music.....please delete

Nevermind....no comment

Last edited by lorajc; 05-09-15 at 09:11 PM. Reason: please delete
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-15, 12:11 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
If you have Buti Streaming or ART Method Streaming - you'll probably agree with me that the music is motivating! Personally, I love the music Bizzee (spelling?) and Terri use! Even my DH can't help himself from groovin' when he walks thru the w/o area! LOL

Is it REALLY that difficult for Instructors to record stuff like this on DVDs because of the copyright laws? and why is it okay for them to use this sort of music on the streaming site's? This just doesn't make sense to me! A workout is a workout! Why should they all care if it's used in a workout video. That's right, even Tracy Anderson has good music in her streaming vid's. What's up with this?
Must be ego. Their voices and their presentations must be front-and-center. I'm not really calling you out, Denise ... but you know ...

And maybe really, realllly liking the music of the cheaper, cover artists for the hit-like tunes. This accounts for some not-so-small part of me liking the American moldy-oldies, plus the exotic music from the other side of the globe ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-15, 10:14 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Nevermind....no comment
But the thread is still here.

What? Did Denise Austin complain to the moderator?
She knows what kind of also-ran music she chooses ...

I mean, people learn from her words and movements.
Umm, more visual learning types of people than (possibly) you but certainly me ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
Old 05-11-15, 09:56 AM  
lorajc

No I was asked to remove it by the instructors that are flying under the radar and don't want attention brought to them, I never thought of that.....I feel bad........I never meant to do that......I only want good music but I guess I just have to shut up and accept some things for the way they are .....or long story short, foot in mouth which I'm very food at.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 09:59 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Did you click on the red "Report Post" triangle so Wendy will see it and be able to delete it?

I do remember Christi Taylor talking about how terribly expensive it is to license music for workouts.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 10:44 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
No I was asked to remove it by the instructors that are flying under the radar and don't want attention brought to them, I never thought of that.....I feel bad........I never meant to do that......I only want good music but I guess I just have to shut up and accept some things for the way they are .....or long story short, foot in mouth which I'm very food at.
(((hugs))) I'm sorry that you were made to feel this way from an instructor stalking the forum. If they're not doing anything wrong, they should have nothing to be afraid of. And this subject has been talked about plenty of times on this forum - you are not the only one who feels this way about music, so please don't feel bad. I suspect the reason your post got noticed is because you named one instructor in particular...
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 11:18 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I think it's a good idea for instructors to visit VF to find out what is popular and what is not.

I think it stinks that an instructor would ask that a post be deleted. This is an open consumer forum. IMHO, only Wendy has the right to ask that a post be deleted.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 11:27 AM  
sherry7899

Lora-sending hugs to you! I agree with Alta's post 100 percent!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 11:27 AM  
PhyllisG

Really they can do that have a post removed because of why....? Well now everyone wants to know who it was so instead of avoiding attention they have attracted it. I don't think I read the original post or at least I don't remember it.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 11:37 AM  
TinierTina

Commercialized Yoga or Yoga Fusion Instructor ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I think it's a good idea for instructors to visit VF to find out what is popular and what is not.

I think it stinks that an instructor would ask that a post be deleted. This is an open consumer forum. IMHO, only Wendy has the right to ask that a post be deleted.
I'm not surprised.

But then, I'd bet some yoga (fitness yoga) instructors think aparigraha and santosha are not exciting enough to do on a yoga mat; or that they even relate to physical movement at all ...

-Bettina

Tags
music, terri walsh