Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-23-20, 08:44 AM  
laurajhawk

I've been alternating a week to a few weeks of Gilad/Namaste, with a week/few weeks of LIIFT4, basically all through the summer. This week I did some Jessica, and not enough yoga, and decided that I'm just going to go old-school: Weights, Cardio, Yoga, rinse & repeat. If I have a yoga class on yoga day I won't try to mess with the schedule, I'll just do kundalini. (It messes me up when I try to "count" classes in with my morning workouts, lol.)
Then I realized how perfectly that plan fits with Perfect 30 (due to arrive Monday). So that's awesome too. When I'm tired of P30 I'll either go back to LIIFT4, or rotate in some other weights.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 09:39 AM  
ncl

I love reading what other folks are doing as well. I have been doing a workout rotation that looks like this and think I want to continue to tinker with it some more.

2 strength workouts per week, usually doing total body workouts, most often Cathe.
2 metabolic workouts per week. The the above can be combined or done separately, in other words I could do a more metabolic type strength workout or do some cardio intervals or one of Cathe's low impact HIIT workouts.
Trying to walk a lot, getting 5,000-10,000 steps most days of the week (plantar fasciitis permitting...ugh).
Yoga at least once per week. I just feel better when I do yoga at least once a week.
Any other days I do what is fun, usually Kari Anderson Hi-lo or maybe one of her reach or reach the barre workouts or if it is raining and I can't walk, might do a hi-lo since. I have an online subscription for her and I love it!

I just got Perfect 30 so I'll be incorporating these in to this plan.

I had also thought about for the near future getting Travis Elliots 30 for 30 and doing yoga every day for a bit plus I could add in another 30 minute session of cardio or other strength. I am interested to see how I feel if I do yoga more.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 11:00 PM  
Sand

I'm going to try and use items that I bought and haven't used, like the kettlebells and dumbbells. Because of my Graves disease, I've noticed that my lack of upper body strength has gotten more limited. I have a variety of weights but really need to start from the lowest and build my way up. The DVD's that I have that utilize them are way too hard for me, so I need something very basic. I figure if I do a little at a time, it will be helpful!
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 12:12 AM  
lizh

I just started the Jessica Smith master rotation and that will bring me through the end of November. I’m burning out on Jessica though...if anybody has suggestions for a change up, let me know!
Thanks
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I have posted on this thread a lot - just sharing my thoughts out loud.

Now I am thinking about doing a month of CS - Season 11 - since it is the 11th month, LOL. I always feel better when I am consistent w/ CS, yet for some reason it is very hard for me to stay consistent. However, w/ the time change coming, I will not be able to do my post work walks, so perhaps some CS in the evenings after work will be my new habit.

I also decided to not try to put pressure on myself to workout mid-day, as I posted up thread. Work can be unpredictable so I would rather do my "main" workout in the morning and add bonuses throughout the day. I also want to encourage my DD to walk w/ me in the afternoons - so I don't want that to feel like a "workout" but more of a "walk and talk" session - so a no pressure thing.

I still haven't figure out the rest, do I want to follow a formal schedule or a template? But CS is on the schedule as of now!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 08:28 AM  
gigi

Now that Perfect 30 is out I'm going to plan to use them and come back to MBF at another time. I may use the MBF Total Body workouts with Perfect 30. So no definite plan!
Old 10-24-20, 08:45 AM  
buffmama

For a while my workouts have been full body and each day includes:

Meditation/Qigong/Affirmations - 5 min
Pilates - usually less than 30 min
Heather Robertson - following her calendars with some subbing for repeats
Mr and Mrs Muscle HIIT - 10-20 min chosen to round out Heather's workout
Yoga - usually 10-30 min

Mondays I generally do an hour pilates class.
I also recently started trying to get some gentle evening movement (qigong/pilates/yoga) before bed for about 15 min. Even a few days a week seems to make a big difference in stress levels.

I seem to be in better over health strength/flexibility/endurance wise than with anything else I've done.
Old 10-24-20, 10:57 AM  
Lori_Michigan

In the past couple of months, I've realized that the week before my period literally everything is just so hard (I'm in the deep midst of perimenopause hell) . So I make that my "Light week" (or sometimes 10 days!). The first two or three weeks during my cycle I feel like I can go harder or lift weights or do interval workouts.

I also try to walk nearly every day on my treadmill in the evening (about a mile) or do a CS after my workout (I need to do this more!).

So it looks like this:
Week one (mixed weights and impact) -- Tracie, Cathe Live, Ellen, Tracie Cathe Live, Ellen
Week two (heavier weights and some cardio) -- Cathe Live, KCM, Tracie, Cathe Live, KCM, Tracie
Week three (mixed weights and impact) -- Tracie, Cathe Live, Ellen, Tracie Cathe Live, Ellen
Week four (no weights and very low impact) -- Leslie, Ellen (sometimes more Leslie's than Ellen's) and some Jessica Smith (or other lighter workouts)

I've learned that longer higher intensity cardio just doesn't work for me anymore. It's too exhausting and makes me feel wiped out. So I just do a lot of metabolic and weight workouts (Tracie, Cathe) and then I do a few KCM cardio workouts (boxing, etc) when I'm burned out on weights. By the time my light week rolls around, I look forward to the break and I really enjoy the light stuff. I haven't lost any weight but I have stopped the massive weight gain from the past two years. I like working with my body now instead of fighting it!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 11:32 AM  
T2B

I love doing rotations so right now I’m doing a generic timesaver XTrain 90 Day rotation. Shortening the weight work to 20 to 30 minutes by doing 1 to 2 sets and lifting heavy and adding extra days here and there. Also doing either a VHSaturday or VHSunday workout.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 04:55 AM  
Venus

I enjoyed reading this thread

I plan to do a walking and yoga rotation in November, mostly using YouTube workouts. I want to keep it simple.

Other possibilities: I tried a Jessica Smith rotation earlier this year and enjoyed it (though I only got through 4 of the 6 weeks). I especially want to try the Calm and Strong rotation. I'm also tempted by Brazil Butt Lift (haven't done it in a while), CS/Essentrics, the original Jane Fonda workout, and Rhonda's boxing/kickboxing rotation (shared in this thread). I like the template from Jessica Valent (shared by donnamp) and will save it to try later on if not in November. I have several fitness books I just checked out from the library and want to try a rotation from one as well.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotations