Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-04-20, 11:33 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

First of all: JULIE!! I'm happy to see you back. I have thought of you and wondered how everything was going. Man, 2020 has been a rough year for all of us, but I think that you had an especially bad one. But, I'm glad to see you looking forward and sounding strong.

You mention Cash but what about the other Woody??
'
I'm just back from a 1 hour walk. Yesterday was a bit shorter at 45 minutes.

PP- I'm allergic to wool too. Just typing that word makes me itchy. I hope you're feeling better.

SB-Happy walking!
Old 12-05-20, 10:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

60 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk later today when the rain hopefully stops. I hope to add on too.
I've been in a bit of a mini slump with the add ons. Maybe I need to pull out the old reliable Winsor Buns & Thighs. I haven't done pilates in awhile.

JULIE, looks like a nice "off" day workout.
That is comforting that you're close with all your children and live with the older ones.
I don't remember if you're working with the dog walking or I think you had an office job?

NORA, good walks. Keep it up.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 05:36 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Wednesday night some moron came to work sick, it turns our he has Covid so everyone in Hubby's department was sent home for 2 weeks, whether they were near the guy or not. We are mad because if this guy had just stayed home we wouldn't be burning our vacation days for the next year up on this quarantine. So we are trying to figure out if any stores in our area deliver or if we will have to do curbside or get a friend to pick it up for us, etc. I'm pretty good at stocking up, since I just can't run to the store whenever I run out or want something but some things like milk, not so much.

Hubby's friend and co worker is missing all the quarantine drama but he finally had his surgery yesterday, they had to do a lot of things to try and save the finger. We are waiting to see about the outcome. I offered to make them a meal but was declined. Good thing now that we are in quarantine.

Now that my sinus is feeling better I have a knee that's bothering me. It feels like it locked it or hyperextended it. I found out how I did it while I was sitting on the couch today. so I'm taking another rest day. I was listening to a podcast and they were discussing why adults don't play anymore. Through the podcast I decided that while I complain about exercising a lot, this is also my 'fun' and I should do it more often. I will have to work around Hubby for the next few weeks but maybe I can get him interested. I'm hoping to get him to do some back exercises.

Julie, good job on your workout and taking Cash for a walk. I'm sure he enjoyed it! and I hope you did also.

Nora, being a knitter and allergic to wool gets me a lot of jokes and teasing. I do have a few merino wool things but I have to wear a turtleneck or scarf around my neck. since I wear my hair in a pixie cut this isn't always a bad thing.

SB, did your MR expire already? I have a couple workouts I do when I can't get myself to do anything else.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 10:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

55 minute outdoor walk

I never did add-on again. I don't know what the problem is. We're helping DS and his gf move today so I'm not sure what I'll have time or energy for workout/walking wise. We'll see.

PENGUIN, oh no on the covid exposure!
I really don't understand people not staying home when they're sick I hope the rest days are helping you and the knee improves quickly. The month with MR is over. It was fun but I'm already thinking of KCM or SS or .... who knows?

Waves to all. Have a good one!
Old 12-06-20, 10:18 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB - I think that helping your son move counts as a workout. Will they still be close to where you live?

PP- I'm sorry that you have to go through a Covid scare. I think it's pretty easy these days to get a grocery delivery no matter where you live.

Julie - I hope you're coming back!
And where's Terri?

Yesterday was a walk. Today, I did a step workout for the first time in a long time. It was Rebecca Small Step Revolution. So, I get to keep my VF membership card!
Old 12-07-20, 08:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

Yesterday was just the moving but it was certainly enough. Of course they live on the second floor too . I am planning a walk today and I keep hoping to add on.
One of these days...

NORA, nice walk and step workout!
You can stay at VF now. lol ETA -- they are about 20, 25 minutes away so a little further than they were but not bad.

Old 12-07-20, 05:13 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So Hubby is having his Covid test now. Even if he tests negative they still won't let him go back to work until the 17th. So there goes all our vacation for the next year. Stupid virus.

Our neighbor was kind enough to go buy dog food and groceries for us, yesterday. So at least we won't starve. I bought Christmas cards early and have some left over from last year so I'll have that do keep my busy.

SB, Thank you. My knee is better and other than a little sniffle, which we had before, we are both fine.

Today I did UTTB Holiday's workout from a few years ago, followed by a Disco Rock 2000 step walk I did a few weeks ago and enjoyed. I think I'm running out of Gina's workouts, when I pull her up I have to search a while to find one I haven't done already.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 06:28 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP- That does not seem fair that your Hubs loses his vaca days because of a covid scare that came up at the workplace. Shouldn't that be on them??? He should appeal that!

SB - It's funny. My DS was going to move this month too, although just to a bigger unit in the same building. It fell through until later in the spring. That's good because I really didn't feel like helping out in cold weather!

Today, I went for a 50 minute walk. It almost didn't happen, but I forced myself out the door.
Old 12-07-20, 07:37 PM  
Jewels5

Hi Ladies!

I need to get in the habit of doing this again before I fall off the wagon...
I got caught up in getting ready to move.

Fri: Physique 57 Express + walk
Sat: Walks only
Sun: ICE Rock 'm Sock 'm + walk
Mon: Ripped with HiiT Two (have yet to walk)

Nora! So great to see you! Yes, I'm committed to coming back. I need to work up to my VF membership card though. Lol Woody is with Jack at his dad's. Gracie passed away in April and we adopted Cash a few weeks later. He's an absolute angel. Good for you getting out for your walk when you didn't feel like it. I need to take some of that motivation about now.

Penguin, I hope your hubby is okay! I'm with Nora; that doesn't seem fair about losing his vacation time. Your holiday workout sounds fun.

SB, I agree moving is a workout! How nice of you to help your son and his gf. I spent the whole weekend purging things for the move and was wiped out. Great job with all your add-ons and long walks. I am working at an office job now. I miss that dog walking job! Are you still working at the restaurant?

You all got me thinking I'm allergic to wool...I just thought it was naturally itch-inducing!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 09:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

Almost added on the swings after dinner, I'm getting there. I have a cut and color today but still am hoping for a walk and possibly more.

PENGUIN, nice workouts. Have you tried Reps to the Rhythm on youtube? Someone posted a video on GD and it looked like fun and you know I'm so not a video cardio person. Glad you and hubby are feeling well. I also was thinking it wasn't fair to burn up your vacay time for something out of hub's control.

NORA, I hear ya on forcing myself out the door yesterday. And moving in the cold on Sunday was definitely not fun.

JULIE, great consistency with your exercise routine. After my DS' move I'm absolutely dreading the day I have to move out of my house. We have no current plans to move but it may happen one day.
We've accumulated so much stuff through the decades. Thankfully DS had some friends helping with the heavy furniture type stuff. My restaurant closed in March due to covid and never re-opened.
It was kind of a blessing in disguise because I was really burned out. So I'm in a kind of early retirement right now. Maybe one day I'll look for something part-time, not a restaurant job though! Now is not the time yet though.

Good to see we're getting our group back together. Now we just need Terri and maybe even Cambet?