Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-13, 07:26 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I do Speedy, Non-Stop! several times a month. I really love the workout...especially the upper body portion. But I probably do the 10 minute bonus (Stomach Zapping Abs) even more often.

Joyce has a sale on her website this week. I think it ends Sunday (10/27/13). Anyway, every DVD is only $8.98 right now. Here's the link: joycevedral.com
Thanks!!

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-13, 09:17 AM  
Bebop

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
I second that. For me, Joyce's upper body workouts are better than Cathe's, and you don't need a gym's worth of equipment, either.

In fact, even though I do almost no other workouts besides yoga these days, you all have made me think about getting Speedy Nonstop. I'm totally into short and effective weight workouts.
I use Speedy Nonstop quite a bit when I need to get it all done quickly.

As far as Joyce vs. Cathe - I think they are both good. The pyramid system does work more efficiently but the body adapts to methods of training.
I do agree with you that it's nice to not need all kind sof gym equipment.

I alternate between Joyce and Cathe. Right now I'm giving Cathe a rest since I used her all summer in a tank top rotation. I'm using the Firm and Joyce. I will still use Cathe cardio and abs.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-13, 09:44 AM  
aunatural

Question for those who have the weight training series or the Just series (bra roll/boobs specifically) - are there seemingly endless chest flies and chest presses like in FF Cycle 1? That is the reason I dread that segment of Fast Forward. It just feels really repetitive to me. Is there variety in the upper body segments of those two series?

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-13, 09:54 AM  
Bebop

Not as many chest flys in the Just Joyce Series. I modify the FF series and don't do every exercise either.
My trouble spot is triciep so I'll do all the tricep work. On the other hand, I don't need a lot of chest work so I'll rest during one of the chest exercises.

FF is a great workout that I grew to love. I like exercising in rounds because I can lift heavier since each body part gets a rest while the other works.
I do find that Joyce moves quickly in FF but I have learned that there are no workout police. I go at my own pace.

Cathe has rounds in Xtrain. It's fun to mix and match Joyce with Cathe.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 05:17 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hi everyone - well I'm grounded from cardio for a few (more) weeks so TA without cardio was not working. thanks to this thread I decided to pull out my JVs and see how it goes. FF cycles 1 & 2 today! I did skip the last set of cycle 1...
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 10:20 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'll agree with others here and say that if I had to pick an all-around favorite it'd be Speedy Nonstop.
Awesome breakdowns, txfitmom!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fast forward, joyce vedral, joyce vedral breakdowns, joyce vedral favorites