Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-20, 07:51 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Hi all - hope everyone is doing well.

Friday and Saturday my allergies/sinuses were acting up and I just didn't feel like doing much but walking. I slept most of Saturday afternoon.

Sunday was Karen Voight's Pure and Simple Stretch. I've always liked this one. Even though it's older it still does the trick for me.

Today was raking leaves, dog walk and Cathe's LITE PHA2. I had to pause a few times; was getting a little too breathless. I'll be sore tomorrow. Those glute lunges or whatever she calls them get me every time.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 09:38 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Today was Cathe's Rhythmic Step, which I haven't done in ages, and then a virtual hip-hop dance class.

I have had a harder time than usual concentrating and sleeping this week. I keep telling myself that I need to cut back on the news I consume, and only focus on what I can control, but I fall back into my old habits.

Annette, Pure and Simple Stretch is such a wonderful workout. I should pull it out again. I have never really been able to "get" yoga, but that workout does the trick for me too.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 01:23 PM  
DD546

I've been much better at incorporating some strength and stretching in addition to my daily walking. I decided to go back to what I know and has no dread for me--Margaret Richard. I've done the All My Best 3&4 the first two workouts. I really like the music on the All My Best, and the workouts are broken out well to avoid working multiple body parts if you do two workouts in a row. I really love Margaret. I should just stick with her and quit chasing other workouts. Another weight workout I really like to do when I need a quick one is the arms workout from Kimberly Spreen's 10 Minute Solution on the stability ball. So, I've been walking, rowing when I don't walk, and incorporating Margaret for some strength. I'm still working on the stretching component, but overall, I'm pretty happy with my workouts over the past week.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 07:21 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Today was Cathe's Rhythmic Step, which I haven't done in ages, and then a virtual hip-hop dance class.

I have had a harder time than usual concentrating and sleeping this week. I keep telling myself that I need to cut back on the news I consume, and only focus on what I can control, but I fall back into my old habits.

Annette, Pure and Simple Stretch is such a wonderful workout. I should pull it out again. I have never really been able to "get" yoga, but that workout does the trick for me too.
Oh yes, me too. I've been thinking about removing the News widget on my phone. We shall see.

Yesterday was a real non starter. I was very busy at work all day and into the evening so I did not have time to choose a workout. First I tried Michelle D's cardio workout from One on One. I yanked that after 10 mins because there were too many changes and I like a little more repetitions in a set. Then I did a short mobility workout by Mark Lauren on You Tube. I liked that then decided to try a short Essentrics workout which I yanked. Finally decided to try Cathe's High Impact HIIT which I yanked after a couple of minutes.
This morning I did some of the upper body exercises on KCM's Muscle Definition. My arms are nice and fried! Tonight I think I will do KCM stepboxing #1.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 06:12 AM  
DCW

Yesterday, I walked in the rain. Different and just what I needed, avoiding puddles and drifts of wet leaves. It made a familiar walk fresh.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 09:43 AM  
laurajhawk

Covid is skyrocketing here, and I've stopped going to live yoga classes for now. My teacher livestreams a couple classes a week; they don't fit my schedule but I have access to a big library of recorded classes as part of my studio membership - I'll start using those again.

This week I've been doing Jessica's Walk Strong 2, and yoga, but work has been ridiculous lately - yesterday was 6 am to 6 pm and almost all on the phone. I did take the dogs for a walk around 8 am but no workout - by the time I was done for the day, I felt awful and didn't want to do anything. Food and Netflix helped. Today I did a Gilad Bodies in Motion (no weights) and a Namaste yoga. That was nice. It's too cold to walk now but I hope I'll be able to walk at lunchtime.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 09:06 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Yesterday, I walked in the rain. Different and just what I needed, avoiding puddles and drifts of wet leaves. It made a familiar walk fresh.
People think I'm odd for this, but I enjoy walking in the rain too. I think I prefer that over a hot, sunny day, actually.

laurajhawk, the cases are rising quickly here too, and I am pretty much sticking to home. I have this feeling that another lockdown (or whatever terminology will be used) is imminent.

Just a short walk this evening. I am enrolled in a virtual painting course so I needed to be back in time for that. Painting has become one of my new pandemic hobbies. I had only ever done one Paint Nite in my life previously, and now I am taking all kinds of classes and workshops.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 10:13 AM  
laurajhawk

All 5 students (a full socially-distanced class) cancelled out of today's yoga class - so the teacher moved it to Zoom and we're all "attending" from home. She's deciding whether to go all-online again as she did in the spring, but in any case she'll be doing more livestreams for a while. This is a good time to be a vidiot - I have my space all set up (of course) and ready for a livestream class.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 11:33 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I went to yoga and there was only one student other than me (capacity for socially-distanced 13). I've noticed the numbers at the studio are lower this week, and so I'm suspecting that people are worried about the increasing virus numbers.

I am still adding new yoga and meditation videos to my own YouTube channel. I might not get a chance to film any new ones before Thanksgiving, but I do take requests.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 11:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I am still adding new yoga and meditation videos to my own YouTube channel. I might not get a chance to film any new ones before Thanksgiving, but I do take requests.
Beth, I'd love for you to do a meditation for dealing with chronic pain issues.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check in, check-in, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, new check-in, pandemic, social fitnessing