Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-15, 02:11 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

The weights section was a lovely surprise and I'm looking forward to trying the boxing and weights premix today.
'Life is too short to lift light weights' or something like that Kelly said during the workout which made me feel happy with what I was doing.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 03:37 PM  
jenn38

I'm holding out for Kelly's sale. I want cardio pump and lean circuits, hopefully they will be on sale. And I want strength and stamina. After that I'm going on a No Buy unless something really really good pops up.
Old 12-29-15, 05:06 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
The only teeny tiny sticking point is that three minutes is a LOT of biceps work, and I have tendonitis in my shoulder. I need to figure out an alternate move, do some cardio, or just skip that section. I realized at the very end that it seems to be chaptered by body part, so I might be able to just skip right ahead.
When a video has some upper body exercise I don't like, I sub rotator cuff strengthening exercises:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrbU5luCMs

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 09:15 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Keep in mind Cardio Pump and Lean Body Circuits are $11.89 at Target. And she does have a sale coming up - not sure which ones will be included on it. I doubt Strength & Stamina and AC2 since they just rolled out.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 09:17 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

PrairieGem - I love Cardio Pump and the premix of intervals on it... and the boxing workout alone. I will say, however, that Strength & Stamina has kicked it up a notch. Heavier weight workout and a lighter weight workout. I am enjoying these last two releases of Kelly's a LOT.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 01-17-16, 06:57 PM  
jennstar

Just have to join in on the love! This is an absolutely fantastic workout. Total body in 30 minutes and I felt completely worked. Kelly really outdid herself with this one, this will be in my rotation for a long time.
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 09:38 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I have been doing it at least 2x a week. I love Strength & Stamina.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 01-17-16, 10:05 PM  
jennstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
I have been doing it at least 2x a week. I love Strength & Stamina.
I was referring to the Pump workout of Cardio Pump. Oh no, do I need Strength and Stamina too?
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 02:28 AM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennstar View Post
Just have to join in on the love! This is an absolutely fantastic workout. Total body in 30 minutes and I felt completely worked. Kelly really outdid herself with this one, this will be in my rotation for a long time.
Me, too! I'm still doing it, still LOVING IT (!!!) and have been thinking I should come back and post an update now that I know the workout pretty well. Thanks for bumping this.

I have rarely done strength-only rotations (I think I've done one once, about 7 years ago); I love circuits, so that's what I'm really used to. WOW, you can really lift a lot heavier if you're not also using half your energy for hard cardio!! I've already broken out heavier weights than I'm usually accustomed to until much later in a rotation. I'm continuing to use whatever weight feels appropriate to me, not necessarily following Kelly's pyramid (frex, her heavies are much heavier than mine, so when she switches to lights for some of the leg workouts, I'll stick with the same weight throughout).

I mentioned that the biceps work is too much for my cranky shoulder; I made an easy-peasy swap to abs!

The last thing I wanted to mention, because I know a lot of people definitely care about this: This workout is timed (one minute per exercise), so you don't count reps. Kelly stresses that the number of reps you'll get depends on the weights you choose and that you should go at your own pace, not necessarily follow her. I personally like this format, but it might not be for you, so I thought I should bring it up.
Old 01-18-16, 06:48 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

PrairieGem:Yes, you do!

Actually Cardio Pump is also an all-time favorite as well. Great total body strength workout in 30 min. It was my favorite until S&S showed up on my doorstep.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate

Tags
cardio pump, kcm, kcm cardio pump, kcm weights, kelly coffey-meyer, momentum, muscle up, pyramid, weights