Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-06, 03:33 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Pilates and such are a pain with bifocals.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 03:42 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

My eyes are pretty weak, so I really need to wear those glasses. And I sweat like a pig. So I'm always pushing them up on my nose. It beats stubbing my toes or stumbling over a step
Old 08-25-06, 03:53 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

I've worn glasses for some time and have worn them for everything but yoga and maybe a few other things. (I have had at least some prescriptions that precluded me from contacts, have always been squeamish about inserting , and am not looking into surgery for now.)

I don't have problems with I don't see well-fitted glasses as a problem for most everyday-ish activities, and if they slip, I'd see someone about the fit.

Obviously if you're doing something that may cause damage or loss to your glasses, you'll want to look into other options. For example, agreeing with Andrysola's option, I still have an old pair of goggles, attached with a an elestic strap, from football days. They didn't pose much problem in themselves (besides steaming up ).
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 05:27 PM  
laurajhawk

I used to wear those (admittedly nerdy) elastic bands that attach to your glasses & wrap around the back of your head. Saved me from pushing them up & saved them from flying off.

Then I had LASIK
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 05:49 PM  
Lucysql
VF Supporter

I'm very nearsighted, so I have to wear glasses all the time. So I do.

They never fall off or get loose, even in inversion-type moves or running.

Only problem is when sweat gets on them and my workout clothes are too sweaty to wipe them off with... hate when that happens.

I plan to get an uber-headband called Sweat Gutr to fix that problem, but haven't done it yet so can't report first-hand results.

http://www.sweatgutr.com/

HTH,

Lucysql
Lucysql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 09:17 PM  
Kim
VF Supporter

I wear my contacts when exercising whenever possible. I have very thick lenses for nearsightedness and they slip down at the slightest hint of moisture. I have never been able to get my glasses to fit properly. I think maybe one of my ears is higher than the other!

I'm going to look into croakies and sweatgutr.com, though.

Even though I'm very, very, very nearsighted, I can usually muddle through without glasses or contacts on the odd occasion if I know the video well. I just turn on more lights so I can see if a cat is coming toward me!

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 10:56 PM  
amyzan
VF Supporter

I wear my contacts most of the time, because my vision isn't correctable to 20/20 with glasses. When I've had to wear glasses because of corneal abrasion or whatnot, I used croakies for anything high impact. I find glasses annoying, but that's probably because I have them adjusted so infrequently, and they pinch. (Princess and the pea!)

When I swim, I wear contacts and goggles--well fitting, no fog goggles. I hate to think of how much I'd be running into other swimmers without them, I am that lost without correction!

Amy

from Stream of Life, Rabindranath Tragore
amyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 05:47 AM  
horsemom2

I wear a headband just above the brow to absorb the sweat before it runs into my eyes or onto my glasses. Also helps keep the glasses in place but I avoid the really tight ones cuz it can damage the arms(s) of the glasses or alter their fit.

Barb S
who couldn't workout in contacts if I still had them cuz just alittle sweat in the eyes would be too darn painful
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 06:59 AM  
LilMsFit

I have rosacea and my glasses make me break out so I can't wear 'em when I work out. Wish I could because sometimes I just don't feel like wearing my contacts, ya know?
LilMsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 09:59 AM  
Lady D

I've been wearing my glasses a lot while working out lately. It doesn't bother me, although I do have to pause sometimes to wash them or wipe them down. Lately, I sweat so much with my workouts that sweat drips into my eyes which would hurt my contacts anyway. I guess I should wear headbands again when I work out.

Tags
glasses