Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-20, 06:06 PM  
Helen

Easter Sunday
2 hr, long walk and hill-climb (bush & beach) with my DDs (22). Lovely Easter Sunday outing.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 07:46 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, I’m still here!

April 10:
~My friend’s Essentrics class on zoom
~Neighborhood walk
~Headstand & yin poses

April 11:
~Taught a 30 min all standing Essentrics class on zoom
~Jessica’s Walk On 21 Day: Tred & Shred - This was great, full body, toning + cardio, nice standing ab work
~Neighborhood walk

Happy Easter!
Today’s workouts:
~neighborhood & trail walk, lots of hills
~Jessica’s Build Balance & Inner Strength: core control - this was nice, flowing, good balance & standing core work
~MFML: Wrist Friendly Flow

Sorry to post & run.....I awaiting a facetime call from my granddaughters.

Waving to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 08:04 AM  
Helen

Glad to see you're still with us Pam!

Mon-13-Apr
27min YouTube Live - Ange - Pilates 2 Week Challenge - Day One, on my own
60min Skating with Bridget at local school
30min YouTube - Amy - BodyFit - Cardio Tabata, with buddy via FaceTime
14min YouTube - Ali - AK25 Total Body HIIT, with buddy via FaceTime

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-13-20, 02:05 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - it must make hibernating so much better with your daughters home! Sounds like a lovely walk. I wish I could live up to your expectation, but I do have a temper. This was a DVD I found at Goodwill, Beachbody's Yoga Booty Ballet: Hip Hop Abs. It started with rubbing our palms together then moved to some crazy breathing/panting. That's when I was done. Not even 5 minutes and into the "back to the Goodwill" pile.
Pam - you have been very consistent! I wish I could say the same.
Cleda - I hate to admit it, but I only want to do Peloton right now. I mostly did spin classes and body pump with Les Mills, and I rarely feel like lifting weights, and I am enjoying the Peloton rides! I know what you mean about freaking out any time I'm not 100% healthy. Our son is still working (Post Office) and even though I sterilize every handle and touchable surface periodically, I never know if he is bringing something home. I'll be glad when we have all the facts and all the tests and it's safe to go out again.

4/12 - TURD I had really good intentions, but I just couldn't muster the energy.
4/13 - 30 min. Power Zone ride with Matt Wilpers, 10 min. Cool Down ride with Sam Yo. I just had to try it! Of course, there were 2 of them, so not sure if it's Cleda's favorite. It ended with "Lady in Red", then a Fleetwood Mac song. I had planned on a walk/run after the ride, but I was too hungry. We just walked the dogs in between rain showers.

I'll have to look for the Cold Play ride.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 07:58 PM  
Helen

Yoga Booty Ballet - Hip Hop Abs - Found it on YouTube!

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-13-20, 09:07 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

April 13:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~My VF friend’s 30 min floor Essentrics class on zoom
~Jessica’s Build Balance & Inner Strength: Poise & Grace - I really like this one, high rep/low weight with compound moves at a nice pace.
~Neighbourhood walk
~Headstand, yin forward bends, hip openers, chest openers, gentle backbends

Helen - Those YBBs are fun and uplifting! I haven’t done them for ages, but they are my first choice to pull me out of a funk.

Lili - I am firm believer in doing what you enjoy. If that’s Peloton for you, I say go for it!

Waves to Cleda!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 07:41 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking In

Lili: I don't want to forget sooooooooo .... I do have that Sam Yo's cool down workout bookmarked and have done it a few times. However, the one I ENJOY EVEN MORE is from 11/24/2019. I checked and I've taken it 12 times. Yep! I really like it. It's the one with "Pink Elephants". Take it and you'll understand the reference. I enjoy the music more than the other one. I also put it on "more music" option on the touchscreen (less instructor) since I can definitely talk for Sam because I've done it so many times!!! And you know it warms my heart that you are doing so much Peloton. Just sayin'.

Helen:
So happy you get to have the kids home with you. This was a weird Easter for us. First time EVER not with our family and NO CANDY whatsoever (which is not a bad thing).

Pam: With you and Helen always mentioning the You Tube videos, I always go and look. That one (YBB) looks interesting. I must admit, I've NEVER done one, but now may be the time. I agree with doing what we enjoy.

Me me and all me.

4/12/2020:
Power Zone challenge continues. Matt's 45 minute Power Zone MAX class.** Yowsa. This was tough Plus Matt Wilper's Low Impact Drills (15 mins.) plus Matt's Endurance ride 30 minutes + a stretch. I wanted to get a jump on Week 4 for the challenge. We had bad weather coming our way and I never know if we'll lose elctricity, etc.

