Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-20, 07:25 AM  
fatkat555

Good morning, ladies!

Kate - yes! The days feel like they’re flying by! My husband and I were talking about this.

Jules - excellent on the pushups! My form has always been terrible in pushups which I now know is imbalance of strength. I’m backing up my pushups to the wall now, working on incline with good form before I come back to the floor.

I took another rest day Monday (nobody registered for my Zoom class) so we hit class hard yesterday. We did more cardio than usual so it was definitely different than what I usually teach.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 12:05 PM  
Jules

It's a rain day here. I worked out early and am going to head in to the school to prep some remote learning lessons for my reading groups. I did BodyCombat 68 and added in tracks 2-4 from #69.

Yesterday I did a toughie: Cathe's Ripped with HiiT Lower/Upper Circuit Combo. This is a great test of endurance. I passed... barely!

Good vibes to all!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 10:50 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi friends...glad to see you're still kicking it! I've been busy this week with job searches and lots of outdoor work. And a little binge watching Netflix series The Last Kingdom. ;-)

So this week:
Mon: Cathe's Muscle Max. This is one I've had for a while and really a great total body workout. I still go heavier than Cathe. Some have compared this to a Body Pump workout but I think it's not quite as much of an endurance workout as just a good total body strength workout.

Tues: Oldie, Cathe's Step Heat. I missed this one in my rotation so added that in. VERY basic but not easy, just not a lot of tough choreography. Everyone had their step at 8 inches/two risers so I did too and it was just fine.

Wed: Oh boy this one is FUN!! Cathe Live 245 Upper Body Core Crush. This is one of the Live downloads that I bought and it is one of my favorite upper body strength workouts. The pace between sets is faster but not super fast, not PHA fast. It pairs body parts together. No boredom at all!

Thurs: Holy !@#! I decided to do Cathe Body Blast Legs & Glutes Xtreme Mix. This is from the Kick Punch Crunch dvd/set. The regular workout runs though each set once, the Xtreme mix runs through each set twice except for the very end floor work. YOWZA! What I did was matched Cathe's weights for all since I was doing everything twice. Adds up to a 79 minute workout. My legs were toast!!!! But what an excellent lower body workout! I had done it before but it's been a while and I've never done this mix at all. Loved it.

Today a slight departure. I did Turbo Fire 60 Class + Core 20 class. Chalene is always fun, lots of high energy and loved the core class. It uses a heavy band for most of the moves, standing and seated. Also just regular floor core work.

So ending the week on a high note! I hope yours has been excellent too!

Jules: You keep up those great workouts! You're awesome! I love how you add on to your workout!

Fatkat: Are things a little better in NO? I heard covid was running wild for a while. I hope you're safe my friend.

Happy weekend. TGIF! Be safe and lots of hugs!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 04:44 PM  
fatkat555

Kate - the Covid numbers is NO are leveling out. It hit a few nursing homes particularly hard. I live north of the city and our numbers didn’t explode. Best of luck on your job search!

Still doing my daily barre workout! I e been quite sore the past couple of days. Looking forward to my “rest” day on Sunday.

Keep up the great workouts, ladies!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 05-11-20, 11:00 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Belated Happy Mother's Day to you all!

Fatkat: I'm glad things are leveling out. The county I live in had a huge surge in cases so now I'm a bit paranoid. I'm staying home.

This morning I did Cathe's High Reps. Yes very good!! Not unlike Body Pump but then again very different. Each body part is worked very well and legs get hit three times! I loved the lunges with the slider!
As per my usual, I went quite a bit heavier than Cathe but not super heavy as there are LOTS of reps. Good way to start the week.

Take care!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 05-11-20, 06:35 PM  
Jules

Hope you all had a super Mother's Day!

I'm still on a metabolic kick here. On Friday I did a 60 minute Studio Sweat spin. It was one with Brian where all the music is from movies and you guess which ones. Fun!

