Tags
jumpsport, rebounder