4/13/2020: Did the ride I was SUPPOSED to do yesterday!!! :: slaps forehead :: Power Zone challenge Matt's 45 minutes (tough workout zones 3, 4 & 5), Power Zone Denis Morton's 45 minute endurance ride, Sam Yo's cooldown ride (10 mins) and the first 20 minutes of Body Combat 82 (Les Mills - from You tube) ***

** The .pdf file of the rides had a misprint. It had the wrong time, right date. So I went by the time (not having my glasses on). Checked and double checked. Yep. I was spot on. (it was right next to the ride we were SUPPOSED to do). Imagine my surprise when I posted on my FB group with my pretty tabatta graph and they said, 'Oh ... nice graph, wrong ride." WHHHHHHHHHATTTTTTTTTT?????????? Are you joking???? so I had to redo the CORRECT ride the next day. I can count it as extra credit, but NOT the extra credit ride I would have chosen to do. Well, I lived to tell about it and it made me stronger? I go for endurance, not max, so I guess this was good for me. If I think of it, I'll attach the graph. crazy I tell you... CRAZY.

I am concerned with the amount of people on their computers. Working from home, internet, fb, etc. Our internet has been spotty at best lately. I thought that we needed a new router, since it keeps going out and on and out and on. Turns out it's due to high volume and traffic. Not surprising. But still frustrating when I think how much we do on the internet from socializing to bills to banking to EVERYTHING .......

*** Les MIlls - I found several on You Tube. I really liked this one (I think it may have been one I did on demand also) but ... At about the 15-20 minute mark the internet went out and I was pretty beat anyway, so I didn't finish. I will go back and redo it. I am very satisfied with dropping the "On Demand" and what did play did NOT freeze or have any issues.

Again, I am amazed at the plethora of workouts available on You Tube.

Ok, gotta run. Need to do another ride and then get some more variety in my workouts. Work meeting this afternoon ...

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 04:02 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

4/14 - 45 min. Walk & Run with Matty M., then 5 min. Post Run Stretch with Chase something. I enjoyed the treadmill workout, the stretch was just okay. We also did a dog walk this morning and I'm getting ready to go do an hour of gardening.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 06:35 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Lili: I am always amazed how sometimes I can REALLY like an instructor and a workout and then do another one they do and meh .... (On Peloton of course!) I am finding that with Selina. I thought I really enjoyed her for her treadmill workouts and I tried two more and I just couldn't get into them. Even one I had bookmarked. In all fairness, I never know if I bookmark them because I like them or if I want to try them!?!? That's why when I find ones I like, I try to keep doing them. There's just such a HUGE selection. I think It's Chase Tucker and I'm pretty sure I've never done any by him. Matty? I have to be in the mood. He works with the XXL tribe a lot though (a group I belong to on FB) so he reaches out frequently and asks us to try new ones when he puts them up. I think that's great. I have also used some of his tread workouts outside (when visiting Mom).

Waves to Helen, Pam and anyone who may be reading!!!

On to (you guessed it) me, me, me!!!

4/14/2020: Matt's 60 minute Endurance ride for the Power Zone challenge. Mostly zones 2 & 3. Zone 2 he worked on high cadence (which is a BEAR for me, but I did it. Kept the cadence at 92 for most of it. He wanted 85-100 ideally, anything over 90. . .I complied and I must admit! I'm getting better at it. My comfy cadence is about 75.) followed by Sam Yo's 15 minute Rock ride, followed by Sam Yo's 10 minute cool down ride. (Much like the FIRM it always amazes me how I can be dripping with sweat and when I cool down properly, the face becomes unpurple, I stop sweating and I feel better. I truly believe it helps to stop my DOMs as well. I don't seem to get the lactic acid build up. Therefore, allowing me to bike the next day.) Then I did a 30 min. treadmill workout with Olivia Amato (it was a walking workout). I started with Selina - her holiday run/walk and Virtually joni-o'd it. BLECH .... then tried another one and settled on Olivia. It must have been my day to not know what I wanted. I tried 3 or 4 different dvds for upper body. KCM with premixes. Not one single one worked and I ended up going to Peloton for CDE's 10 minute arm segment I like. Followed by her 5 minute dead bug.

I want to get back to some dvds. I DO NOT want to do planks, mountain climbers, side planks. ANY of that. I probably ought to look to older dvds. Before planks, etc became the latest fashion for upper body work.

Ok, off to get busy. Day's a wastin'
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 08:43 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
How annoying for you on the misprinted pdf AND the patchy internet.
Yes, we DO rely on it for a lot. I'll have to look for Les Mills on YouTube myself - to do with buddy. ETA Found about a dozen, mostly Combat - thanks for the heads up that they were there. Used NEVER to be any Les Mills on YouTube - I'd stopped looking.

LILI
Hmmm with the girls gone all day tomorrow - may schedule some gardening myself.

PAM
I've never done a YBB - never bought them, nor sought them. Only looked because of Lili's comment but I recall them being all 'the rage' when they were new. Will have to try one with buddy very shortly, out of curiosity.

Tuesday TURD apart from dog walks.
Wednesday Les Mills - Body Combat 71 58min, with buddy.

The girls are driving to Sydney tomorrow. The travel restrictions with hefty fines were only for the Easter break to stop people going to their regular holiday spots. DH is still away - will be for a month in all - he's working on getting an Alpha GT road worthy for Cait. He has a bigger shed with a car lift & engine hoist at the farm. Bridget will need the Corolla to travel to the body farm regularly and it suits her more. Cait fancies the Alpha - suits her image more than a bright blue hatch-back.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.