Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-07-22, 11:14 AM  
Catahoula Cate

The first week of May has been very busy so far. I like the idea of posting chores and think I'll add gardening to my list for June but will do a tally for May although not adding to my points since we are a week in. We got a greenhouse last summer but it was too hot and late in the year to really do much with it so I've been busy with it starting in April. I'm going to try to keep up with some other gardening spots around the house too. I always try to take on more than I should and I'm not terribly good at it but love to do it anyway.

I saw my PT yesterday for some maintenance on some of my alignment issues or as she says "biomechanics". Some very intense fascia work for 1 1/2 hrs and then when I got home I went for a walk. I clearly overdid it as I've got some major DOMS this morning. I think I'll keep the appt shorter next time I see her.

Waves everyone!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 11:53 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did wk5 day1 of the 10k trainer. I stupidly waited till after 4 PM when the real feel was 88 and the wind was still 25 mph. It was rough but I finished. Also did some yoga afterwards and later PT.

Saturday we spent about 4 hours at the Nebraska Ren Fest. It was a great day and the weather was pretty much perfect. We had planned to go to the Des Moines one Sunday but the predicted rain made us just come on home.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 09:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Tue 5/10 69 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 5)
5 minutes (from Yoga With Bird - 5 Min Beginner Friendly Morning Yoga to Start Your Day! (DAY 5) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge, YT) 1st time
11 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 5 Legs at the Barre, YT) 1st time
8 minutes (from CVG Murph: Train Like a Hero day 3 core challenge 8 min AMRAP)
00 minutes (from CVG Murph: Train Like a Hero day 4 mobility challenge "Look Ma no hands!" AKA The Broomstick Challenge) SUCCESS!
2 minutes (from CVG Murph: Train Like a Hero day 6 -40 pike pushups FT -done in 2:28:14)
7 minutes (from PT stretches)
29 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.95 mi)

Wed 5/11 20 minutes
20 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.32 mi) stormy out and not feeling great, too hot for afternoon walk

Thu 5/12 84 minutes
39 minutes (from 2.35 mi walk home with Cyric from auto shop)
31 minutes (from 2.39 mi run for 10k trainer wk5 day2) still 93 degrees and 96 real feel at 6 PM!
14 minutes (from 1 dog walks 1.06 mi) too miserably hot for an afternoon walk again

Fri 5/13 0 minutes FRIDAY THE 13TH!!
8 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge days 6)
9 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -10 Min Morning Yoga DAY 6 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge, YT) 1st time
18 minutes (from PT strength exercises)
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
13 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 6 Core Workout, YT) 1st time
18 minutes (from Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 5-butterfly pose + day 6-half dragonfly, YT) 1st time
0 minutes (from foam roll/ball massage + PT stretches)
42 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.76 mi)

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-16-22, 05:08 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, so nice that you can do Renfests again! Our weather has been pretty close to perfect as well. Good job on all your walks and workouts.

I'm all over the map. It's been a very busy month. Some days I get a good walk in plus 2 youtube clips and other days, not so much but I'm doing what i can. I better get my walk in for today before it get's any later.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 05-18-22, 08:54 AM  
Vantreesta

https://www.youtube.com/c/BrentBrookbush/playlists

I just came across this YouTube channel that looks interesting for p/rehab stuff. I have only watched the tutorial on the slant board so far but hope to watch more soon.

Old 05-18-22, 11:01 AM  
Leonana

I haven't been able to exercise, as all movement aggravates nerve pain in my mouth. I saw a neurologist and am taking a med for the nerve pain. So far, it seems to be working. I'll have to wait until it kicks in fully, but I think I'll be able to exercise some again.

I took a very short walk this morning. I'm going to try and do a standing yoga workout later.
Old 05-18-22, 01:16 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, I hope the meds will help and you can get back to a normal life soon!

Old 05-18-22, 05:36 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, I subscribed to the channel. It looks interesting.

Sherry, I hope you can get back into some exercising and this pain really calms down!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 05-19-22, 10:58 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Here's another youtube channel I've subscribed to recently. Great tip on using the YTU balls(or tennis balls, lacrosse balls, etc) on repositioning against the wall for knots. Good grief, sometimes these tips are so simple and I think, how come I couldn't come up with that on my own. I've always used the YTU balls in a tote against the wall for upper back knots but I think I'll try his way with just one in a sock...more maneuverability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uft_YAndGM8

Do The Next Thing!
Old 05-19-22, 12:22 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I like that channel too. I've used his SI joint exercises before. I just wish it was follow along. Most days I feel too ADD to do stuff off paper!

I have an appt with a podiatrist June 3. Finally decided I better have my foot looked at since it's been bothering me off and on since last June. I think it's just tendinitis but I figured better to be safe and find out for sure. The bump at the base of my fifth metatarsal is sometimes swollen, red and painful. But not all the time and it's never been bad enough to keep me from doing anything, but I think it seems a little worse this week so it gave me the push to call. My previous primary care doctor diagnosed tarsal tunnel syndrome in that foot many years ago and that seems to be flaring up this week too. Hopefully the podiatrist will be helpful. It's probably just wishful thinking that he won't tell me to lay off or cut back on running.