Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Shelter at Home: Are you working out more? Or, less?
I am working out more. 39 39.00%
I am working out less. 15 15.00%
My workouts are about the same. 43 43.00%
"Workout?" What's a workout? 3 3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-20, 06:06 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

More, having a blast with my dvds and having severe FOMO because I don’t have some of my VHS on dvd such as the satanic sisters and the FIRM tortoise and hare
Old 04-13-20, 06:09 PM  
violingal3

Workout, what workout? LOL

DH is working from home and I'm six months pregnant chasing a toddler around. I thought it would be a nice break for me with DH around, but he's stuck behind a computer conference calling all day and I have no time for myself anymore. I really miss those grandma visits to give me a little break!

My walks were my lifesaver, but we stopped walking around the neighborhood because it seems more like a block party outside these days. I try to fit in some prenatal barre in the evenings if I have any energy left few times a week, but that's about it.

Sorry for my rant, I wish I had more time for myself to hop on the treadmill or do some other light workouts to feel normal again!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 06:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Okay, so I can't vote on the poll, but I would say I've been working out about the same. I am, however, doing a different collection of workouts so that's different.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 06:20 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I can't vote, either. I'm working out more. I'm retired, so life isn't a whole lot different, but I'm easily distracted. I'm using this time to re-establish routine and priorities and if I really don't want to continue my chosen workout, I make sure I find another one, reminding myself that "I have nothing else to do".

I'm trying to take afternoon walks as well, weather permitting. My neighbors are good about social distancing and we often manage hellos and friendly conversations from the other side of the street.
Old 04-14-20, 05:35 AM  
Carol K

I worked from home 3 days a week before the shutdown and now work from home 5 days a week. My workouts are the same.
Old 04-14-20, 09:47 AM  
lavna

I'm exercising more.
I've been trying a lot of the Live workouts that Cathe's club has on Facebook : since they're Live, you have to do them when they are on (sometime twice a day!) No postponing!
I also try to walk outside a little more. Since I'm not commuting and working from home at the moment, I have a little more time to do it.
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 09:53 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

More. While my job is entirely remote so I'm not working less, I'm not traveling as much so easier to get into a regular routine.
Old 04-14-20, 11:06 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Tough to answer.

Pre-Covid-19 I was going to the gym 3 times a week to strength train and the rest of the time I did yoga at home and went on walks outside. I simply do not have the equipment here that I had at the gym. I have zero desire to buy more equipment, so I will just do what I can with what I have, and get back into it at whatever time it's safe for the gym to re-open

I still work out several times a week, but now it is mostly yoga and weight training with the dumbbells I already have, the heaviest of which is 20 lbs. Plus walking outside as weather permits.

So basically, I'm working out the same number of days but with far less intensity, strength-wise.

I especially miss the machines I used for squats and the hip adductor/abductor machine and the assisted pull-up machine.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 12:46 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm working out less. I don't know if it's the heavy weight of all things virus weighing on me, but I can't seem to pull my bootstraps up - much. I'm still doing yoga and the kind of workouts I can do without shoes. And walking. But I need to challenge myself before my muscles turn to oatmeal and I just feel too fatigued and down in the dumps to do a hardcore home workout. (Not like I don't have any.)

My Planet Fitness is closed and that's the place I go when I need a good, hard workout free from distractions.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 12:51 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Okay, so I can't vote on the poll, but I would say I've been working out about the same. I am, however, doing a different collection of workouts so that's different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I can't vote, either. ...
I have no clue as to why some folks can't vote. Sigh...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19