Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-20, 08:07 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
Helen: Come out to play please!!!
Here I am!

It's been the last week of school and all upper echelon people have been pushing to get things in place before the holidays, BUT we've been given the last day OFF CLASS, so as of just now (10:55am, Thursday - just finished final bit of required admin) I'M ON HOLIDAYS!!!

I'll be jumping, posting about jumping, reading posts, ...... sewing, gardening, skating, ...
for the next 2 weeks SOLID.

First thing I did when finished that admin was to come HERE!
Now - going to make coffee, read the posts, then fiddle with my log to set it up for the next 2 weeks, and then SWEAT!

COVID-19 - nope, NOT talking about it.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 09:15 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

April 7
~My friend’s Essentrics class on zoom
~neighborhood walk
~WOW: Bruno Mars walk
~Headstand practice
~Ellen’s Yoga Tone

April 8
~Taught Essentrics on Zoom
~4 mile walk in the neighborhood & around the golf course - It’s closed right now & is a lovely open space!
~Headstand & my favorite yin poses

Lili - Nice run, I’m jealous as I really miss it! We have fairly mild winters here and most of my herbs do fine, especially rosemary & sage. Thyme not as much although I do have one variety that does okay.

Cleda - My DH loves to ride outdoors when we go to the city. There’s a wonderful bike trail that’s about 80 km that goes through the city, some rural areas, and along the shore. He has a road bike. He uses his indoor recumbent bike in the cooler weather.

Helen - I look forward to hearing about all your holiday activities!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 07:21 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Good Morning Everyone!

Helen: Ohhhh how nice. (Holiday!) we look forward to seeing you and your check ins. I will try to curb my talk of Covid 19. It's such a HUGE part of our every day life right now. But honest - I'll try and be better.

Pam: what is WOW: Bruno Mars Walk? That has me intrigued. I too, have a road bike. I did the Eerie Canal ride with it (From Buffalo to Albany? 6 days ) - which was a lot of cinder trails. No problems with it. I bought it 19 years ago and I've well gotten my money's worth out of it. When my Flight Deck odometer stopped working on it, I had over 10k miles on it. and that was YEARS ago.

Lili: Outside run?! You go girl. I still stick to my treadmill. But not recently. Maybe today will change that. My weekly rides are almost done ! Time for some variety?

Someone posted that LM has fixed their freezing problems on the workouts on demand. I may try one today and see how it works. I'm supposed to cancel by tomorrow. When it wasn't working, it was a no brainer. Now I will go in and see. Might still be a no brainer, but hey -- even if I do 4 a month, it's worth it.

Ok, on to my check in before this gets too long:

4/8/2020: Power Zone 45 minute ride with Matt Wilpers. Followed by one of his 30 minute Power Zone rides. The usual Sam Yo 10 minute cool down ride (now I've done it 11 times!) and a stretch. I have one more ride to do for this week and I've completed the core rides + one extra credit so far. That means 2 more rides between now and Monday night. I think variety is in order.

That's it. Nothing much else to report.
Waves to all!
Make it a great day.
Cleda

Last edited by Cleda; 04-10-20 at 05:58 AM. Reason: change to Buffalo -- you know the one up by Niagra Falls! ;)
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 05:56 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

4/9 - dog walk, KCM's Body Shop w/o 1 and 30 min. with Leslie. I am enjoying revisiting Kelly's workouts.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 08:02 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

April 9
~5 km walk, lots of hills
~10 min gentle rebounding - giving it a try and hoping it doesn’t irritate my back/foot issue, fingers crossed!
~Jessica’s Walk On Metabolism Booster: upper body circuit - This was good & included some nice standing ab work that I used a lighter KB for.
~Ruah Release: 20 min standing segment - this was nice, stretchy & flowing, wrist free. It reminded me a bit of Ellen’s older workouts
~Headstand & yin deep shoulder stretches & hip openers

Cleda - WOW is a streaming site called Walking Online Workouts. The music is really good and her cuing is all non verbal, primarily subtle hand signals. I find it very relaxing to just move & get into the music without someone talking at me, lol. Wow, 19 years is amazing, hope you can get out on your bike soon!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 07:23 PM  
Helen

PAM
I have that Walking Online on my YouTube Subscription list. Have used it with the rebounder - turn the walks into jogs.

