Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-16, 05:39 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Heat waves make me sick. As much as I hate cold weather, I think heat waves deserve a special place in hell.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 06:56 PM  
JezthePuff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I like what you said about San Diego. I've been there quite a few times and always wondered if people who live there get bored with the same perfect weather all the time, lol! I also like having 4 distinct seasons, although I could do without winter.

The weather where I live is great today. 80 degrees with an actual breeze! I have all the windows open. Gotta take advantage of an open window day while you can!
I was just in San Diego recently for work, and I also got to have a quick visit with my sister who lives there. She actually said the same thing...she gets very tired because she feels obligated to be outside. She loves it when they have a cloudy or rainy day! For those who live there, no offense to your beautiful city. I definitely enjoyed my visit. But I'm one of the few people who would take Northeast Ohio (Cleveland) for the cost of living, and believe it or not, the climate!

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-16, 09:54 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
As I get older I love summer, but hate high heat! We went to Florida for vacation last January and specifically chose the northern section because the highest expected temp was low 70s. I don't need a vacation at 85. High 60s was heaven compared to below 0 in Minnesota anyway.

Hubby and I are talking about buying a winter place, but all we need is 60s all winter. People think we're nuts. Again, something like that is perfect versus being in Minnesota all winter. We just want to be able to go for walks outside (not at the mall) and sit on the deck.
This sounds like my parents and their winter break. They head down to Orange Beach, Alabama from January through March. Not too hot, but able to comfortably enjoy walks on the beach and hang out on the deck.
Old 06-14-16, 09:24 AM  
Indy

I love the summer. Absolutely adore it - I don't mind the heat or humidity and I love being outside. I love all the seasons though - and I like them to be well represented. In Winter I want snow, I want ice, I want frigid temps. In Spring - I want plants to flower, start to sprout, for it all to turn green. In fall, I want the leaves to turn, for it to become colder. For Summer - bring on the heat and humidity!!!

The only thing I really don't like is rain.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-16, 09:30 AM  
carres1973

I'm with you, Indy! I live in NE Ohio and LIVE for the summer!! On the flip side, I could actually do without the winter. Don't care for it one single bit!!

When it finally got warm up here several weeks ago, I actually took my workouts outside on my iPad. It was FABULOUS to be doing 22MHC while feeling the sun on my face!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-16, 09:34 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Well, of course we love the summer, it's just the extreme heat and humidity a lot of us can't take!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-16, 09:40 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I wish it was 98 degrees year round. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE summer. Bring it on!
Old 06-14-16, 10:02 AM  
Aunt Famous

Lifelong South Georgian, lifelong summer lover.

Don't even get me started on the cold.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-16, 10:08 AM  
PhyllisG

Upstate NY and summer is my most favorite time. Love the sunshine, the longer warm days.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-16, 10:34 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am with you! My favorite seasons are spring and fall. I hate extreme heat and cold. I would love to live somewhere that it is about 70-75 degrees with no humidity year round. Some days with temps in the 60's would be fine.
Sherry, you took the words right out of my mouth!
When we're still stationed overseas (Portugal and later Italy), I didn't mind the heat that much (even though it got easily up to the 90's-100's) because it was a dry heat! The humidity is what I find most unbearable!

Right now we're having amazing weather, in the mid 70's with a nice breeze going, I wish it would stay that way!!! (Knowing what's about to come in July and especially Aug., I better enjoy every moment of it!..)

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote