Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 08:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Yep, that's me!
winkin' atcha back.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 05:50 AM  
lorajc

I hate to sound like I'm not grateful but ONLY 6 pounds .....or maybe I should ask a different way ...how much did you need to lose? I need to lose 50. I'd be upset if i only lost 6.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 09:08 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
I hate to sound like I'm not grateful but ONLY 6 pounds .....or maybe I should ask a different way ...how much did you need to lose? I need to lose 50. I'd be upset if i only lost 6.
But it's a 21-day rotation, and she said she lost 6 lb in "the first round". So a 6-lb loss in 21 days is 2 lb/week. I don't think you're going to find anything healthy/sustainable that will give you a much faster loss than that.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 09:29 AM  
lorajc

Oh okay well when you put it that way ......I guess that sounds good. I plan on doing it for 3 months or so, so hopefully I'll lose more. Is there anyone doing The Fix now?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 09:53 AM  
Suzan66

Like Laura said.. 2 pounds a week is the healthy way to lose weight and what most programs suggest. The people I know in real life who have lost 50 pounds have done so over a one to two year period.. The only way to keep it off is to do it slowly. It's a lifestyle change not a quick fix.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 10:00 AM  
jenn38

Quote:
Oh okay well when you put it that way ......I guess that sounds good. I plan on doing it for 3 months or so, so hopefully I'll lose more. Is there anyone doing The Fix now?
My sets should be arriving Thursady. I plan on starting the workouts Sunday. I take two rest days a week and I doubt that will change for me. Like yourself I to would like to lose 50 but I'm looking for slow steady to win the race. I'm also looking at this in helping getting my portions sizes in check and develop lifetime habits.

I downloaded an app to help me track and I use myfitness pal. My exercise is consistent but I rarely see changes so I'm hoping the nutrition aspect helps me. They say it takes 21 days to make a habit and that's the approach I'm taking not a quick diet fix.
Old 08-16-15, 11:33 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
context is also important when looking at how much a person needs to lose. for example, a person with more weight to lose will show greater loss as compared to someone with less.

if you watch the infomercials/testimonies for 21DF, there was one woman i remember who did 3 rounds, and she lost at least over 20 pounds, possibly more. i was trying to find her story on youtube, but i couldn't.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 11:45 AM  
rhbrand

Quote:
If I lost 6lbs in 21 days I'd be thrilled!!!

I think you are maybe looking for the quick fix. That's never works in the long run. You need to lose 50lbs Well, that's not going to happen in 21 days. Not without losing body parts, and I don't think you want your leg amputated mid thigh.
Old 08-16-15, 11:48 AM  
dela

Jenn38, not sure if you saw the 21 day rotation calls for workouts everyday. At first I thought that seemed a bit much, but one of the days is yoga, so that's really just active rest in a way anyway. I figured since it's only 30 minutes a day, I'll just follow as designed to make sure I'm getting the full value out of the 21 days.

Lorajc, I just started on Friday. My immediate goal is 10 pounds (not in 3 weeks though, I don't lose easily), my ultimate but seemingly unattainable goal is 20. And even then by some/many standards, I should go 10 pounds lower that, but that ain't happening. In addition to just the weight loss, I really need to work on getting some muscle back, my recent injuries over the past year have really hindered my ability to do my preferred workouts, and it shows. So I'm hoping this is a good program to start moving with weights again and go from there.

I see your plan is 3 months and that's a good plan, don't worry about what others lost, those big miracles losses are usually for those in the test groups it seems , and as I understand it they do the program at it's max capacity and their eating is ON point, and they have extra coaching. I'm not sure my ultimate plan with this yet, so for now my focus is on the first 3 weeks and to do it as strict and true as possible, then evaluate at the end of the 3 weeks.

Good luck all who are starting! And while I'm not normally a check in person, if there happened to be one, I would be down for joining in
dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 day fix, 21df, autumn calabrese, diet is key, weight loss