Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-16-06, 03:01 PM  
MARIKA

Is rebounding really a cellulite buster?

I don't need more equipment buttt.......
Old 11-16-06, 03:17 PM  
snapfishsis

oooh.. I want to know the answer to this too!

If it is... I NEED one!!! Some expert please answer..oh, but answer with the answer I want to hear!

workouts?? pick a number...
snapfishsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 03:21 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I love my rebounder, and have used it for years, BUT---

I don't think it has any more properties for "lymph circulation" or "cellulite busting" than any other form of exercise.

My joints like it a lot, though

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 04:17 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R
I love my rebounder, and have used it for years, BUT---

I don't think it has any more properties for "lymph circulation" or "cellulite busting" than any other form of exercise.

My joints like it a lot, though
Pretty much my sentiments. I love rebounding but can't really say I've noticed any special cellulite busting powers with it. When it comes to banishing the bumps, a clean diet/lean body mass are the key for my body.
Old 11-16-06, 05:01 PM  
zaprascal

I wish rebounding did get rid of cellutlite.

I lost 30 pounds using my rebounder with no change in diet, but I'm not aware of any change in cellulite.

I do find that health bouncing is beneficial for improving my immunity. I have low immunity and 5 minutes of health bouncing done every hour has helped me fight off illness. I learned about this from another cancer patient that used it.

I also find it helpful for moving lymph and doing good things for digestion, etc, as have other cancer patients I've read about.

Come to think of it, I found VF as a result of one of many searches I did on the benefits of rebounding. At that time, Nancy had many posts addressing the health benefits of rebounding here on VF. Sadly, those posts have been removed.

"Motion is lotion." Dr. DiNubile
zaprascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 05:46 PM  
PLS

I can't say anything on the cellulite part, sure wish it helped with that. BUT... that said, I will turn 40 Monday and I have been consistently rebounding 6-7 days a week for a minimum of 20 minutes a day for the past 9 months and yesterday I took my vision test for my driver's license without my contacts or glasses and PASSED! They removed the restriction from my license. Now, that said my vision isn't perfect, but its good enough that I definitely would need a weaker prescription when I get motivated enough to go to the optometrist again.
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 09:17 PM  
horsemom2

definitely boosts the immune system

I still have cellulite but probably less than I used to have.

Barb S
who hasn't caught a cold in I don't know how long and believes rebounding and good sleep have kept my immune system strong
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 11:33 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS
I can't say anything on the cellulite part, sure wish it helped with that. BUT... that said, I will turn 40 Monday and I have been consistently rebounding 6-7 days a week for a minimum of 20 minutes a day for the past 9 months and yesterday I took my vision test for my driver's license without my contacts or glasses and PASSED! They removed the restriction from my license. Now, that said my vision isn't perfect, but its good enough that I definitely would need a weaker prescription when I get motivated enough to go to the optometrist again.
Congratulations! I love rebounding too. Interestingly, I've just been reading Al Carter's claims that rebounding may help with poor vision and know he sells some kind of kit on his website, but am I right to assume you just rebounded? I'm curious to see if I get results as well -- did you rebound with or without glasses/contacts?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-06, 07:21 AM  
PLS

Lucky Star,
Yes I just rebounded, but while rebounding (to any workout) I focus on words on workouts & stuff around the room, follow the lines on the walls where the ceiling and wall meet. I read that a lot of it is in the forcing the eye muscles to focus while bouncing, like a workout specifically for the eyes. And I rebound without glasses or contacts, since with them my vision is corrected and the muscles don't have to work as hard to focus.
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-06, 09:39 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks, PLS! Yeah I kind of figured you'd have to bounce without contact lenses.
I'll give it a try, what have I got to lose?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glasses, rebounding