Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-20, 02:31 PM  
Mickey12

Horusosirus I'm confused about what workouts we've agreed to do too!! I think we're on our own for Fun Friday today, but the Patrick, Amy and Cathe workouts are planned for next week? I'm not really sure!

Kittybug I never purchased Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body because it looked too damn brutal! I have a lot of his other workouts though and they're all good, but not as hard as I image Ultimate Cardio Body to be.

Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation - NOT beginner. (now keep in mind my idea of hard is not your idea of hard as you're quite a bit fiercer than I am) This one is 48 minutes, fast paced, cardio effect with weights and body weight work. There is also a 10 minute ab routine.

Totally Ripped Core - 48 minutes, tough, some weight work at the beginning, short cardio bursts mixed in. There is a second 10 minute ab workout, all standing moves.

Gonna stop now due to the dreaded internal server error, will post another section.
Old 12-04-20, 02:36 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug ok, not that you asked, but I'm continuing to give you my impressions of all the Bob Harper workouts I have.

Inside Out Method Pure Burn/Super Strength - 1st workout is high reps, fast paced, hard, cardio effect. I didn't write down the length of this workout. 2nd workout is 19 minutes, beginner workout, single joint moves, 8 to 20 rep range.

Inside out Method Body Rev Cardio Conditioning - workout 1 is 61 minutes, mostly low impact, uses weights, some jumps and jumping jacks, lots of squats, tough. approx 40 minutes work, 8 minutes standing abs at the end. Workout 2 is 23 minutes, light weights with higher reps for moderate cardio effect.

More to follow...
Old 12-04-20, 02:43 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug last one, I promise.

Inside Out Method Bob's workout - no warmups. Workout 1 is 24 minutes, tough, low impact, uses weights. Workout 2 is 25 minutes, starts very hard and gets easier, cardio effect with weights.

Inside Out Method Yoga for the Warrior - Workout 1 is 58 minutes. I really like this, moderate intensity, athletic style, fairly traditional yoga routine. Music is more rock style rather than traditional new age yoga music. Workout 2 is 15 minutes and an abs workout, lots of crunches, bicycles, not really yoga ab work.

So, maybe that helps you decide what/which other Bob Harper workouts you might want to collect.
Old 12-04-20, 02:45 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

I kinda think we're on our own for today's Fun Friday although maybe some were doing Step Sync? I plan on doing BB2 next week whichever off day FN1 is doing it. I was gonna do Toby's Afterburn today but I have some unexpected errands to run so I'm not sure how much time I will have. ITA with horusosiris that LHB and ECB aren't "fun" so I'm not sure when/how I will fit them in with Mess 2.

Kim, thanks for your thoughts on your Bob Harper workouts! I have only one of his and I haven't done it yet. Can't remember which one it is but it has the word Extreme or Ultimate in it I think. That doesn't narrow it down AT ALL LOL.

Kate and horusosiris, I am ignoring your Les Mills enabling attempts.

Oh, I added some more pix to my cat album if anyone is interested. We all need to post some pictures in our albums of something---either animals, places or people we love, or just favorite pics!

More later, maybe!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 02:50 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict I love the pictures you posted! I picked out 4 different cats, am I right? I love the funky, swirly carpet in one of the pictures. Love the ones of sweet Watula. I miss her.
Old 12-04-20, 03:01 PM  
Mickey12

I forgot to post earlier that the only Patrick Goudeau workout I have is Kitchen Sink Conditioning which is weight work, I believe. I think I only did it once. His dance cardio workouts are too, well, dancy, for me. I won't be joining in the Patrick party.
Old 12-04-20, 04:08 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Cataddict I love the pictures you posted! I picked out 4 different cats, am I right? I love the funky, swirly carpet in one of the pictures. Love the ones of sweet Watula. I miss her.
Thanks, Kim! Yes the pics are of our current 3 plus sweet little dynamo Watula. She was also small in comparison to the big male hunks---she was roughly 8 pounds at her heaviest, but like Charli, was small but feisty. Miss her so! LOL on the comment about what we call the "ugly brown blanket." I used this blanket years ago to move some furniture from my childhood home and it was one that my aunt had given to my mom as if it was a beautiful gift! Obviously we didn't really agree as it subbed as a furniture pad in the early 80s for me. I was set to donate it when I arrived at my new home but the cats we had at the time were rolled up and gyrating in it and obviously loved it. So we kept it. And all of our subsequent cats have also adored it so we don't get rid of it since, after all, it's ALL about the cats.

