Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-12, 02:08 AM  
RachelW

Body Pump

So I have tO know if those of you who got the basic set are happy with it. I love Body Pump and am intrigued by this set but I'm not sure if it is worth the price. What do you think? TIA!!
Old 05-29-12, 04:34 AM  
PhyllisG

I have the same questions. I have put off buying it because of the equipment and price and have been reluctant to bid on ebay. Then recently someone posted that she felt her thighs and waist(?) had gotten thicker doing Body Pump and I really don't want to go there. It has been awhile since it came out and hopefully we can find out how everyone feels about it now and what results they have accomplished.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 07:27 AM  
fit44

If you've done Jari Love's Ripped & Chisel, Slim & Lean, Ripped to the Core, or Cathe's Power Hour, Muscle Endurance...you'll have a pretty good idea what the Pump series is like. Same type of workout...full body, high reps. They work each body part for I think it's 4 full minutes.

I love them, my body loves them. I always switch to high rep/full body workouts from Spring- Summer because it brings out the most definition for me.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 12:47 PM  
fitness*fanatic

I'm loving them as well. I think that as long as you don't already own a barbell, they're worth the money. My body responds really well to Jari Love's stuff, which is why I got this set - way better music, too, so it doesn't have the dread factor for me that I develop whenever I'm consistently doing Jari's workouts.
fitness*fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 01:02 PM  
westiemack

I am still enjoying my set. No dread whatsoever, fun music, fun instructors, I even like the barbell! It was a great investment for me. It got me out of my terrible workout slump. I'm hoping they film more of them!

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 01:31 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Another huge fan here. This had been my best purchase in years. This style of lifting really agrees with my body and the aesthetic that I'm going for. Other than the clips, the barbell that comes with the package is really nice. I've already contacted both Beachbody and Les Mills about bringing more workouts to the public.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 01:49 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I think Jari Love's workouts took off because Body Pump was not selling dvd workouts for the home exerciser. Jari filled that niche. Of course, she now does other types of workouts, and Body Pump figured out that they could make money selling to the home exercise market.
Old 05-29-12, 04:28 PM  
wookiemouse

The set and the DVDs alone are spectacular. I love that the bar is short and lightweight - I'm now using it (and the step!) for STS. I also do the 3 cardio routines still, and am keeping the Pump series for play here and there.

THAT being said...if you get it, I would advise against following the rotation. Unless you like rotations of doing the same 2 DVDs over and over again for 2 months. The first few weeks are great, they switch things up, but the last 6-8 weeks of the program are Pump Revolution and Pump Extreme 3x a week. And keep in mind they're the SAME EXERCISES but different music! It really, really aggravated my hamstring with those routines. But I have no issue doing it now and then when I want a good full-body weight routine in an hour.

Completed: P90X, CLX, TF, TF/CLX hybrid (x3), Les Mills Pump, STS (x3), NROLFW, Focus T25, P90X3, Body Beast, Insanity half-grad

Currently doing: Strong
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body pump