Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-22-20, 04:03 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Cataddict, if Kittymax is Fiercely Nuts 1, then you're Fiercely Nuts 2! 30/30 followed by Christi's Still Steppin! Your new nickname should be Catsupreme or Catextreme! Either way, you gals are somethin' FIERCE!!
ITA with you!!! You are both so fierce!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 05:58 PM  
lavna

I had a longer post but I had the dreaded Internal error 500!
A least it's saved on my computer!
I'll try to post it later!
Nathalie
Old 11-22-20, 06:08 PM  
Mickey12

Horusosirus I started using the Classical Stretch workouts as nice stretches after my regular workouts last year and then I just got away from it. I agree with your suggestion though, it's a good way to use them since they're short.

I did another workout from my virgin pile tonight. Amy Bento All Cardio Hi/Lo Knockout. This one is fun but hard! I only did the first two combinations. It has some pretty tricky choreography in it and I made some of the moves low impact. Manley remember back in the summer I think it was when we were doing some Amy Bento workouts? I've had this one sitting in my pile untried until now. It's another fun one from her.

I've only got two days of work this week. WooHoo!!!!!
Old 11-22-20, 08:35 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday my Watulan friends!!

I was going to do Angie Gorr's workout again today but just couldn't bring myself to, so I did Cathe's PHA 3, the double-it premix, which basically runs through the entire workout two times and finishes with the extended stretch on the floor. I didn't quite realize it was an hour and 45 minutes long! That's okay...I think. I stayed mostly with the weights she was using throughout as now they seem rather light to me, hah! And I wanted something more metabolic, which this fit the bill.

Catextreme, I too LOVE your awakening helpers and I recognize alllll of that behavior!! Lux enjoys sitting on my freaking head when he deems it's time for breakfast, even though dad is the one who feeds him in the morning, not mom.

Manleym, geez, did you know I have not yet done ONE of those Paul workouts from 4 x 4??? It's staring at me on my shelf, along with many other virgins. I keep reading Kim's progress on her virgin pile and feeling more guilty with every one! But I suppose STS is also a virgin, so maybe I shouldn't feel too guilty right now!

Bee, your wine post made me think of the soap company Filthy Farmgirl, who have tons of silly pandemic-themed soaps this year! Their stuff is to die for...might need to order some more soon.

Manleym and Horusosiris, totally agree I'd rather have a subscription to Live rather than pay for downloads, even when I really love one of the Lives. It just seems like a better deal to me!

Oh no, Nathalie...not the dreaded server error message!! Hope it clears for you soon!

Waving to Fanofladyvols, KateTT, ChelePA, and anybody I missed!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 09:21 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Friday I did Legs For Days AKA Meso 1 Week 3 Legs. Good stuff! I figured out how to position myself properly for the Wall squats with the ball. I lowered the weights by a pound and also inflated my ball. It had been awhile and it was pretty squishy. I think it made the move more doable so yay! I followed it with the band extended stretch from Stretch Max. I liked the stretch a lot as well. Different moves than I remember her doing before. Yesterday I did Marcus Irwin's Step 4 x 4. Today I did the HiiT premix from Perfect30 that was the first half of the High Impact, the second half of the Low Impact, the Pyramid HiiT and extended stretch. I liked this! It clocked in at roughly 50 minutes. It made the burpees/squat thrusts a bit more tolerable.

Fiercely Nuts 1, I could also call STS Sleepy, Thirsty, and Sore. I will be so happy when Pushupalooza is done tomorrow! I don't know when I'll be doing Pyramid HiiT, probably Tuesday.

Kim, good job on the virgin progress! I also have a few Margaret Richards workouts that I bought when there was a closeout sale on her DVDs due to FOMO. I've only done one of them. I like Amy's hi lo cardio. I think it's tough but easier to grasp the choreography than her step. Part of that may be that it would be super easy to fall off the step when trying to watch Amy do the moves.

Nathalie and manley, I'm not in the same league as Fiercely Nuts 1 AKA Kittymax but I sure appreciate the comment! All those in this thread are fierce in their right!

horusosiris, I'm pretty much convinced I will subscribe to Cathe Live rather than buy any more downloads now. It does make sense financially since there are so many to choose from and it would pay for itself pretty quickly! I'm hoping my internet will be reliable enough to handle it. I need to revisit the 4 x 4 set too, once I've finished STS!

manley, I've done the Katami foam roller workout. It's tough but I know it's good for me. Another one I need to revisit! Thanks for the info on Toby. I haven't done Lean Hot Body or Extreme Calorie Burn in awhile. They are hard and heaven knows STS is hard enough without trying to fit those in! I have Turn Up, Slim Down. It's not as tough as LHB or ECB, and does offer a lot of options. IIRC you can pick the segments you want to do so the flexibility of choices is great. I pretty much like all things Patrick, so I like this one too.

bee, I like the name Quarantine Dreams! Reds do tend to flush my face and sometimes give me a headache---and that's after only one glass---so we do prefer whites mostly. Let us know how CCC goes! We know you can do it! Nothing is too scary for the Fierce Watulans! That goes for you too, FOLV!

Chele, Hope all is okay!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 07:26 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post

Oh no, Nathalie...not the dreaded server error message!! Hope it clears for you soon!
It's when I try to paste something from word or if I take too long to type.

