Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-13, 08:40 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Consistency.

For me, that meant finding something to do that I COULD do, every few days without too much in the way of DOMS afterwards. A bit of stiffness, a bit of discomfort is okay, but if I hurt too much, I stray from my path and wind up not being as active as I should.
Ditto this.
Consistency. Finding something doable on a regular basis.
Right now, I'm doing short circuits (Tracey Mallett) for cardio, upper body and abs, and floor work for legs and glutes. I want to incorporate some standing barre again, probably when the kids are off school for the summer.

It's crucial for me to adapt to my energy and the time I have available to work out. If I try to stick to a strict rotation, a day comes when I can't do the workout I planned and I stress out.

Now... to find consistency with eating... I find eating poorly affects my fitness negatively
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 09:45 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Me too Finding VF, this community, support and wisdom.
+1. You've turned me on to so many different workouts, which is key for me.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 10:15 AM  
PhyllisG

I would have to agree VF. Without everyone here I would still be doing the classic Firms and Cathe. I have tried and enjoyed so many other instructors and workouts--especially barre and fusion. I get so much encouragement and motivation from everyone here and the trades are great.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 01:28 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I would have to agree VF. Without everyone here I would still be doing the classic Firms and Cathe. I have tried and enjoyed so many other instructors and workouts--especially barre and fusion. I get so much encouragement and motivation from everyone here and the trades are great.
This is true for me too. I only knew about the Firm, Cathe, and the videos (that's what they had at the time) sold retail or in the Collage catalog (which is how I found Cathe). But VF is how I found out about CIA, kettlebells, and other different instructors. It's also fun knowing that there are other people that enjoy having a variety of workouts. When I joined, I had about 70 exercise videos and I thought that was a lot. Then I joined VF and my collection exploded.
Old 06-11-13, 01:49 PM  
Sophie

I was really scratching my head over this one, because no single workout type as made a huge difference. There have been plenty of small, incremental improvements over the years as I've added things on.

But after reading through the posts, I'd have to agree with VF, because exercising at home has allowed me to be consistent through all sorts of lifestyle changes, career changes, family additions, and all the disruptions that can derail you. Plus, lots of stuff just doesn't get to my town, or it comes years later. So it gives you the chance to find out and experiment with a wider range of exercise types.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 02:19 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
Nat-I've been thinking of getting the ART Method and adding it in.
My prob is I LOVE variety and get excited doing something new all the time, sad but true,just know as I'am getting older(58) need to find workouts that I can keep doing.
Hi Mandie123 - There is a lot of variety within ART and a new workout posted each week (along with some extra bonus workouts here and there.) Some workouts use heavy weights, some light weights or a combination, or kettlebells, (tubing, ankle weights, gliding disks, etc.) I was a huge variety junkie until I signed up for the virtual studio. Also several people in VF ART checkin are mixing ART in with other things like Tracy Anderson and Essentrics.

HTH,
Nat
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 02:29 PM  
F1mom

Eating clean. Finally I'm seeing results and my overall health has improved.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 03:26 PM  
laurajhawk

Yoga has been huge for me too, but really, I progressed from sporadic attempts at fitness to an actual fitness journey the day I switched to morning workouts. That's what made it possible for me to stay on a program, to exercise daily (weekdays at least) without fail, and to focus on my workout instead of being distracted by everything else that goes on in the evenings.

I am NOT as strong or flexible in the mornings as I am in the afternoons. Doesn't matter. It's all about showing up.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 03:25 AM  
lrb04

Leslie & stretching. Leslie because I can do her daily & it being low impact which equals no injuries & working out more often. And I just walking workouts! Stretching because I am more flexible & fewer injuries.

As you can see being injury free is an important to maintain from past experience I keep that in mind! I also have mastered making ever workout I have to modify to my needs!

A special thanks to VF & everyone's input! I would not have tried Ellen or Leslie if it was not for the girls here!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 03:51 AM  
juberann

Weights without a doubt. I have always dabbled in weight lifting but never with any consistancy and never anything over 5 pounds Since starting a CONSISTANT weight training program (since January) I have lost a total of 24 pounds and 21 overall inches. I still do some cardio but not nearly as much as I used to, it's the weights that have truly changed my body

Tags
biggest change