Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-20, 07:26 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Jessica's 4-Mile Power Walk

Dana, I'm sorry about your no-good, very bad day!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 07:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Continuing with Jessica today! I did:

Jessica - 20 min fat burning cardio - this was from her "healthy for the holidays" playlist. I wanted cardio in under 30 minutes that was not walking based.

Blessful Body - Inner Core Pilates - this was a 30 min routine. While I like her stuff, it generally does have the same feel the routines don't feel very different from each other - except for a few that are specific to a particular body part.

Yesterday DD and I walked the dogs - hope we can do so again today - it looks rainy out. But, as long as it doesn't rain we will go! I also did Blessful Body hip stretching routine afterwards.

Dana - yes, sorry it was such a bad day!

Brenda - nice job w/ that four mile walk! I haven't done the entire Power Walk DVD yet. I usually do two miles at a time.

Carol - good score on the TP and paper towels!! LOL! who ever thought these things would be small victories. I did order some no-name TP through Amazon. It is coming at the end of May. I hope we can survive that long. I also ordered some masks and gloves that are coming mid-late April.

Christine - are you feeling better?

Cheri - I know re: school. The on-line school thing is a bit of a stress producer here. I think b/c our schools were just not set up for it at all, stuff is being posted late, the site is crashing, etc.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 07:52 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Suzanne Bowen - Barre Amped: Warmup, Thigh & Seat, Stretch - 49 minutes;
Dog Walk - 35 minutes

Someone mentioned Suzanne Bowen somewhere and I decided to pull out her DVDs. I enjoyed this one, although I was burning and shaking. Suzanne has had a really rough few years - I think she has major body image issues. It's really sad. She posted a 15 minute audio on Instagram a few days ago that made me realize just how serious her issues are; she's off to spend this month in some sort of treatment facility.

No one's school was really ready for this. I noticed that the State of New Mexico has started broadcasting elementary school lessons in the mornings on the state's PBS channels. New Mexico announced closure early, so maybe they were more ready than most. They also don't have very many cases last time I looked (under 800 - wow!)

Donna - Some pilates routines just feel like that - all the same. Robin's pilates workouts feel that way to me. I think that's why I like Smriti's. For some reason hers generally feel fresh.

Dana - you did have a crappy day! Hoping today has started off better.

Brenda - Nice job! I've never done the entire walk either.

Cheri - I intended to squeeze in Smriti's new one last night, but did not get to it. Maybe tonight - if not, then I'll get it done Wednesday.

Stay safe everyone! Christine, I hope you are feeling better.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 01:22 PM  
cherimac

TBL Poise and Posture
Buff Bites

Donna~my DD's laptop crashed so she's having to use mine. Otherwise, I wouldn't have an issue with school, since she's in college.

Dana~hope you have a better day today.

Carol~let me know what you think of Smriti's new workout.
Old 04-07-20, 01:59 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana hope your day is better today! Those Gina B DVDs are on my Amazon wish list.

Carol one of my public school teacher friends says it's taking her most of the day to get through two of her seven classes each day because it's so much extra work. She says if it was supposed to be easier to teach online she has not found that to be true.

Donna what does Jessica do for cardio that's not walking based? Is it dancy?

Thinking about taking a rest day. Will post if I change my mind.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 07:31 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Just passing by to say hello everyone ~ no workout yesterday. I planted some pansies around my trees in the front yard, trying to add some cheer out there.

Linda - That's awful for your teacher friend! We decided early on that our online learning would not just be the school classroom transferred to the computer - that would be too much for everyone. I know our teachers are working hard, but I haven't heard too much negative about it. I know that they are having to set boundaries for themselves to keep from responding to emails, etc. all the time. I need to do a better job of that myself.

Cheri - I didn't get to Smriti's workout last night. Maybe tonight...

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Feeling really stiff and achey this morning, so I didn't feel like weights today - at least not first thing in the morning! Judging from everyone's recent posts, it seems I'm not alone in needing a more low key day!

I tried a new to me You Tube channel - Pilates & Yoga with Katja - I did the "morning yoga Pilates sequence to start your day" practice and it really hit the spot.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnG...kCyhG_pofQKJ1A

If I feel like it I will do a short weight workout this afternoon as a break from sitting at my desk.

DD and I took a walk last night and will do the same tonight!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 11:10 AM  
cherimac

PN Renew and Empower (pilates with weights)
Buff Bites

I am sore from doing two 30 minute workouts on Monday and Tuesday, and this was a strong 30 minutes. I can tell I have really been slacking since about two weeks before Christmas, with work, Tucker's death, getting sick twice in February, etc. I haven't taken a walk since Sunday because the pollen was driving my allergies insane. I miss those walks.

Linda~teachers are having to learn to teach remotely and act as a homeschool mom at the same time. It has to be hard.

Carol~I love pansies.
Old 04-08-20, 03:52 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Jessica's Poise and Grace

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 08:46 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I hope you are get to feeling better.

Cheri I agree. Plus there has been a sharp learning curve trying to get thru some of the technology they are having to use.

Carol The school year couldn't end fast enough for my teacher friend. I am going to listen to that Suzanne Bowen post you mentioned. I enjoy the workouts I have of hers. She's got a great demeanor on the ones I have.
ETA: Well, I hope she gets to feeling better and get to the bottom of what is causing her so much pain/inflammation. I also hope she begins living like so many of her encouraging quotes/posts ask her followers to do. Makes me sad to think she doesn't. :-(

Brenda poise and grace sound like good names for kitties. I will have to file that away for future use. I have always wanted to adopt a couple of siblings. But not anytime soon.

Today was tons of yardwork...I'm hoping I didn't overdo on my back. I did stop several times to do my mobility stretches. I'm sure I looked weird out there but it's always doing my ordinary life that I hurt myself. And I wanna stop doing that. My yard is finally in good shape.

Sunny Wednesday wishes to all!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 04-09-20 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Added after listening to Suzanne Bowen
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote