Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-13, 12:35 PM  
Bebop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Was that for shoulders? I haven't done the weights in 4DS for a while...I remember shoulders being very intense since it was just an all shoulder's workout. Where if I remember, biceps were superset with triceps? I'll have to review that dvd! Thanks!
I haven't done 4D in a while but everytime I do it, I like it because she pyramids. I think she pyramids other body parts in addition to shoulder work. IMHO Cathe is a bit heavy on the shoulder work. I'm going to do 4D's next week now.

I just did Speedy Non-stop today. I love this workout. It gives you no excuse to not workout. Fry the upper body and do abs in 15 minutes! Total body workout in 30 minutes! No more excuses.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 01:59 PM  
Mandy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
I haven't done 4D in a while but everytime I do it, I like it because she pyramids. I think she pyramids other body parts in addition to shoulder work. IMHO Cathe is a bit heavy on the shoulder work. I'm going to do 4D's next week now.

I just did Speedy Non-stop today. I love this workout. It gives you no excuse to not workout. Fry the upper body and do abs in 15 minutes! Total body workout in 30 minutes! No more excuses.
I love your positive energyIt's Speedy Nonstop for me too today. I love using my stability ball instead of a bench. Much more comfortable for my back.
Old 10-23-13, 03:27 PM  
rheash92

I wanted to post here that I called the number on the website and spoke to Mealiisa (Joyce's cousin). I told her that the website is charging $4 per DVD..so if Im trying to buy 5 DVD's its charging me $20. She said there was nothing that they could do because the DVD prices are so cheap...but she gave me a good recommendation about purchasing the 3-pack..That way you will be paying $2 extra for 3 DVD's but the shipping will only be $5. This is a good idea. So now I have to look for a 6th DVD to purchase then it will be $70 instead of paying $65 for 5 DVD's. So far I have: BUG, Just series (2DVD's), Quick quartet and speedy non-stop...

Any recommendations for the 6th DVD? Thanks.

Also, she said that the sale will last until Sunday.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 05:29 PM  
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
I wanted to post here that I called the number on the website and spoke to Mealiisa (Joyce's cousin). I told her that the website is charging $4 per DVD..so if Im trying to buy 5 DVD's its charging me $20. She said there was nothing that they could do because the DVD prices are so cheap...but she gave me a good recommendation about purchasing the 3-pack..That way you will be paying $2 extra for 3 DVD's but the shipping will only be $5. This is a good idea. So now I have to look for a 6th DVD to purchase then it will be $70 instead of paying $65 for 5 DVD's. So far I have: BUG, Just series (2DVD's), Quick quartet and speedy non-stop...

Any recommendations for the 6th DVD? Thanks.

Also, she said that the sale will last until Sunday.
Either Bone Building which is different in that it's slower and you take more rests which would be good to rotate with the dvd's your getting. Or Fast Forward which also has Gut love handle pooch busters on that DVD. Fast Forward cycle 1 works back/chest/abs. Cycle 2 works butt/shoulders/calf muscles(this is one of my favorites) and cycle 3 works legs/biceps and triceps.
Old 10-23-13, 10:07 PM  
txfitmom

I own quite a few Joyce workouts, in case anyone wants breakdowns of what is on each DVD:

Slow Duet
-SD Upper Body - 15 min
-SD Lower Body - 13 min

Quick Quartet
-QQ Upper Body - 22 min
-QQ Lower Body - 14 min
-Troublesome body parts - 3 min

Definition
-Upper Body - First Plan - 17 min
-Upper Body - Maximum Plan - 16 min
-Middle Body - First Plan - 9 min
-Middle Body - Maximum Plan - 9 min
-Bonus Ab Segment - 6 min
-Lower Body - First Plan - 11 min
-Lower Body - Maximum Plan - 25 min

Fast Forward
-FF Cycle 1 - 33 min (back, chest, and stomach)
-FF Cycle 2 - 27 min (hip-butt, shoulders, calves)
-FF Cycles 3 and Abs - 34 min and 6 min (thighs, triceps, and biceps)
-Gut, Love Handles, Pooch Busters - 22 min

On the Ball
Warmup - 3 min
-Upper Body - 15 min
-Lower Body - 15 min

Bottoms Up Gold Plus
-Upper Body and Abs - upper body segment 43 min and abs segment 15-20 min
-Lower Body and Back - 45 min
-Chest and Shoulder Super Sets - 15 min
-Biceps and Triceps Super Sets - 21 min
-Thigh and Hip/Buttock Super Sets - 33 min
-Back and Calves Super Sets - 11 min
-Abdominals - 14 min