LILI
I remember you used to do Kelly's workouts quite a lot.

CLEDA
My "no COVID-19" talk was NOT a hint that I didn't want to read about it in posts here, not at ALL aimed here!! It was because I started... and it ended up as a HUGE paragraph, so I deleted it, and the "nope" comment was actually self-talk

EVERYONE
The talk of bike riding - the weather is just lovely lately! I'm seriously considering dusting off my bike!!! I have a really good one and it FITS me. First bike I've ever owned (of 5) that I didn't have to jump off whenever I stop - feet not touch ground when bum on seat.

So to make sure you (Cleda) don't feel guilty, here's my bit
Our national stats are - ~6k cases, 54 deaths (Saturday 11th Apr)
Situation - all national rules I think, but don't quote me on it.
$1000 fines for non-essential travel on the highway
$1000 fines for being out in groups of 3+ (max of 2)
Outside only for essential shopping, exercise, mental health, ...
All restaurants are take-away / delivery only, same for coffee shops etc.
Everything closed pretty much the same as you except I have no idea WHERE to find a gun store. They're not a 'thing' here in any way. Thanks for the gun-law comment Lili
Weird that hairdressers could be open, but they've shut up shop anyway.
My school will certainly be online for the 1st 2 weeks back as well, so face-face 11th May at the earliest.
No shortages for hospitals of anything..... yet?
60+ Test clinics in my state, 2 are about 15min drive away -
BUT "for those with fever or respiratory symptoms who are most at risk, including those returning from overseas, in contact with a COVID-19 case, or health workers." SO ALL health workers, symptoms or not.

There's my essay back.

It's Saturday and I've not posted a workout since Sunday?!
assume 2 dog walks every day, one just a "poo walk" ~ 15min, another 60-90min walk / run...

Monday
Cathe - AfterBurn, alone
Jessica - HIIT for Beginners: Kickboxing Interval Training, with buddy
Tuesday
Cathe - Upper Body Split, alone
Jessica - 40min Cardio Barefoot Flow, with buddy
Wednesday
Cathe - Tabatacise, alone
YouTube something dancy, cardio - can't remember with buddy - have since set "history" to be saved.
Thursday
Les Mills - Body Step 68 8", alone
Friday
30min Rebecca Small - Step Mechanic until buddy called it quits - too complex for her
30min HIIT via an App, Level 1, 60min on, 15sec off buddy's choice - work, but SIMPLE

Buddy has been keen to do something most days, which is great
on the downside of that, is that she prefers cardio, but is definitely at a lower level so I've been doubling up here & there.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-11-20, 09:28 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

For Saturday (not my workouts for today yet ... You all know I'm always a day behind!)

Helen: thanks for posting your Covid stuff. interesting about the fines. They may have them here, but I've yet to hear them really enforcing them. Definitely not the travel one. And people here are STUPID. Enough said. Stay safe! I know I intend on doing so.

Pam: I'm going to try checking some You tube workouts. and yes. some day I'll get back outside on my bike.

Lili: Please, please , PLEASE keep mentioning KCM. I have a love/hate relationship with her, but I do enjoy her efficiency of workouts. I did cancel Les Mills. I tried (having high hopes) of it working and no buffering so I tried to do a Body Combat one. BUFFERING I turned it off, came to my PC and cancelled the trial. Period. DONE. Not looking back. besides? I honestly have plenty to keep me busy. Between the dvds, vhs, Nintendo Siwtch, bellicon, these check ins, tread, bike, elliptical, outside, peloton app ... you get the idea. But now to rediscover some of my older workouts and who knows? Maybe even take some out of the shrinkwrap??? So yes. Please keep talking about KCM. I will find that 18 min. leg pre mix I like evntually. Still haven't stumbled on it. But I LOVE her older kickboxing workouts (much more slow and controlled.) I also have TONS of kickboxing workouts to do, so I have variety. Les Mills did me a favor by buffering.

