Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-20, 12:23 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Yay! Glad you'll be joining us!

Since my schedule is going to off next week I decided to start the rotation today. I just finished legs & glutes and it was SO MUCH FUN! There's a music louder option - I would suggest it! The soundtrack is GREAT! I wish I would have had time to do a premix, but was only able to do the regular routine (46 minutes before stretch). I think a premix would be awesome! Kittybug will leave us in the dust doing one of them!
That's great!! I'm ashamed to admit that of this entire series, the only two workouts I know/remember are Step Blast and KPC. It has been YEARS since I've done any of the others, so it's like relearning them. Would you recommend the music louder option if I'm not familiar with the workout? I do remember Cathe's earlier workouts had such great music, more than they do now. I miss those days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Ughhh...OF COURSE you're mentioning one I DON'T own, lol.

This is gonna be fun..thanks to you both!
Thank YOU both, as this is way fun for me too to have company!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 01:47 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Ughhh...OF COURSE you're mentioning one I DON'T own, lol.

This is gonna be fun..thanks to you both!
Aw man! I hope you can trade it or find it for a great price somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
That's great!! I'm ashamed to admit that of this entire series, the only two workouts I know/remember are Step Blast and KPC. It has been YEARS since I've done any of the others, so it's like relearning them. Would you recommend the music louder option if I'm not familiar with the workout? I do remember Cathe's earlier workouts had such great music, more than they do now. I miss those days!!

Thank YOU both, as this is way fun for me too to have company!!!

I had not done it in years either, so it was refreshing and fun. I probably wouldn't do the music louder option (I didn't) but turn up the volume because it's a fun sound track.

I agree with both of you! This is fun because of the company!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 06:52 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I probably wouldn't do the music louder option (I didn't) but turn up the volume because it's a fun sound track.
Okay, I did the 80-minute Extreme premix today and had the volume UP because you're so right, such fun music!! It definitely distracted me from how hard I was working. This is SUCH a great workout, I can't believe I've let it sit on my shelf without doing it all this time! I loved the combo of weighted and non-weighted moves, the explosive stuff, just all of it (and I hope I can walk tomorrow!). What a gem!
Old 01-26-20, 07:04 PM  
fanofladyvols

I have never done the upper body premixes in Push pull. Which upper premix will you be doing from..Push pull?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 08:10 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
I have never done the upper body premixes in Push pull. Which upper premix will you be doing from..Push pull?
Me either...heck, I've hardly done Push/Pull as is! I'm planning on doing the 3 set upper body only premix (65 minutes) tomorrow. I might be sorry about that, but we'll see!
Old 01-27-20, 06:37 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Well, I ~tried~ to do the Push/Pull upper body x3 premix today, but my DVD player kept freezing, to the point where it was unresponsive! I've never had that happen with Cathe's DVDs before, ever. I was beyond frustrated trying to get things to work, so much so that I went to the original program with the intent of skipping back chapters to get the same workout in. Then it was freezing there too, like I could fast forward and rewind but not skip chapters! ARG!!!

Needless to say, my planned 65-minute workout turned into much longer. That's a shame because this would have been a great upper body workout without the frustration!

I tried the DVD on another player we have upstairs (way away from my workout space and equipment) and lo and behold, it's just fine on that player, so something about this particular DVD and my DVD player downstairs just don't jive. If I can't figure something out, I'll probably resort to doing the original workout all the way through, skipping the legs, and then starting over two more times to get the same workout in with a different sequence. Or I might find another workout altogether!

I hope this isn't something that will afflict the Super Sets workouts too or I might be really changing up my rotation plans!

Beyond irritated today.... Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 01-27-20, 11:59 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kittybug, mine, (unfortunately ) worked just fine, lol.
I'm sorry you had trouble with yours :-(
I actually have that problem with my Butts and Guts..it freezes right in the middle of the floor work. I have a terrible time running quick to stop and rewind it for my other leg. If I don't hurry, then I push EVERY button on my player until I can get it to restart. Of course, I have to skip all the way thru to get to that part again because goodness knows I can't remember what the exercises are anymore

I am really glad you made me do this premix because I would NEVER have pushed myself into doing it. The most I would have tried on my own is the 2x.
I had to take walk away breaks at around 30 min and 46 min but I feel thoroughly worked out.