I tried to type all over again directly but still got the error message again.

Maybe it will work later!
Nathalie
Old 11-23-20, 10:43 AM  
manleym

Kim yes, I do remember in the summer us doing Amy's workouts! I don't have All Cardio Hi/Lo Knockout but am glad to hear it's fun! I really like her Cardio Pump workouts - both the step and the hi/low. And the abs and stretch. I've used one of the stretch segments as an add on to another workout and it was great. I'm glad you have some time off this week! This is our fall break so I'm off all week! YAY! I'm trying to decide if I go ahead and subscribe to Cathe Live and start playing with it, or learn some new-to-me workouts like Christi's Still Steppin', Hi/Lo Heaven, etc.

Cataddict thanks for the feedback on Patrick's Turn Up, Slim Down. It's in my cart waiting for Mary's sale. There's just so many of his I want! Like you, I haven't met a Patrick workout I didn't like. I think I may have done the same Perfect 30 HiiT premix as you. Or I did something similar and it did make the burpees more tolerable. I liked doing the high impact, then low impact, then bonus HiiT. And 50 minutes is a good amount of time.

bee, Quarantine Dreams! Love it! I sometimes get stuffy after drinking a glass of wine and have noticed my face flushing more frequently, so I may be reaching an age and stage where reds don't agree with me as much as they used to. But I love the flavor so I'm going to drink them as long as I can. I think it depends on the wine, but I haven't paid enough attention to my reactions to connect them with a specific type. And I need to check out the Vytas DYP workout you did recently. I don't think I've done that one yet. Yesterday I did Align 1 from FYP and it was good. Not intense but it really focused on, well, alignment.

So it sounds like we may need to revisit Paul's 4x4 system at some point since so many of us have it but haven't done it in awhile. I did all of the workouts in June when I got the set and have only done 2 since because I've been doing others. Maybe something to consider?

I'm planning on doing Cathe's Double Wave Pyramid tomorrow if anyone wants to join me.

Horusosiris have you finished your semester? I know some colleges around here have decided to end their semester and start back up in January. Hope you get a little bit of a break. We know how much you've been working lately.

Waves to FOLV, Chele, KateTT, Nathalie!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 06:20 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!

Let's get right to the important stuff.... wine! I'm not sure why the reds disagree with me these days, because not all of them do. I've heard it can be the tannins but I've also heard it has to do with non-organic ingredients being used. I've not done enough research (er, drinking) to figure it out!

Ok, I just checked out that Filthy Farmgirl website. I was really afraid to google that phrase! But it worked out fine. Wow they have some funny stuff there! Trying to figure out if I could give to my sister and niece or if they would just think I was strange. We don't even usually exchange but if any year calls for presents, this is the year!! I've got some fun ideas for a couple of remote people in my life, but sometimes the closer we are, the harder it is to think of things (for some goofy reason). So you like their soaps, kittybug? What about the lip balms?

Yesterday I did the DYP Intermediate Balance Flow. I really liked that one, too. This morning I did the "gathering" workout. That is, I was gathering my Thanksgiving groceries from multiple stores. I'm hoping to at least go for a walk at some point but the day is starting to get away from me. I ordered some ready meals and I'm going to make the sides but get this..... my kids wanted ham instead of turkey. My husband was ok with that but at last minute he said to get a turkey breast. Well when I got home with everything today it turns out they gave me a whole turkey!! Crazy. We have already figured out how to give it to someone who needs it more than we do. We'll cook a chicken I have in the freezer.

Sounds like some are doing DWP tomorrow, but some Wednesday? I don't care which day, but I just like the sound of "waving on Wednesday".

Ok, off to be busy or walk...... waves to all!!
Old 11-23-20, 07:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Monday, Watulans!!

I once again changed my avatar...that's Merlin, the Maine Coon. I'll have my whole fur family parading on here before this is all over, hah!

Today was the last Meso 1 legs workout, week 4, and holy moly was I feeling it after my PHA 3 extreme party yesterday! At the end, Cathe reminds us that next week is a recovery week and I nearly shouted at the screen, YES YES YES!!! I'm ready for a lighter week, can you all tell?

Bee, FF's soaps are TO DIE FOR! I do like their lip balms too. Their customer service is really top-notch too. I don't think you'll be disappointed! I heard a lot of their distributors (farmer's markets, etc.) had gone under during the lock-downs which made me sad so I wanted to support them in my own little way. Oh, and we had bought a turkey then also got a free one just for buying other groceries. It's in the freezer while the other one thaws. Too funny!

Manleym, I'm going to TRY for DWP tomorrow but it might have to wait until Thursday. And I love the idea of us all doing Katami...I just want to wait until STS is over with so it'll be a while for me. If you go ahead, I want full reports!!

Catextreme/Fiercely Nuts 2, I'm so happy to report that I breezed through the wall squats with ball and weights today more than any other week prior! What you said on the squishy ball makes total sense. I should pay more attention to mine!

Kim, you and Manleym and your light work weeks this week! That's awesome!

Nathalie, has the error cleared for you yet? So frustrating!!

Stay fierce, my fine friends!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:29 PM  
Mickey12

Oh Kittybug, Merlin is such a beauty! He’s so striking! Wow, just gorgeous. Does his fur require a lot of maintenance? Does he get more hair balls than your other cats? I’ve never had a long haired cat.

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in