Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-09, 01:33 PM  
blzgrl

Yoga, running, and lately push ups. They've made me so much stronger, which has increased my running endurance.
blzgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 01:48 PM  
pink_fortitude

Kettlebells combined with crossfit-style workouts have improved my strength and endurance like nothing ever has. It has also DRAMATICALLY strengthened my core and improved my overall strength. And my body didn't respond like Tish's either if that helps you. In fact, my body looks better than it ever has - I still need to work on my lower half, but that will always be a problem for me (thanks, Mom )
For my upper body, nothing has given me results like push ups and pull/chin ups. And kettlebells.
For lower body, buns of steel 3 is still my favorite. I don't need the VHS at all because I've known it by heart since I was 18.

Melissa
pink_fortitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 02:21 PM  
Kikiwah

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Well, I'm thinking you like Glutes and Thighs . I feel my resolve on this wearing down...

Alison: I.Freakin.love.it.!! I know I am beating a dead horse here, but nothing has changed my lower body like this video. I stare at my legs and booty now and ask them "Where did you come from? Who's body do you belong to? Do I have to return you?" You can't beat this kind of results with 20-30 mins a day.
Kikiwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 02:30 PM  
Yogadad

In spite of my criticisms about many aspects of it, P90X definitely completely changed my physique, BUT that is also because I was very diligent, and continue to be diligent, with my nutrition as well (and that is 80 percent of success with any fitness program, anyone who tells you otherwise is not being completely honest).

But, the workouts definitely enabled me to get to a place I'd not been in a really really long time!

Best,

Scott
Yogadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 02:36 PM  
Yogadad

Day 1 and Day 90 P90X pics

A Picture (or 2 in this case) is worth a thousand words, so I figured I'd post my P90X Results
Yogadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 02:43 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiwah View Post
alison: I.freakin.love.it.!! I know i am beating a dead horse here, but nothing has changed my lower body like this video. I stare at my legs and booty now and ask them "where did you come from? Who's body do you belong to? Do i have to return you?" You can't beat this kind of results with 20-30 mins a day.
timbeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 02:45 PM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky star View Post
some women, anyway. In terms of aesthetic results, not every woman is pleased with heavy weight training.
amen.
Old 11-17-09, 03:29 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

For me:

Cardio - Taebo
Butt - kettlebells
abs/core pilates & kettlebells
legs: heavy weight on the machines at the gym
arms: Cory's Get Hard: Arms and Shoulders - works every time.

I would love to be a runner. I even have a treadmill. I just can't feel the love, tho I try and try.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 03:34 PM  
Janga

Running, weights and yoga are the elements of creating the body I have.

"Who puts the food in my mouth? God? The devil? I do!" ~ Jack LaLanne

"If you're going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill
Janga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 03:37 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

I think everyone is different and what works for one may work differently for someone else.

Running however, always has taken the pounds off for me. Walking too, but it has to be long distances, and fast. No sauntering around. For example when I was in Paris I walked everywhere, literally 9 or 10 hours a day and lost weight despite eating my way through every bakery and chocolate shop in my path.

As far as changing my body - aside from when I first began working out 30 years ago, my body has changed pretty rapidly from doing barre workouts consistently for 3-4 months. Mind you I do these on top of cardio (swim/run), so yes, that is 3 workouts a day. But I've seen some changes, especially in the thigh, that surprised and pleased me.
barb

Tags
biggest change, pilates band, results, successful weight loss