Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-11, 09:51 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Just popping in to say hello! This thread caught my eye as I am doing a Joyce rotation of sorts. I only have her Speedy Non-stop/Dynamic Tension dvd. I am doing DT right now rotating between the four segments. I am using it as an add on to my cardio and yoga as I keep hearing how weights are so good to burn fat and build bone. I have never been a fan of weights, not really my thing, but I am almost enjoying them. Joyce is a hoot, and it's is not difficult to add on 15 min a day. I have a couple of other dvds with short weight segments so will rotate through them as well, but want to do Joyce for at least 3-4 weeks. I wasn't as taken with Speedy Non-stop as the transitions are so fast that I am leery of injury. I am a bit susceptible to putting my SI joint out and did so a few years ago doing a fast moving aerotone workout. So I avoid swinging weights around too quickly.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 12:19 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

just wanted to clarify that joyce as a minimum plan on her DVD for definition, each workout is about 15 min, upper - middle - lower. Total body is not 15 min. If I do the maximum plan ALL of it with the DVD it used to take 80 minutes... Joyce is sneaky she does have minimum plans that are very short.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 02:19 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hej View Post
That's one advantage of her videos, actually. You use a high rep speed and when she says 15 sec. rest, it does clock in as pretty short. You may have to go waaaaay down in poundage (I did for Definition) but it gets done in a short period of time and you do get the results as promised (at least I do). I realized how much I was "cheating" doing it as a paper workout when I got the videos.

That said, Joyce for me is more about "visible results" and isolated muscular strength/endurance. Nowadays, I definitely complement her workouts with other workouts (pilates, classical stretch, yoga) because functionally, Joyce-only rotations leave me feeling a bit stiff, clumsy, and ungraceful.

But I'm getting older, creakier and stiffer anyway, so maybe that's to be expected. When I was younger it wasn't such a problem.
When I was doing Power 90, 20 lbs. was as heavy as I went on any exercise (back exercises), so it is not like I am used to major bodybuilding. I do lift in part for bone strength, and I would rather go slower and use weights that are a bit heavier than go as light as Joyce does (the lightest dumbbell I have is 3 lbs.)

I doubt seriously that I'll continue to use Joyce exclusively for strength work, but I did want to try her Definition workout to get some shaping. There will definitely be yoga and stretching in my current routine, as I love both of them and Joyce just doesn't include anything like that in any of her routines.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 04:16 PM  
3ks

I love to see JV posts pop up.

I have been doing JV since last week.

I like her workouts and her style. She cracks me up. Right now I don't want to hop around and sweat and jump, ugh.

I don't want to have to put on 2 bras to workout. Her workouts are keeping me moving. I just keep the remote handy and pause while I set up the next weight increment or while getting up off the floor, etc.

I have her workouts lined up for the next 3 weeks.

I actually just ordered her Cougar and Walk with Joyce dvds from DD this morning. I was missing those two and I am in a mindset for JV right now. The only one I am missing is Just Abs.

Mandy, dear...do post your winning JV rotations once more. I know you have had fantastic results from using her workouts and would love to see what she suggested you use to obtain those wonderful results.

Thanks.

Kiddy

Tags
fast forward, joyce vedral, joyce vedral rotations