Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Shelter at Home: Are you working out more? Or, less?
I am working out more. 39 39.00%
I am working out less. 15 15.00%
My workouts are about the same. 43 43.00%
"Workout?" What's a workout? 3 3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-20, 12:55 PM  
laurajhawk

Slilghtly less, for no great reason ... I've always worked out at home in the morning before work, and I'm still doing that. I can work out a little longer since I am working from home. But I used to go to yoga class either at work (lunchtime) or after work (studio) 2-4 days/week, and I haven't managed to do that at home. I do livestream yoga classes as my morning workout on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and on the other days I usually manage a short yoga video, but my total workout time is actually less.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 01:37 PM  
prettyinpink

Less. I am usually six days a week, but recently it’s been just four, and I am doing a little less. I have to almost force myself to do weights and once I start it is hard to talk myself into pushing it. I have maintained some low impact cardio but nothing “hard”, and my step counts are down, too.

I figure it is temporary as long as I keep up with something, but I DO probably need to change my activity level immediately and get more walks and movement in.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 05:55 PM  
katmom

Working out more! I work IT support for a hospital so I am still working but remotely instead of onsite. With elimination pre-work personal maintenance (makeup, dressing for work, etc) and commute, I have more time to workout in the morning as well as I have been walking after work.
Old 04-14-20, 07:40 PM  
geojill

I probably shouldn’t have voted as I still go into work every day, so my workouts are pretty much the same...sporadic. However, the TYPE of workouts has definitely changed. I am doing more nurturing workouts to help manage stress...yoga, Classical Stretch (stress relieving workouts), and Virtual Active jogs on my rebounder instead of the more intense Bounce Society streaming I had been doing. All of the more vigorous workouts have gone out the window.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19