Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-14, 10:20 PM  
keilan00

Thumbs up Cool website with free paper workouts: NeilaRey.com

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been here awhile but wanted to stop by and share a new website I just learned about called: http://NeilaRey.com
The owner of the website is a young woman who designs and draws workouts and gives them away for free! You can make a donation but that's entirely up to you.

On the website she has four different 30-90 day programs. The workouts don't require any equipment and are bodyweight based.
http://neilarey.com/programs.html

There are individual workouts that she constantly adds to and offers free pdf downloads. The workouts are named after movies, characters, and some really random stuff like bacon. Don't put to much stock into the name of the workout because the exercise moves don't always correlate to the theme. Just think of it as an alternative to something called Workout 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.
http://neilarey.com/workouts.html

Convenient workout cards pdf download:
http://neilarey.com/workout-cards.html

There are also recipes, meal plans, and fitness and nutrition tips.
Unfortunately she does not offer follow along workouts but that may change in the future since she has a reserved youtube channel. There is no content but already has tons of subscribers.

Most of all, she seems very sweet. Here's an interview she did last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mion5lyXSyc
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 03:10 AM  
bee1forfitness

I mention this in an early post
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ts#post2425293

I really like how well she has done this..... as a written workout junkie, they're well put together and should have been right up my alley. My problem is even through I've known about this website for almost a year, and have looked at many of the workouts...I have yet to do a single one, I don't know why either, maybe I'm overwhelmed ????
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 10:02 AM  
keilan00

I was worried about reposting information and even did a VF search for Neila and nothing came up. I guess words don't show up if imbedded in a url.
Sometimes it's okay to repeat information. I remember being the first to link to a Zuzana workout a long time ago and got quite a bit of negative feedback. Oye! Years later, she's now a fitness favorite.

I actually learned about the site from a a older gentleman who was a least in his 60's. He's vegetarian, exercises with kettlebells, runs marathons, and seems to way more internet savvy than me. His knowledge took me by surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
My problem is even through I've known about this website for almost a year, and have looked at many of the workouts...I have yet to do a single one, I don't know why either, maybe I'm overwhelmed ????
I know that exact feeling. A long time ago, I signed up for a Turbulence Training membership, downloaded as much as I could, canceled before I had to renew membership, and never did a single workout. That changed yesterday. I did a TT workout that consisted only of squats and lunges and it kind of kicked my butt! I'm not going to sign up again for a membership because I don't like the way they continuously tried to upsell their materials and their friend's workout programs. My email was always flooded with buy this or buy that progam. That's why I was impressed with Neila Rey. She doesn't charge anything.

I'm going to print off the workout cards and start with that.
Old 07-28-14, 11:05 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post

I'm going to print off the workout cards and start with that.
Great minds think a like This is what I did...I feel it's more manageable and I'll probably be more inclined to do the workouts in cards layout form, it's more focus for me
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 08:34 AM  
beatchica

Talking

Thanks so much for posting! I really like paper workouts that are illustrated. These are simply fantastic and so many! Neila Rey is amazing and sweet.

I just bought her book from Amazon! I am definitely on online content person, but sometimes it is really nice to have a physical book to flip through.

100 No-Equipment Workouts
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 11:55 AM  
keilan00

I love the illustrations too!

Here's a tip:
If your printer is capable of printing multiple pages per sheet, select 2 pages per page. This will create standard playing card sized workouts. Instead of using up 32 pieces of paper, you only use 16.

I'm not sure if I'm going to cut up the individual workouts. I kind of like seeing 8 different workouts on the same page. I might hole punch them and put it in a 3-ring binder. On the other hand, little cards are easy to carry around in your purse or wallet. Hmmmm...
Old 07-29-14, 03:39 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Thanks excellent site!
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-15, 09:08 PM  
Tiny

OLD THREAD ALERT

I just wanted to say how fantastic I think this website is. I haven't done any of the challenges or workouts because I'm trying to decide where to begin. The illustrations are fantastic and most of the moves are what we are all familiar with.

She has now added a forum to her project as well.

Thanks to those who have mentioned Neila Rey!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 10:17 PM  
Tiny

OLD THREAD ALERT........again

I just wanted to mention that her website is now called DareBee, however the link above will still lead you to the website. She has added so much content since I last bumped this thread. I think it is worthwhile to take a look. Simple recipes, a list of affordable protein options and many other interesting reads under nutrition.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 11:18 PM  
Chomper

Thanks what a cool site!

I was browsing and loved what I saw. Even saw a sandbag workout, and I'm still lookin for an excuse to get one of those. Ha ha, I'll be sure to check out the site more thoroughly.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body weight workouts, bodyweight workouts, darebee, neila rey, nr project, paper workouts