Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-17, 08:28 AM  
mandie123

Thanks for sharing!I'am so bad at tech stuff,could not figure it out
Old 08-07-17, 10:16 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

She looks great! I totally spaced and confused her with Mari Winsor when this was posted!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-17, 10:35 AM  
ardnas

Wow, she looks amazing! I've always liked her - so funny and I still use her weight training books.
Old 08-07-17, 10:46 AM  
ellaenchanted

She looks fab!!!
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-17, 10:59 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
Wow, she looks amazing! I've always liked her - so funny and I still use her weight training books.
i agree. i just borrowed and wrote down the sequence of her "Top Shape" book written for men. i have the rest of her fitness and nutrition books and a couple that she co-wrote with other women body builders who are titleists (McLish and Portugues).

the people who tried her programs are all around 40-50 years old and Joyce has published their before/after pictures in her books. these are all un-retouched, of course. that's the motivating part - that they're in my age group and have succeeded!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-17, 12:14 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

She looks amazing! She still looks her same old wacky self - I always loved her personality

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-17, 03:22 PM  
aspidistra

Hey I was just reading two of her books from the 80s. She looks better now than she did then, in my view. One of the reasons I didn't stay with her workout was that her thighs looked so overdeveloped and I didn't want that look. She stopped overdoing it and looks perfect now. I just wonder which moves she cut down on to normalize her proportions.
aspidistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-17, 03:42 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

thanks for posting!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-17, 07:13 PM  
carly

She looks amazing and so happy! Thanks for sharing.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 02:49 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspidistra View Post
Hey I was just reading two of her books from the 80s. She looks better now than she did then, in my view. One of the reasons I didn't stay with her workout was that her thighs looked so overdeveloped and I didn't want that look. She stopped overdoing it and looks perfect now. I just wonder which moves she cut down on to normalize her proportions.
I remember one of her books from around that time (I've seen it in libraries but never opened it). Its subtitle promised "shape without bulk," and much of its cover was a picture of her--including a good fraction of her uncovered thighs.

I don't believe that she was somehow deluded about the quality of her thighs; I do believe that so-called physical imperfections are in the eye of the beholder.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, joyce vedral, vintage instructors