bee, I did know that virtually all calicos are females (there are a few exceptions) but I had never heard that orange kitties are mostly male, but I know the orange Maine Coons that we have had were all males. We had an orange female (not a Maine Coon) when I was a child and when she had kittens 2 of them were orange females. There is such variety in cat colors and in a book I read it tried to explain how their coat colors and texture are determined and it was WAY too complicated and science-y that I don't think I got it. Cats can have multiple fathers, though, so I guess that in part explains the variety of looks due to all the genetic material that can be combined in one animal!

Now since I've decided to go for it and try Toby's Afterburn, Moby Dick will sign off for now!

Waves!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 12-05-20, 12:23 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

FN2, your cat pictures nearly made me cry!!! So beautiful and wonderful. I too miss Watula. She lives on with us. I also love the 'Big Pest' and 'Big Orange' labels, hah hah hah!! I too use 'Pest' as a nickname occasionally!

How was Afterburn? I really like that one and have to do it again soon.

I ended up doing Rhythmic Step yesterday on 8 inches to add some oomph and had SO much fun! I really needed that blast from the past.

Kim, thank you SO MUCH for your Bob Harper thoughts! The two I got from Mary were that Ultimate Cardio Body and one you mentioned, Inside Out/Rev Cardio Conditioning, and then I had a couple more you mentioned on my Amazon wish list but I hadn't even considered some of the others, so I'll have to hunt those down too. So many workouts, so little time!!

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday and did something fun! Today is Chore Max so no workout for me. Stay fierce, my friends!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 01:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did Toby's Afterburn. I really liked it and Toby! Where has he been all my life??? Now of course I want his earlier DVDs Chiseled and Max 30 and can't find them. ***sigh*** I do this to myself all the time! I didn't do as much modifying as I thought I might need to do. Toby's workouts are tough, but without a dread factor. I used my new cork mat for the cardio and I noticed a difference in how my feet felt with just that small amount of cushion! My floor is hardwood so it has a little but not a lot of give. I also did Step Sync to keep bee company! I hadn't done it in awhile and I really enjoyed it. Easy enough to grasp the moves (at least for me) but creative enough to keep me interested.

Haven't decided what to do today. Might choose a cardio Live that isn't too taxing as yesterday was a lot and I'm feeling pretty tired today!

Stay fierce, friends!

ETA: I put a few more pictures in my album to include the ferals outside and a possum who thinks he is a cat and eats with the ferals.

Old 12-05-20, 02:53 PM  
Mickey12

I posted this in the Fitchicks checkin, but wanted to post it here too. Today's workout was Ilaria Montagnani Powerstrike 4 (although it's not labeled that - see my Ilaria thread if you're interested ) I watched the documentary about her that was recently posted here and it made me want to do one of her workouts. I love the music in this, the fact that it's all low impact but it gets me sweating. It's a little repetitive but it's not annoying. I really like Ilaria, so serious but then she grins and I just love her.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I started wrapping some presents last night. We've scaled back this year on gift giving so I don't have many to wrap but I don't like to wait to the last minute.

So do you guys do a lot of baking for Christmas? I usually only make one or two kinds of cookies that my husband absolutely loves. We both LOVE sweets and if I bake them, they get eaten. So, I don't make too many.

CataddictI think I had one Toby Massenberg workout when there was a buzz about him a few years ago. I was curious. I don't recall which one it was but I found it treacherously hard and not fun. I posted it on share the wealth and it was taken within minutes. I'm glad it found a good home.

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in