Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-06, 09:00 PM  
Mike Zen

The magic word - Callanetics

HTS Abs does not include pilates (it was released sometimes in the mid 90s when pilates was not a craze then) but it has 3 nice 10 minutes segments and it's filmed outdoors. Effective exercises and worth it even if you can't stand her sometimes condescending chatter. Her latest HTS Pilates also has 3 10 minute segments which are very effective. You may want to preview it at Collage.

For me, to hit the lower pooch, there is one magic word - CALLANETICS STOMACH! Callan Pickney does a mean 20 minutes routine that it bulldoze your lower pooch and fry it flat like a pancake! That routine (though dated 90) is a real gem! Try it. Callan's a one-of-a-kind "pooch buster" !!!!

Mike
Mike Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 09:29 PM  
pollytc

You know...I have this Callanetics 20 minute Stomach video that I got off ebay last year and never even tried! I might have to start doing it for a month and see what happens. How often do you do this workout?
Old 03-20-06, 10:05 AM  
pollytc

I went to Ebay looking for Denise HTS Abs, and there were actually a few.....one released in 1995, another in 2000 and then a "best of HTS Abs". Which do you think would benefit me bidding on the most? (meaning most effective, of course).

Thanks!

Kim
Old 03-23-06, 01:46 AM  
Mike Zen

HTS & Callanetics

Hi Kim

For Callanetics, I usually do it once a week for maintenance as I incorporate pilates, traditional, standing abs, med ball, stab ball etc. But if you want to accelerate your results, perhaps you can shoot for twice or thrice a week? Do note that it can be quite hard on the neck though!

As for HTS Abs, I suggest the very first one which is the 1995 release - it's a green covered boxcover. There was a subsequent HTS Abs Gold released in 1998 which is red covered but it has 3 abs segments and 1 back segment. The 1995 release is definitely better.

If you want to mix it up, I would strongly encourage pilates too to complement your abs regime.

Hope that helps

Mike
Mike Zen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest change