Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-20, 01:46 PM  
Jules

Quick check-in just to say I just did BC 82! It was a lot of fun with some new moves and I loved the music in this one. I was surprised that it was only 51 minutes long. It did not seem quite as intense as the past few releases to me. I will probably add on another track or two the next time I do this one.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-20, 06:57 PM  
Jules

Today I did Cathe's Hardcore Extreme Interval Circuit. It kicked my booty! I am going to work hard in the next few weeks to up my cardio endurance. Also went for my daily walk with the dog.

I told my son that the barbershops will be open next week, but he said he doesn't want to go back yet. My daughter cut his hair for the first time - she is very artistic. It turned out great! Maybe she can cut his hair from now on.
Old 04-26-20, 12:05 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Today I did Cathe's Hardcore Extreme Interval Circuit. It kicked my booty! I am going to work hard in the next few weeks to up my cardio endurance. Also went for my daily walk with the dog.

I told my son that the barbershops will be open next week, but he said he doesn't want to go back yet. My daughter cut his hair for the first time - she is very artistic. It turned out great! Maybe she can cut his hair from now on.
I wish I was as talented at the cutting of hair. I doubt my husband or son will ask for a repeat haircut from me.

I’m on a rest day today. This is an interesting experiment that I have going, being forced to workout 6 days a week. I was at 3-4 prior to shutdown. I’m going to try to keep it going for 3 months so I can see any differences if any.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 09:38 PM  
fatkat555

Checking in again! My back was sore from doing nothing but sitting on Sunday so I taught a stretch class today. Back at it tomorrow! Hope you ladies are doing ok!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 04-28-20, 09:28 AM  
Jules

Good Morning! I have been working on upping my cardio endurance. On Sunday I did Cathe's Drill Max plus the core work from Low Impact Circuit. Yesterday I did a 90 minute spin from Studio Sweat. It is called the 1,000 calorie spin but I only burned 650. I remember the last time I did this class I burned just under 700. It is a fun spin with 4 instructors who take turns leading - 2 guys and 2 gals.

I am about to do Cathe's To the Max and then we will meet my friend and her son at the soccer field. I will take the dog for our daily walk later. It rained yesterday, but the sun is shining this morning.

Fatkat: I get sore when I do nothing too - gotta keep moving! I hope your new workout plan gives you excellent results.

Kate: I saw your check-in on the Cathe thread. Double Push-Pull! I almost never do that one as it seems too easy. Doubling the exercises is a smart idea.
Old 04-29-20, 07:35 PM  
Jules

Hello! This morning I did 75 minutes of BodyCombat. I started my annual weeding project yesterday and put in a couple hours today. I was going to take the dog for a walk, but the rain has moved back in so we probably won't go today. Also found out yesterday that our school will continue with remote-learning for the rest of this school year.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-29-20, 10:48 PM  
fatkat555

Jules - my kids have remote learning to finish out this year, too.

Did a tough barre class this morning with lots of inner thigh work.

I’m going to drag out my rebounder, dust it off, and jump around a bit.

Old 04-30-20, 10:47 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey!!! Sorry to be MIA. I feel disconnected and just haven't been logging on much. But still working out every day. You know me...I hate to skip.

Do the days seem to go by faster with covid and staying at home? Time sure flies..now it's the end of April.

So backtracking a little.
On Tuesday I was all set to do Imax 3. Got thru the warmup and then got very choreo challenged and frustrated. I putzed around for a while then took it out and put in a Body Attack instead. I'm just going to have to watch I3 a few times then try it again.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live 238 PHA Plus Cardio Blasts. I had purchased this download last year and it's SO much fun and talk about sweaty mess! Cardio blast, lower body strength, upper body strength. Almost totally non stop! PHA is right! I really like her different PHA workouts. Step Boss PHA is one of my favs. The only dvd in that set that I bought.

Today I did a new LMOD Body Step 118. Again, sweaty mess! And my basement is actually chilly! I know I'm working hard when sweat hits the floor!

Jules: I always thought PushPull was too easy too. Doubling up made it better but still not super hard.

Fatkat: If I sit too much I get stiff too. I have a stand up desk in my office and am not used to sitting a lot.

GREAT workouts you girls!! FitChicks will always be my favorite checkin...even if it is just three of us!

Take care...hoping we can all get out soon!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 07:15 PM  
Jules

TGIF! Not that it really makes a difference what day of the week it is these days, right?

This morning I took the dog for our walk and then I hit up Costco for wave petunias before they are all sold out this weekend. I bought 6 flats - enough to fill 12 large pots. I prepped the pots with fresh soil earlier this week, so it only took a couple of hours to plant the flowers. Now I have my fingers crossed we don't get any super cold nights. I usually don't buy flowers until mid-May, but they are flying off the shelves this year and I don't want to wait and then miss out on the good Costco pricing. By the way, Costco is requiring all customers to wear a mask starting on Monday.

My husband brought home Papa Murphy's pizza to cook tonight, so I just did an intense 50 minute Studio Sweat spin so I can enjoy a couple of slices.

Yesterday I did BodyMax 2 - the whole thing. I challenged myself and used an 8 inch step. I wish I could say it was easy, but I was pretty wiped out by the end of the cardio. I was happy to move on to the fun upper body segment on the ball. I think the cardio felt difficult because I have been on a cutting diet and my glycogen stores were low. I ate a big dinner last night and my energy is better today.

Kate - Imax 3 is my favorite Imax and also the hardest Imax. It does take a few tries to get down the moves, and some intervals can be downright dangerous (#7) if you are not prepared. I would practice with just the platform and no risers to start. Do you have Hardcore Extreme? Imax 3 is featured in all 3 workouts.

Fatkat - Have fun on the rebounder! I like to jump on my kids' trampoline once in a while. Good times!
Old 05-04-20, 03:03 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals!

I worked out hard this weekend and I am feeling it. On Saturday I did Cathe's X10 - the 77 minute premix. Ouchie! I did most of the pushups from my knees and it still slayed me. I also helped my family clean out the garage.

Yesterday I did the double step premix from Cathe's 4 Day Split. A lot of variety here to keep me going.

Today I did Cathe's Lower Body Blast plus the core work from High Reps. This workout makes me happy.

I hope you are all staying healthy and strong!