Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-18, 11:49 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Totally agree about the slow and controlled tougher work, combined with quick/quick lighter work. I think that's why I am so drawn to her workouts, as I get so wiped out from drill-based cardio workouts. Quick/quick/slow gives me time to breathe and regroup.

I did Grand Total again today -- that one is quickly becoming my new go-to favorite cardio workout. 375 calories for me in 45 mins, with an extended stretch at the end, just fantastic!
I’ve been following this thread. I haven’t done any of Tracie’s workouts since her Firm days. After that I moved on to Cathe. But I recently discovered Jessica Smith and love her workouts which made me open my mind to other instructors and types of workouts. At 54 years old I still want challenging but prefer slow and controlled.

I put the workouts in my cart and the 25% off code still works. I’m very tempted.

Lori—your 45 min. 375 calorie burn is awesome.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 02:56 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I’ve been following this thread. I haven’t done any of Tracie’s workouts since her Firm days. After that I moved on to Cathe. But I recently discovered Jessica Smith and love her workouts which made me open my mind to other instructors and types of workouts. At 54 years old I still want challenging but prefer slow and controlled.

I put the workouts in my cart and the 25% off code still works. I’m very tempted.

I used to be all Cathe too (since 1993!), and I still do her weight workouts more now than her cardio, which just bores me and exhausts me too much.

I also dabbled in Jessica Smith's workouts, but I quickly lost interest and found I was gaining weight a lot more easily without the heavier weights and adequate amount of intensity.

Tracie's workouts are a good mix for me (mid-40s) and her workouts have been my predominant workouts for the last four years, with some others mixed in (KCM, Horizontal Conditioning, some Cathe, all the Firms). I have zero dread with her workouts, and I always feel like I get a really complete workout without killing myself. I also workout in the morning before work, so for me, I need workouts that aren't too long or too challenging for that time of the morning.

If they're in your cart, and you have the coupon code, treat yo self! You won't regret it!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 03:15 PM  
momofcha

Lori - I apologize if this has been asked - but how do you rotate them all? There is so much overlap (to me anyway) on interval, strength and cardio. I don't want to do too much?

thanks!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 03:36 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Yep, usually the first workout is more strength based and the second workout is more cardio (and the new one follows this too).

I don't have much input on rotations (since I've never actually made one or stayed on one or completed one ) but I just vary btwn strength and cardio and most of the time just do one that's at the bottom of the pile or what I have time for (or if I have to shower or not before work).

I emailed with Tracie yesterday and she said the replacement core dvds will likely be next week...
I found what I was looking for

Old 02-09-18, 04:09 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I found what I was looking for
Nope, no rotation for me unfortunately. My schedule is so crazy that I rarely know ahead of time how much time I'll have (kids and work full-time).

I always say that someday I'll get it together, but that likely won't be until they're all graduated...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 04:54 PM  
momofcha

Quote:

Tracie - I love your avatar.

Old 02-10-18, 06:38 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
I used to be all Cathe too (since 1993!), and I still do her weight workouts more now than her cardio, which just bores me and exhausts me too much.
If they're in your cart, and you have the coupon code, treat yo self! You won't regret it!
Got them

Old 02-10-18, 06:56 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Tracie - I love your avatar.
Hi Sue—That’s our rescue dog Roxy. She was on death’s door when we rescued her from the streets of Texas in May. It took three vets, numerous appointments and a small fortune to get a diagnosis (she has an auto immune disease). I’m thrilled to say she’s a very happy and healthy girl now.

Old 02-10-18, 09:10 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Hi Sue—That’s our rescue dog Roxy. She was on death’s door when we rescued her from the streets of Texas in May. It took three vets, numerous appointments and a small fortune to get a diagnosis (she has an auto immune disease). I’m thrilled to say she’s a very happy and healthy girl now.
That’s awesome

Old 02-10-18, 09:42 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
I remember when you got her! So great to hear you've brought her back to good health. It's a great picture!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracie long