Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-11, 05:52 AM  
shelly234

Joyce Vedral rotations?

Hi-Has anyone done a primarily Joyce Vedral rotation that they can recommend? I'm looking for something effective to try and lose inches anywhere in the area between my belly button and knees. I am also willing to add in other types of videos/instructors if need be. Thanks for your help.
shelly234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 08:03 AM  
Terry

In the General Discussion thread, you can go to the top for the Workout/Fitness FAQs. The sticky at the top of the FAQs is for the Everything Everything thread (or something like that). There is an Everything Joyce thread that might help you out.

Here is the link to the EJ thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...threadid=23916

If you haven't joined a group on the Challenges and Check-ins thread, maybe you'd like to join us at the All My Workouts group: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=169031

I have several Joyce workouts I have never done or even Couch Potato Reviewed. If you join the AMW group, I might be persuaded to do a short Joyce rotation with you so I can get through Joyce to see what I want to keep, and not, during my 2011 Declutter.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 11:32 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Basically Joyce is into splits so upper one day, lower the next add on some cardio after. I have used Joyce alot over the years (lost a pant size in 3.5 weeks). Which of her workouts do you own? Terrie
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 01:35 PM  
Sissy B

Terrie - Which Joyce's workouts were you using to get such great lower body results? I get almost instantaneous results in my upper body from her workouts, but I have never felt that her lower body workouts did much for me (and that is my problem area).

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 01:55 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I was using bottom up gold plus - probably 2-3 x week, it was my first foray into traditional strenght training. I also use the upper body workout a couple of times a week. Her longer workouts I think are effective for LB, but her short ones not so much.
Old 08-09-11, 02:13 PM  
Sissy B

Thanks Terrie! While I have several of Joyce's workouts, I didn't have that one. But a trip to walmart.com just remedied that.

Shelly - Which workouts do you have? Joyce posts rotations on her website that use all of her DVDs (usually 2 or 3 DVDs per week), but you could just pick out the weeks that include what you have or make substitutions. Joyce thinks everyone should order all of her workouts but that's not really necessary.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 07:51 AM  
shelly234

Hi Ladies-Thanks for your responses. I actually have several of Joyces DVD's. They are as follows:
Weight Training Made Easier
Fat Burning I and II
Interval Aerobics
Definition
Just Joyce DVDs (both)
Bottoms Up Gold
Fast Forward
On the ball
Quick Quartet
Slow Duet
Cougar
Bathing Suit Workout
Nonstop
Just Abs

I stopped working out for a year and just started up again in May on a regular basis. Despite all of these DVD's (and others) I have never stuck to any sort of rotation. It is my goal to commit to a Joyce rotation and see what I can accomplish through exercise alone. I gained alot of weight during the time off-part of the issue was medical problems where I couldn't workout etc. At this point in time I can't handle jumping around so I like the idea of Joyce's workouts and maybe some bike rides or swimming added in. I looking to see some chances in my body and hopefully start feeling better about myself. I gained alot of weight during my hiatus from exercise. Thanks for your help.
shelly234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-11, 01:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

well no reply yet! I think you can pretty much rotate these however you want, I would go upper one day lower the next. One way would be to do one workout each week then switch - so do WTME (I think it is a 2 day split and one of her "easier" ones since you are rebuilding) a total of 3 times add on cardio if you have time (could be interval aerobics not doesn''t have to be). so that would be six day (2 day split) then take rest day. then maybe BU gold or FF (these aren't too fast b/c Martha counts). I don't' have Slow duet but I think non stop and cougar are harder because no resting but I like them.
Old 08-12-11, 07:00 PM  
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly234 View Post
Hi Ladies-Thanks for your responses. I actually have several of Joyces DVD's. They are as follows:
Weight Training Made Easier
Fat Burning I and II
Interval Aerobics
Definition
Just Joyce DVDs (both)
Bottoms Up Gold
Fast Forward
On the ball
Quick Quartet
Slow Duet
Cougar
Bathing Suit Workout
Nonstop
Just Abs

I stopped working out for a year and just started up again in May on a regular basis. Despite all of these DVD's (and others) I have never stuck to any sort of rotation. It is my goal to commit to a Joyce rotation and see what I can accomplish through exercise alone. I gained alot of weight during the time off-part of the issue was medical problems where I couldn't workout etc. At this point in time I can't handle jumping around so I like the idea of Joyce's workouts and maybe some bike rides or swimming added in. I looking to see some chances in my body and hopefully start feeling better about myself. I gained alot of weight during my hiatus from exercise. Thanks for your help.
You have a great library of Joyce workouts! I would email Joyce because she is so great with helping with rotations and also encourages you personally along your way. Keep her posted, she loves to hear from us who use her workouts. The only workout that is a little hard to rotate would be Fast Forward because it can be broken up into 3 days when you are short on time. cycle 1 works back,chest,abs...cycle 2 works shoulders, hips,calves and cycle 3 workouts biceps,triceps,thighs & abs. Fast Forward is a great one to start using because its nonexhausting but still uses pyramid system and giant set(doing 3 exercises).
I think if you just start doing each dvd, make sure you don't work the same muscle twice except for lower body. Joyce told me that you can work your lower body everyday but with different exercises. Like say if you did Fast Forward cycle 3 which includes legs, you could do Bathingsuit workout the next day.

I'm doing a Joyce Vedral rotation using Fast Forward, Bottoms Up Gold Plus, Just Joyce(Just Abs,Just Arms,Just Butt,Just Thighs), Quick Quartet, Weight Training made easier(I have to go lighter with this workout because she goes fast but the floorwork for day 1 and 2 is great because it rotates abs with hip/butt). This is my rotation

Day 1 Fast Forward cycle 1 & 2(includes abs)
Day 2 Fast Forward Cycle 3 plus extra abs
Day 3 Just Thighs,Just Butt, Just abs
Day 4 Just Arms Just Bra Roll Just Abs
Day 5 Bottoms Up Gold Lower body(I don't do back or calves since I worked back in Just Bra roll yesterday) & Just Abs
Day 6 Bottoms Up Gold Upper body plus abs
Day 7 rest

Day 1 Quick Quartet day 1(chest,shoulders,triceps,back)& Weight training made easier day 1 floorwork(abs/hip/butt)
Day 2 Quick Quartet day 2(biceps,lower body and abs) & Weight training made easier day 2 floorwork(abs/hip/butt)
Day 3 Fast Forward Cycle 1 and 2(back,chest,abs& shoulders,hips,calves)
Day 4 Fast Forward Cycel 3 (biceps&triceps and legs plus extra abs)
Day 5 Just Thighs Just Butt Just Abs
Day 6 Just Arms Just Bra Roll Just ABs

Sometimes I will do 1 week of say Fast Forward then next week I do all
Bottoms up gold plus alternating day 1 and day 2.

Its easier to rotate Bottoms Up Gold plus with Weight training made easier since its the same split where the day 1 you work upper body and day 2 is lower body and back.

I'm hoping to get Cougar workout for my birthday. Joyce recommends that one for me.

Joyce will also help you with a rotation.

Keep consistant and take your before and after picture. Its nice to see changes in the body with a photo.
Old 08-12-11, 07:14 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Mandy, as always you give the best Joyce advice ever!

Tags
fast forward, joyce vedral, joyce vedral rotations