Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-18, 11:41 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I got both of mine today so I'll be doing one of them tomorrow. Probably the Sculpting RX. I assume there is a premix with both workouts.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-18, 07:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I did the Sculpting Rx (Cardio Sculpting) lighter weight workout today! I liked it and it's different from previous Kelly workouts. While it has compound moves she introduces the exercise and then layers it by adding an upper or lower body element to the mix. In between some of the sculpting exercises she works the core with standing ab moves (waist rotations, punching, leg raises/kicks, etc.) There are not endless reps of anything. She keeps moving and changing things up very creatively. It's not a walk in the park if you're using the suggested weight (five to eight pounds.) She said you may need to go lighter which I did (with my shoulder issues.) The music is fun, Kelly is encouraging and enthusiastic, and the crew are busy working. You have the usual backgrounders (Sam, Lori, and Noelle) but there is a new Lori with blonde hair in the back right corner who I haven't seen before. Kelly goes to the floor for the last ten minutes to work chest and abs (and I skipped the push-ups this time around.) My only negative is the main menu is very bright red/blue combo and the workouts aren't named (workout one and workout two) so you only know which one is which from the intro and beginning warmup. She uses a step in the heavy weight workout and doesn't in the lighter weight one. Overall, I'm very pleased with this and happy to have it in my collection.
Oooh, now I have to get it! Thanks for the great review Pam - what I needed to hear to push me over the edge is that its different than previous workouts.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-18, 07:43 AM  
LoveVA

I'm really confused about cardio sculpting workouts. Would you count them as cardio or strength training? If you did this cardio sculpting workout one day would you do cardio or strength training the next day?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-18, 01:34 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I did Stepboxing 2 and unfortunately I didn't love it...

The music was horrible (very uninspiring and boring) and the moves were just boring and barely got my heart rate up (on a 6-inch step). I did the combination premix of both workouts and although it was nice that it was just 48 mins, I watched the clock the entire time.

I kind of feel that Kelly also found it boring when she kept trying to convince everyone at the beginning "how much fun we're having!"

I usually absolutely love Kelly's cardio (Amped UP Cardio is quite possibly my favorite workout of all time!) but this just didn't cut it for me. I loved her workouts in the beginning with great music and creative choreography. This one lacked both for me, and it really didn't contain much creative boxing combos that she's always had.

I'm hoping for better with Sculpting Rx...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-18, 03:04 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Lori, please post about the music on Sculpt RX when you try it.
Old 09-28-18, 04:16 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I tried Sculpting RX W/O 1 this morning and, although I really liked the workout itself, I hated the music. I don't usually even pay attention to the music but this was so, so bad. I will turn off the music in the future.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-18, 07:52 PM  
Fitstick

I’m impatiently still waiting for mine to arrive.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-18, 07:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I tried Sculpting RX W/O 1 this morning and, although I really liked the workout itself, I hated the music. I don't usually even pay attention to the music but this was so, so bad. I will turn off the music in the future.
Thank you Karen - that's the deal breaker for me. Kelly's music seems to be getting worse, for my tastes anyway.
Old 09-29-18, 09:58 AM  
owltx

I got them in the mail last night and did Sculpting RX Workout #2 this morning. I really liked it; kind of a cardio effect lighter weight sculpting workout. As Pam mentioned, there is lots of variety in this one that keeps things moving. She does each move for 45 seconds - the pattern seemed to be two compound weight moves (i.e., lunges with lateral raises) and then you set down your weights for a standing move that was more ab focused. I didn't write it down, though, so I can't swear to that pattern. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would, actually - I have a feeling I am going to like the interval premix that combines the two workouts. I didn't love the floor work at the end, and would have loved more standing work in its place. Warm Up was about a little over 4 minutes, short stretch at the end - total workout w/warmup & stretch clocked in at 30:30.
Old 09-29-18, 12:21 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

I received my dvds yesterday & tried Sculpt Rx WO1 (1 round premix) this morning. I really liked it and can see myself getting a lot of use out of this. It's 10 reps of each move and I found I could switch poundage pretty easily as I needed. Thumbs up!

I also did Stepboxing 2 WO1 (on the floor since I wasn't familiar with the moves). I thought this was a perfect follow up to Kelly's Stepboxing dvd, which is one of the most-used dvds in my collection! Looking forward to trying WO2.

I previewed the Dumbbells premix on Stepboxing 2 & thought it was too fast & twisty for my 62-year-old back & not easily modifiable (for me anyway). That's a disappointment as the Dumbbells add-on on Stepboxing is one I use a lot; was hoping for an update.

I wasn't bothered by the music on either one of these workouts (in fact, I thought it went well with the moves & was motivating), but to each her own. I didn't enjoy the music on one of Kelly's latest sets (Build & Burn?) while others were saying they liked it.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kcm sale, kelly coffey-meyer, music off option, sculpting rx, step boxing 2