Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-06, 10:08 AM  
yahoo205

Question exercising with glasses

hoe do you do it?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 10:11 AM  
Natalie

I just do it. It's never been much of a problem. I have to remember to take them off if I'm leaning over so they don't fall off. Also, if it's a video I know well, I can usually see enough without my glasses on. I wear clips to hold my hair back rather than headbands when I wear glasses when working out because that way there's less stuff behind my ears to bother me.
Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 10:16 AM  
SooeyGun
VF Supporter

Quote:
I just do it. It's never been much of a problem. I have to remember to take them off if I'm leaning over so they don't fall off.
I'm the same. I've worn glasses for almost 30 years and I don't have any other option, so I just do it. I don't have any problem with them falling off. It shouldn't be an issue if they are fitted properly.

If I'm really, really sweating, I have to push them up my nose once in a while. And they always need a good wipe after the workout is done.
SooeyGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 10:19 AM  
Messe

Me too. I just do it. Mine slide down my nose a little when I'm really sweaty, but they don't fall off.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 10:40 AM  
JustSandra

I'm another one who Just Does It. I simply cannot see without them, and I don't like contacts. As long as the glasses fit right it shouldn't be much of a problem.

The only time glasses caused me difficulty while doing physical stuff is when I rowed on my college crew team. Since both hands were on my oar and I didn't dare let go with even one hand, I just kept going if they started sliding down my nose. It gave the coach a good laugh!

Sandra
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 10:42 AM  
Andrysola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Edington
Me too. I just do it. Mine slide down my nose a little when I'm really sweaty, but they don't fall off.
Mine do! I am so shortshighted that I had to do something about it. I bought a pair of sports goggles at Walmart and had them fitted with prescription lenses. They stay put thanks to an elastic band. I keep the door of my exercise room closed when I wear them though because my BF says that I look realllly dorky.
Andrysola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 11:03 AM  
AcademiaNut
VF Supporter

I take my glasses off if I can do the workout without them. I'm kind of in "learn-mode" when they're on; I feel like I can't work out as hard. I know this is all in my head, but there it is. If I were truly dedicated, I'd get a sports band to hold them on my head, but I look entirely dorky enough without extra help.

I did get prescription swim goggles and sunglasses for biking. It had to be done.

Andrea
Old 08-25-06, 11:08 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I often work out with glasses, and usually it's not a problem. If I am going to be doing high impact, I might change to contacts. Doing yoga is the only real problem for me when I wear glasses.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 11:18 AM  
Tait
VF Supporter

I am blind as a bat without my glasses so I wear them. It is never a problem.
Old 08-25-06, 11:38 AM  
abbyalex

Oh, I hate working out with my glasses on. So personally, I always wear my contacts for workouts, BUT if you don't have that option, I'd recommend adjusting the earpieces to make the glasses fit tighter on your head.

In April I had a corneal abrasion and couldn't wear my contacts for 2 weeks. When I did yoga, my glasses were constantly sliding off everytime I went into downward dog or any other inversion. I spent about a week doing half yoga, half glasses adjustment -- until I tightened the earpieces. That helped alot.
abbyalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glasses