Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-11, 08:10 PM  
MJ525

Total Body No Weights

Can someone suggest a total body workout that uses no weights, but also isn't filled with squats and lunges.

I'm looking for a travel workout. I tried KCM Body Training and Cathe's Travel Fit, I did not care for either one.
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 08:46 PM  
aunatural

I's not sure there is a total body workout that doesn't have a good amount of squats and lunges. I know that the P90 Masters UML workout is all body weight but I'm sure there's a fair number of squats in it. I haven't done it in years so I can't recall exactly. Here's my breakdown for Belly Off Body Weight Routine. I didn't find it filled with squats and lunges but that's relative.

Warm-up: almost 7 minutes of basic exercises including arm circles, knee lifts, squats and some stretches.

2 Minute Drill: 8 exercises done for 15 seconds each.
Jumping Jacks
Skips
High Knee Run
Fast Ski Jumps
Push-ups
Crunches (I thought this was weird placement considering the other exercises in the segment)
Mountain Climbers
Squat Thrust

Circuits: 3 exercises ranging from 5 to 20 reps depending on the exercise. Each circuit is performed twice.

Circuit 1
Shoulder Press Push-up
Split Squats
Plank w/ Leg Raise

Circuit 2
T Push-up
Lateral Lunge
Single Leg Romanian Dead Lift

Body Weight 100: 2 sets of this group of exercises for a total of 100 reps

Prisoner Squat (arms behind the head)
Wide Push-up
Jumps
Back Bridge
Forward Lunge
Close Grip Push-up

Power of 10: 10 exercises performed for 30 seconds each.

High Knee Runs
Lunge Knee Drives
Split hold lunge (left leg)
Windshield wipers- lay flat on back, knees in the air and rolling legs from side to side
Split hold lunge (right leg)
Mountain climbers
Glute hamstring bridge
Line run
Piston crunches
Push-ups

Cool down: about 10 minutes

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 09:23 PM  
txfitmom

How about a workout that uses a band instead of weights? Out of all of my workouts, most of them either use weights or have a fair amount of squats/lunges.

I would suggest 10 Minute Solution Sculpt, Tone, and Reshape with Amy Bento. It uses a small figure 8 band that comes with the kit and has innovative moves so it is not all squats.

A couple of other possibilities that I have not tried yet but look good:
-10 Minute Solution Tone Trouble Zones with Amy Bento (also uses a band)
-10 Minute Solution Belly, Butt, and Thigh Blasters with Jessica Smith (uses a sculpting loop)
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 09:40 PM  
icebergslim

Barry Bootcamp original release had a full body weight workout and it is tough. I don't know if you can get it individually, maybe someone can chime in on that one.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 09:57 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Sculpt-iltes, pilates with a resistance band. A few lunges, no squats that I recall. A good workout for travel or anytime.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 04:17 AM  
MJ525

Those are all great suggestions, thank you.
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 07:54 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Two workouts that I use for travel that don't require weights are "Burn It Up" by Slim in 6 (resistance band needed), and Jillian's "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism".
Old 01-15-11, 08:41 AM  
pharma_gal

Stephanie's Powerfit series is very good for this. Powerfit Plus has a full-body workout which is quite thorough and you can use a heavy band and the cardio workout is pretty good too.

itrain has a few workouts like isculpt traditional with Mimi there are 2 workouts that are only body weight and I believe istrength at home 5 with Nick only uses bands.

R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 10:28 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
Barry Bootcamp original release had a full body weight workout and it is tough. I don't know if you can get it individually, maybe someone can chime in on that one.
Yes, you can get them individually on the Barry's Bootcamp website, and they are not pricey ($14.95), but I hear shipping is really quite expensive. I have seen it on the VF trade lists, so I'd look there first. It's part of the Barry's Bootcamp 5 Day Academy series . . I got my copy in a trade here on VF awhile back. I don't think you can get it anywhere else unless it's on ebay.
Old 01-15-11, 06:47 PM  
neatski

I LOVE Lalofit Vol. 2 (if you're less advanced, try Vol. 1 first) and it's my go-to travel workout. He uses 5 lb dumbbells for some of the exercises but I always do fine with just a resistance band.

I've also made up a bunch of my own bootcamp style, equipment-less (or using things you have lying around the house, like pillows) workouts. PM me if you want a few.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body weight workouts, bodyweight, bodyweight exercises, bodyweight workouts, paper workouts, total body toning, travel, travel workouts