Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-06, 12:58 PM  
booklvr

Joyce 21 Day Kicker Plan?

For those of you who get automatic email from Joyce Vedral-anyone ever try one of the plans she comes up with? I just got one called the 21 Day Kicker Plan.
THE 21 DAY DOWN 2-3 SIZE KICKER PLAN:
Day 1. Fat Burning Upper. Day 2. Fat burning Lower and middle. Day 3. Bone upper. Day 4. Bone lower and middle. Day 5. Non Stop Upper, Day 6. Non stop Lower and Middle. Day 7. Easy Does it Stretch.
Each day, the w/o time is 20 or 30 minutes. The stretch day is the "off" day. But it's still supposed to be effective because stretching elongates the muscles. I would need to get the Bone Density and Non Stop but I've got BB 8 minute stretch I could probably substitute.
What do ya think?
Thanks in advance,
Jaye
ps and OT-I love all the Pet Avatars!!!!
booklvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-06, 01:55 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

I'm not sure that you really need to run out and buy new videos for the rotation. You might see if there are any reviews for those workouts and then see what you already have at home that might approximate them.

I've never done one of Joyce's rotations--I know that others have, and they can post about results. I'm just never sure that she isn't just trying to make me buy more stuff .
Old 02-03-06, 09:55 PM  
Tish

I tried one of her rotations last spring. And I agree with Mollie, you don't necessarily need more workouts for results. The reason I say that is because all of Joyce's workouts have similar moves with small variations so they all gain the same results imho. I used to have 9 of her workouts and kept only my 4 favorites.

I did a plan that included Speedy non-Stop, Definition, Fast Forward. (I think I could have used any combination of her workouts) I rotated the 3 workouts for 10 weeks and noticed great results. I noticed changes in my abs within a week (loose skin tightening), next were arms, then back. My lower body was stubborn and actually increased at first. But I noticed a decrease in lower body inches in the last 2 weeks of the rotation.

If boredom wasn't a factor I think you could do the same workout and benefit from the consistency alone. You'll build muscle. But I what I learned is regular cardio is important for losing inches.

I hope this helps. I'm a big Joyce fan, but also a realist. I don't need to own everything she promotes because "this is THE plan." She has a different plan every week.
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-06, 11:00 AM  
Bebop

As another Joyce fan, I agree with the above.

All her rotations claim the exact same thing - go down three dresses. I think the last one advocates her emergency diet? If I went down three dress sizes, I'd dissapear.

Anyway - Fatburning is a great workout and so is Bone Building. If you have to choose between the non-stops - pick speedy non-stop. It is far superior. The first non-stop is good in theory but she moves way to fast, and the lower body is good but she misses a leg in one exercise.

You can substitute any stretch workout, and in fact, I recommend that when doing Joyce, you add on a stretch because she doesn't do them.

If you can follow rotations, doing her rotations would be a great way to mix and match her workouts. If you are like me, and have only made it through two weeks of a rotation, you can just mix and match any of her workouts and still get good results.

It's good to take advantage of her sales when she posts these rotations because her workouts are pricey.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fast forward, joyce vedral rotations