Saturday, I did BodyMax. Cathe keeps going like the Energizer bunny.

I was sore yesterday and just went for a walk with the dog.

Today I did Cathe's Terminator Gauntlet plus the core work from her first Boot Camp.

Kate: You did so many awesome workouts last week! I have never tried Legs & Glutes Xtreme - sounds brutal! I noticed that the Covid numbers are going up quickly in MN. I'm glad you are staying home! We still have a very low number of cases here, but people are starting to move around more. Visitors from out of state are required to quarantine for 14 days. As soon as tourists are allowed without isolating, I am sure our numbers will jump.

Fatkat: Great job sticking to your 6 days per week plan. I bet you enjoyed your rest day!
Old 05-12-20, 10:46 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: Mother's Day was uneventful this year due to the lockdown. I talked to my kids and stepkids but I'm definitely missing the hugs. I did get some pretty flowers too.

Jules: I did BodyMax YEARS ago. But I have it on my rotation coming up soon. Since I've been laid off I do have more time in the morning for longer workouts, so that will be perfect.
Some of the covid numbers jumped because we have a couple of very large meat processing plants in the county and the virus went through them badly. Yup, I'm staying home. Have only made very few trips to town for anything.

Today I tried Step Blast but it was tricky for me. But instead of pulling it out and doing something else I just kept with it. I stopped and rewound several times and finally got the hang of most of the steps. At least Cathe cues well and the music was fun. But the choreography was challenging.
I also did some tracks from Body Attack #52 just because I wanted some extra cardio so about 80 min workout today. There was a lot of down time practicing Step Blast so I wanted a bit more cardio today.

Stay well dear girls. I'm SO glad you're all still posting. If you know anyone else who wants to join us, it's an open invitation.

HUGS!

Old 05-13-20, 03:30 PM  
Jules

We've had a couple of rain days here, but that's a good thing. Some of the lakes in our area are very low right now. I have not been walking the dog, so I kicked up my workouts a notch.

I have always wanted to try Studio Sweat's The Long Ride – 3 Hour Pedal to End Cancer, and yesterday I did it! My legs felt strong throughout, but my right knee started to get tender in the last hour. The only place I am sore today is in the fronts of my shoulders. I guess it is from leaning on the handlebars. Also, I got just a little bit of chafing on my glutes, but nothing terrible.

Today I did the cardio only from Cathe's 4 Day Split Kickbox and followed it up with Afterburn for an 85 minute workout. I liked this combo a lot and would do it again.

Kate: Great job sticking with Step Blast! I love that one and always think of it as Cathe's "Minnesota" workout since it features a lot of Prince music.

Like Kate said, if anyone out there wants to join our little check-in, please do! Lurking is fine too. Keep on keepin' on!
Old 05-14-20, 04:06 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did Step Jump Pump. SO MUCH FUN! I especially liked the hi/low stuff! It was just fun and not overly hard moves. I got the step routines just fine. I REALLY like the low impact segment in the hi/lo. Totally fun moves and music. This is a new favorite!! I used moderately heavy weights. The sets moved quickly between cardio and weights but was totally doable and fun. Oh yeah, I said that. ;-)

Today I pulled out an old Body Combat and punched out some stress. I used my 3 lb gloves and got a super nice challenge. I've been able to use them more and more for the entire workouts...I had been taking them off about halfway through so I'm happy for that progress.

Waves and hugs!

Old 05-14-20, 05:38 PM  
fatkat555

I’m still here, ladies!

I’ve added rebounding to my daily routine. I have a genetic blood clotting disorder and was getting some swelling in my right ankle only. The rebounding has definitely helped with circulation and I can see my ankle bone again. I’ve worked up to 10 minutes total after teaching my barre Zoom class.

What happened to all our old Fitchicks who used to post: Shelley, Dutchie, ...? I know we’re all not doing the same type of workouts, but it’s nice for accountability and conversation. I know I disappeared because I felt nobody wanted to hear nonstop about barre.