Speedy Non-Stop
-Upper Body - Chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, and abs - 20 min
-Lower Body - thighs, hips, butt, and back - 15 min
-Extra Stomach Zapping Abs - 10 min

Interval Aerobics Plus Easy Does It
-Interval One - back, legs, abs, and hips/butt - 21 min
-Interval Two - repeat of first workout exactly - 21 min
-Easy Does It - stretching 33 min

Complete Weight Training Series Plus Workout 101
-Workout Day 1 (Upper Body, Abs, Hips, and Butt) (45 min)
--can also do individual sections: shoulders and biceps, chest and triceps, abs, hips, and butt
-Workout Day 2 (Lower Body and Extra Abs, Hips, and Butt) (40 min)
--can also do individual sections: back and lower body and extra abs, hips, and butt
-Workout 101 (no music) - 25 min

Complete Fat Burning Workout Series Plus the Bathing Suit Workout
-Volume 1 - Upper Body or Middle/Lower Body (starts at 37 min)
-Volume 2 - Upper Body or Middle/Lower Body
-Bathing Suit Workout (23 min)
--Beginner (one time)
--Intermediate (two times)
--Advanced (three times)
-it looks like each segment of each volume is around 30 min

Complete Nonstop and Dynamic Tension
-NonStop Workout Day 1 (chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, and calves) (23 min)
-NonStop Workout Day 2 (legs, hips, butt, back and abs) (27 min)
-Dynamic Tension Workout Days 1 and 4 (chest, triceps, and shoulders) (14 min)
-Dynamic Tension Workout Days 2 and 5 (thighs, hip-butt, and abs) (14 min)
-Dynamic Tension Workout Days 3 and 6 (back, biceps, and calves) (10 min)
-Dynamic Tension Workout Days 7 (extra abs and hips/butt) (10 min)

Cougar Workout
-Workout - 1 hr 10 min
-Chapters: Warm-Up, Lower Body (Thighs and Back and Butt and Abs), Upper Body (30 min), Cool Down, Special Thighs Work

Just Thighs and Just Arms/Just Bra-Roll-Boobs and Just Butt
-Just Thighs - 35 Min
-Just Arms - 30 Min
-Just Bra-Roll/Boobs - 25 Min
-Just Butt - 22 Min

Top Shape/It's Now or Never
-Day One - Upper Body - 32 Min
-Day Two - Lower Body - 15 Min

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 07:43 AM  
rheash92

Mandy - thank you so much! And thanks to everyone that provided input. I decided to go with Fast Forward. i hope I receive the DVD's fast..Anyone know where they are located? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 09:49 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Txfitmom, thank you for taking the time to break down the workouts for us! I rarely do Joyce's workouts these days, but if I was strictly results oriented rather than fun oriented, I would only do Joyce Vedral for upper body. People can laugh at her all they want -- her workouts are the most effective of any I've tried over the years.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 10:16 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Txfitmom, thank you for taking the time to break down the workouts for us! I rarely do Joyce's workouts these days, but if I was strictly results oriented rather than fun oriented, I would only do Joyce Vedral for upper body. People can laugh at her all they want -- her workouts are the most effective of any I've tried over the years.
I have to agree, Breezy, and am starting a Joyce rotation soon. Thanks to Txfitmom for those DVD breakdowns!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 11:09 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I rarely do Joyce's workouts these days, but if I was strictly results oriented rather than fun oriented, I would only do Joyce Vedral for upper body. People can laugh at her all they want -- her workouts are the most effective of any I've tried over the years.
I second that. For me, Joyce's upper body workouts are better than Cathe's, and you don't need a gym's worth of equipment, either.

In fact, even though I do almost no other workouts besides yoga these days, you all have made me think about getting Speedy Nonstop. I'm totally into short and effective weight workouts.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 06:30 PM  
imhere2dance

I do Speedy, Non-Stop! several times a month. I really love the workout...especially the upper body portion. But I probably do the 10 minute bonus (Stomach Zapping Abs) even more often.

Joyce has a sale on her website this week. I think it ends Sunday (10/27/13). Anyway, every DVD is only $8.98 right now. Here's the link: joycevedral.com
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fast forward, joyce vedral, joyce vedral breakdowns, joyce vedral favorites