Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-20, 11:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Vantreesta - hugs. I'm so sorry.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 12:07 PM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, Pat.

Linda, I have no doubt you'll get back on track when you're ready. Not like me where I feel like a constant restarter!

I am still struggling with going to bed on time and actually getting worse. I was crocheting till 2 AM this morning and finally made myself go to bed. I figured it was not smart to get up at my 6 AM goal time so slept till 7:30, which means of course I'm behind on everything. I will be baking cookies for a friend today so I am hoping it will be as calming as it usually is, especially since I had an anxiety attack on our walk this morning. Our house is a disaster and I know that's eating at me plus some songs on Sunday night triggered sadness but I haven't taken the time to sit with it. I will get there in time. I don't want to cry while I'm making cookies though bc then the nose runs and baking is just lost then with all the extra handwashing!

I think I have chosen a journal to order but I did journal freely Sunday and today, so that's a start.

I better get going and not get further behind schedule.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 10:10 PM  
DCW

Hugs to everyone!!!

Today I walked in the cold. I got out my winter coat and out in the wind I walked. Best thing I could have done. All I could think of was why am I walking in the cold??? Really kind of mind clearing. Of course, few folks were out because it was cold.

I did notice more Christmas decorations are up earlier than before.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 01:28 AM  
Vantreesta

I keep looking at journal prompts and still find myself rebelling against it. I read the prompts and think, I don't want to answer that. It feels like the harder I try to do healthy things the harder I resist. I decide yes, I truly do want to go to bed earlier bc I really want to get up at 6 and I find myself staying up even later and oversleeping. How did my parents ever put up with me when I don't even listen to myself???

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-21-20, 11:51 AM  
Vantreesta

I've decided it's silly not to wear my sweaters just bc they're dog hair magnets. As long as I'm not working I end up not wearing them and they just sit in the closet. If they wear out or the dog hair won't come off then so be it. If I go back to work I can buy new ones if I want. So during the week when I do chores it will be sweatshirts and on the wknds hanging out with hubby and Cyric I will wear sweaters when I feel like it.

Old 11-21-20, 02:33 PM  
DCW

I use my best glasses and teacups everyday. I am good enough to use the best. What and who am I saving it for??

It's my stuff so I use it.
Old 11-21-20, 03:24 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
I use my best glasses and teacups everyday. I am good enough to use the best. What and who am I saving it for??

It's my stuff so I use it.
Exactly! No point having it if we're never gonna use it!

Old 11-27-20, 06:39 PM  
Vantreesta

How is everyone doing with self care? I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving.

More family members have tested positive for covid. My aunt has been in the hospital since Wed night. She is the only one bad enough to be hospitalized though, thankfully. She is feeling about the same as yesterday, so at least not getting worse. We're really close and it's hard for me to think of her in the hospital.

I went for a 5 mile walk by myself today and it felt fantastic. So happy with myself for doing it. I didn't yesterday and regretted it. Today I bought another blank journal so I can start writing down memories as I think of them. Like today I kept remembering all the Black Fridays with my mother-in-law, how we'd look through all the flyers several times, make our lists and plot out our course. It just isn't the same without her, not as fun. But I want to start recording these things before time fades my memories.

Old 11-28-20, 02:36 PM  
DCW

Welcome Saturday!!!

Thanksgiving is done. Bring on the Christmas music. We watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Great kickoff for Christmas spirit.
Old 11-28-20, 03:13 PM  
Vantreesta

Love The Grinch, DCW! I listen to Christmas music any time of year but for sure more often from 11/1-12/31.

Tags
coping with adversity, meditation, self-care