Waves to everyone else reading -- please post.

Me, me and all me.

4/09/2020: Can't believe I didn't post this: I did my called for Matt Wilper's 90 minute endurance ride. I smoked my last Personal Record on this and improved by OVER 200 WATTS ... So yes! Power zone training works! and YES! I'm getting wayyyy stronger than I was a year ago. and then I followed it with a stretch. !!! Week #3 is now done. (I can and will do 2 additional extra credit rides to get some points for my team).

4/10/2020: rest day from the Power Zone challenge. My free for all day. Do what I want. I had high hopes of Les Mills (see above paragraph) and I did my Peloton Treadmill workout: 10 minutes warm up walk with Selina, 45 minutes run/walk with Selina and a 10 minute cool down with Selina. By the time I futzed with Les MIlls and cancelled my trial and was on my pc? I didn't feel like doing anything else. So that will have to do for the day.

One of my kids asked when Easter dinner was? (joking of course!) I told him DECEMBER. and that's about how I feel.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 04-11-20, 02:17 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

4/10 - TURD
4/11 - great plans to hit it hard today, but I've been fighting a headache all day. After many starts, including 1 JoniO, I did the first 2 miles of Jessica's 5 Mile Mix.

I'm hoping to walk the dogs later - Done!
Waves to everyone!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 05:02 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
Yes, you DO have plenty to do without Les Mills. I'd call that reaction a "virtual Joni-O".
Awesome improvement!! 90 minutes is a very long ride, when you're not just cruising and taking in the scenery.

LILI
I can't imagine you Joni-O'ing something. I don't imagine you with a much of a temper.

HI PAM!

Saturday, 11th April
50min, YouTube - HASFit - Total Body Workout, no equipment, with buddy AND her husband!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-12-20, 08:31 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Happy Easter

To those who celebrate. Of course, we're having the traditional ham and we'll probably be eating it for the next month (since there's only 2 of us) I must prepare myself for the temporary water weight gain also.

anyway ....

Helen: Yep ... so right. AND there are actually some Les Mills on you Tube, so if I really have a hankering, I can just do them. Oh it absolutely was a "virtual Joni-O"!! If you could have seen how ANGRY I was. totally IRRATIONAL. and honestly? it's a great thing and I'm glad it buffered. They did me SUCH A HUGE favor. As for the 90 minutes? We change cadence and they chat and there's music! AND there's all the high 5s from other riders and supporting them as well. So it actually goes very quickly for me. Since I string a long a lot of rides anyway, 90 minutes truly is not that long. It just sounds long. I look at it as miles and it's not unusual to go outside and ride for 30 miles, so a 90 minute ride clocked in a little less. I love endurance. Did I ever mention that???? 'nuff said.

Lili: I sure hope your headache is gone and that you feel better. I had one the other day and dh even commented how I had dark circles and didn't look well. I think I may have been dehydrated more than anything. But of course, it scares the life out of me and I worry ...... any little thing any more has me wondering? and praying .... But mine passed. I sure hope yours did too. Good on ya! getting the walk in.

Waves at Pam and all lurking. Check in when you can!!!

On to the usual (me, me and all me).

Yesterday was a great ride kind of day. I wanted to get my extra credit rides in so today I can start on next week! Nasty weather rolling in tomorrow and with power being questionable, I want that cushion. I don't have nearly the rides banked that I would like since I've been doing all sorts of fun workouts inbetween. AND this time around? It's 9 rides a week instead of 6. Which also takes careful planning. (6 are mandatory - 3 are extra credit)

4/11/2020:
Power Zone 45 minute Christine ride, followed by Olivia's 30 minute Power zone ride, followed by Emma's ColdPlay ride, followed by 2 stretches.

ColdPlay ride has GOT TO BE one of my favoritest rides EVER .... It is like therapy for me. Of course, after I typed this out, I realized it was even longer than my 90 minute ride of last week.

Ok, gotta run. Sun is out. Need some breakfast and hit the bike.

Make it a great day!
Cleda