Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-15, 08:49 AM  
yaya

TamiT...can you tell me more about the neck brushing? Has that helped tighten the skin on your neck?

Thanks.
Old 06-23-15, 09:20 AM  
yaya

Also, which Nerium cream do you recommend? Amazon carries several.
Old 06-23-15, 09:29 AM  
zoegirl

I use the Nerium AD Night Cream. I put 2 squirts on my face and 2 squirts on my neck, get my fingers damp, then start rubbing in. Very important that your face or your hands are slightly damp!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 09:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I tried the Nectifirm (according to directions) and it burned the top layer of skin on my throat. If you have sensitive skin in that area, beware, or perhaps you can get samples.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 09:53 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I never really tried Nerium AD because one pump and the scent sent me running. I gave the sample back. Why can't they make that stuff scent free?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-16, 09:05 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Check out Gold Bond Neck and Chest Firming Creams for sure. Walmart carries it for $10 bucks and so far, and based on my experiences as a user, it's worth the $10 bucks. For sure. Amazingly, I'm seeing a difference.
Old 04-14-16, 12:40 AM  
videofit

Check on the website Essential Day Spa. They have forums and product reviews. Many women on there make their own creams and lotions and many work in doctors' offices. Some of these 'miracle' creams are a waste of money so why pay more?
Old 04-14-16, 03:05 AM  
Cybersparkle

I also recommend facial exercises. There are many to choose from, just like our reg workout dvds.

What made me understand how it works is this -
Why don't we have sagging neck muscles on the back of the neck? It's because that muscle is always worked to lift the head up, so the skin back there doesn't sag.

Here are 2 vids I use

http://www.amazon.com/Tal-Reinhart-F...rch_detailpage

http://www.amazon.com/Face-Aerobics-...rch_detailpage

The best exercise for me is this -

Sit up straight. Place your hand on top your collar bone, at bottom of neck. Almost like you are going to choke yourself (but not!) - thumb on one side, other 4 fingers on the other. Tilt your head back slightly, mouth open slightly. Press down with your hand, close your mouth & jut out your chin (push bottom teeth out, past top teeth) as you press down gently & keep head tilted back.

Your hand acts as a "weight". When you close your mouth & jut your chin, you should feel the tension. Each chin jut is 1 rep. @ 10 to 40 reps everyday or as much as you like.

To get the jaw line on either side, after you tilt your head back w/ mouth open, ever so slightly - lean it to the side by dropping your ear to the shoulder.

Then, with hand at bottom of throat, close mouth & jut. You should feel the tension more on the side of the neck & press down with your hand more on the side you are toning.

I would say be very gentle with all these motions at first & feel the tension of the rep. Be careful with how far you tilt your head & how hard you jut at first. Ease into it.

If you feel no tension, tilt back a little more, jut a little harder & press a little harder with your hand or make sure your hand is positioned correctly & pressing the bottom of the neck muscles, not just the collar bone.

Expect to feel slight DOMS the next day as the muscle tightens. Easy peasy, no surgery or creams & free to try!

Just like other workout vids, different face workouts use different methods to work the same muscle. This one works best & fastest for me, but I def haven't tried them all & another face toning method may suit you better.

Of course, I am not an instructor or anything. The vids give proper directions, what I have described gives you an idea of what to expect.

EDIT: I found a utube video describing this. She doesn't press her hand on the neck, but the other movements are the same. Starts the neck segment at @ 8:01

https://youtu.be/oGIB2tRu8-k?t=8m1s

I hope I was clear ... If you need more info, just pm me.

Best of luck

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-16, 01:15 PM  
Leonana

Cybersparkle, thanks for the neck exercises!

I like CeraVe's serum, that has retinol in it. It seems to have minimized some of my wrinkles.
Old 04-14-16, 01:50 PM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

CIA and skincare

No, that is not Creative Instructor Aerobics but CIA as in Central Intelligence Agency. Check this out Clearista
It is pretty pricey.
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, carole maggio, facial exercises, facial machines, loose skin, over 50