Cathe seems to be having a good time and making comments like "are you feeling that toast?" and the Fonzie thumb comment all made me smile.

So let's see if I'm still thankful to you tomorrow?

Please post if you have problems with the superset side of your DVD. I'll just do a different workout if you're not in my class

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 01-28-20, 10:35 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Kittybug, mine, (unfortunately ) worked just fine, lol.
I'm sorry you had trouble with yours :-(
I actually have that problem with my Butts and Guts..it freezes right in the middle of the floor work. I have a terrible time running quick to stop and rewind it for my other leg. If I don't hurry, then I push EVERY button on my player until I can get it to restart. Of course, I have to skip all the way thru to get to that part again because goodness knows I can't remember what the exercises are anymore

I am really glad you made me do this premix because I would NEVER have pushed myself into doing it. The most I would have tried on my own is the 2x.
I had to take walk away breaks at around 30 min and 46 min but I feel thoroughly worked out.

Cathe seems to be having a good time and making comments like "are you feeling that toast?" and the Fonzie thumb comment all made me smile.

So let's see if I'm still thankful to you tomorrow?

Please post if you have problems with the superset side of your DVD. I'll just do a different workout if you're not in my class
Oh NO on your Butts and Guts DVD! Since I reacquired that DVD, I've only done one of the premixes and not the regular workout so I hope I don't have issues with that too. I recall that 'sash series' being a problem like that for a lot of people back in the day! But I don't recall anyone complaining of this kind of freezing in Body Blast, sigh.

BUT...last night, I tried the disc in this older laptop I have that I recently migrated to Windows 10. The update caused the DVD player in the laptop to stop functioning, so I took the time to research how to fix it which worked. Voila, the premix plays just fine on that, so if Super Sets gives me issues, I'll just use that laptop, and I'll just use the laptop for future Push/Pull days!

And I hope I'm not 'forcing' you to do anything you don't want to do, hah! I'm glad you enjoyed this workout too yesterday (which I would have WAY more without the technical issues)! I'm actually pleasantly sore today...how about you?
Old 01-28-20, 10:57 AM  
fanofladyvols

Kittybug, I'm glad you found a workaround! And I am pleasantly sore. I really believe the sequence of the exercises was very conducive to repeating 3x. I'm not sure that another workout with a different methodology would have worked as well.

Or MAYBE it worked because I donned my Wonder woman tank?

I may have to break down and get another copy of B&G. It seems to be getting harder to get it to work once it starts the freezing. It's a great measuring stick of my progress so I do want to keep in my collection.

I generally prefer to accidentally get a duplicate copy of a workout than intentionally duplicate acquire.

What is our Superset class on Wednesday?

Old 01-28-20, 11:21 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Kittybug, I'm glad you found a workaround! And I am pleasantly sore. I really believe the sequence of the exercises was very conducive to repeating 3x. I'm not sure that another workout with a different methodology would have worked as well.

Or MAYBE it worked because I donned my Wonder woman tank?

I may have to break down and get another copy of B&G. It seems to be getting harder to get it to work once it starts the freezing. It's a great measuring stick of my progress so I do want to keep in my collection.

I generally prefer to accidentally get a duplicate copy of a workout than intentionally duplicate acquire.

What is our Superset class on Wednesday?
I think I had my Wonder Woman undies on!! Seriously, I so agree with you about the sequencing...there is something really cool about the way that workout is set up, isn't there? And I can attempt to lift heavier (for me) which was the plan! I have to say though, by that last set of those triceps dips, I was questioning what the heck I was doing, hah!! Brutal!

I also agree on accidentally acquiring a dupe...it's better from the guilt aspect!

So Wednesday's plan is one of the two-rounds Super Sets premixes, which I'm confused by the descriptions as to what is what, but one is 72 minutes and one is 75 minutes, and I'm planning to do one of those (and crossing my fingers and toes for no more DVD issues!)...

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in