Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-13, 07:06 PM  
holliholli915

TA Meta Hipcentric Opinions Please

I just started TA Meta Hip T2 Day 51-60 and was really confused because it seemed easy compared to T2 Day 41-50. Does anyone else have this same opinion? I'm kind of worried I'm doing something wrong. But, I'm listening to the "form cues" and feel like it's accurate. Do we know how the TA Meta set progresses? Maybe I'm thinking it's supposed to get harder and she has a different philosophy. Really curious to hear thoughts on this.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 09:03 AM  
Honeydew

What is T2? I do know that TA will hit you with a hard level and then there might be an easier level after that so I don't think you are doing anything wrong.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 09:41 AM  
cpcathy

I was going to ask what T2 was as well? All I know is, I'm on Day 11 (level 2, I guess, it's referred to) and it's easier to me than level one.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 10:44 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Yes, some are easier than others, and I don't think she planned to make them progressively harder. Of course, the ones that are easier are my personal faves and I'm always sad to see them go.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 11:13 AM  
~ Beth ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
What is T2? I do know that TA will hit you with a hard level and then there might be an easier level after that so I don't think you are doing anything wrong.
I think she's saying T2 because it's the second "Transformation" disc (the second month or 30-day disc).

To the OP: I used to have Meta Hip but recently sold it so can't answer your exact question. But, in general, I do remember some levels being easier than others. I think it's an individual thing. There are some moves that are more challenging for some people than others. But I don't remember there necessarily being a linear progression of difficulty, which I think is really the question you're asking.

~ Beth ~
~ Beth ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 01:13 PM  
chrisqan

I've been doing Meta/ Continuity for over 2 years and yes the general trend is it does get harder set to set. Year 2 is definitely harder than year 1, but within a set it varies. Some higher levels are easier than lower ones. For example, I remember set 2.3, level 9 is easier than 8. I remember TA has said in the past that she designs the levels like a farmer rotates crops- on one level she might work your abs and in the next move on to another part (this is true for all the centrics) and she never wants you to be too fatigued in any one area. That is also the reason why she never wants you to combine centrics- do more than one back to back.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 09:46 PM  
holliholli915

Thank you for the feedback! Sounds like it doesn't necessarily get progressively harder which makes me feel better. Honestly, I'm happy this section is easier since the last two were tough. But, sometimes, I'm not 100% sure that I'm moving correctly since I can't really see what she's doing depending upon the angle. So, I was beginning to worry I was doing something wrong. I guess I'll just go with my general philosopy -- as long as I feel something, I assume I'm doing something right! Thanks, again!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ta meta, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson method