Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-10-20, 03:15 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Favorite board games...can't find the thread-Found it!

Didn't there used to be a thread within the past few years where people shared their favorite board games for families and adults? I've tried looking at my favorited threads, tag search, google search, etc. and can't find it. I know the classics like Monopoly, Clue, etc. but people had some really good "newer" options. I think some mentioned were Cards Against Humanity, Pandemic, etc.

Not sure if the thread eventually was deleted because it was off-topic or where it is. If you find the thread, please let me know. Or share your favorite board games in this thread. We have 3 players, all adults, not interested in anything that takes hours to play or games that are super-complex. Some strategy is good though. Thoughts?

Found the old thread: http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=224643
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 03:28 PM  
sherry7899

I remember that thread! There were a ton of games I never heard of. Hopefully people will post them again here.

There is a game called "Pandemic?!"

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 03:37 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

I know, right? Maybe came out before the real life pandemic? It has a ton of spin-offs so is apparently popular.

Someone bought my mom and I the game 7 Wonders - Duel but we haven't played it yet and apparently it's designed ONLY for 2 players and is a spin-off of the original 7 wonders game but not sure if the original that accommodates more players is worth buying too for when a relative visits us (esp. since we haven't even tried the two-player duel version yet).
Old 11-10-20, 03:45 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Our favorite is Rummoli. You need a lot of pennies or bingo chips, we start with 100 each.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 03:52 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I know, right? Maybe came out before the real life pandemic? It has a ton of spin-offs so is apparently popular.
My adult sons and their girlfriends played this constantly last Christmas when they were home (someone brought it home with them). It's weird to think of it now.

Favorite board games - codenames, sequence, mexican train dominoes, scattergories (not all technically board games)...

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 05:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

while working from home, i have become a TV watcher. whereas before, i'd only use the TV like an appliance - to do my workouts.

i've become a fan of the gameshow America Says - does anyone know if there's a smartphone app with this game or a game with the same concept under a different name? i tried searching online but couldn't find one.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 06:10 PM  
Gams

Jeannine, have you checked out the board game Name 5? Not exactly like America Says, but similar and I think it looks like fun.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 07:13 PM  
anetta

Yahtzee and Pit.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 10:22 PM  
wendug

Every year at the holidays my dh's family plays Aggravation. They have one of the deluxe boards like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/Solid-Doubl...5064602&sr=8-5

I have lots of fond memories playing this game!
Old 11-10-20, 11:42 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Lightbulb Think I found it

Think I found it!!!! (I had to use duckduckgo instead of google as my search engine.)

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=224643

(I saved all the pages in case it gets deleted someday. Also tagged it.)

Thanks everyone also who has given their input in this current thread and the more input the better.

The old thread reminded me that pre-pandemic I played Sushi Go one afternoon with 1 senior, 2 adults, and a 9-year-old. I was THE WORST. My mom, the bridge player, was decent. One of the adults (who's pretty much a genius) was excellent, his 9-year-old son was good, wife was ok, and then there was me....the worst in every round. It was kind of embarrassing though I suppose I had fun. I never seemed to get any better at it though so it was frustrating--like playing monopoly with my sister (who was ruthless at monopoly from a very young age).

Tags
board games, games, off topic, off-topic