Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-05, 07:38 AM  
gypsygirl64

I wear a headband to help with the sweat and that holds them in place nicely. I used to wear croakies too but they are such a pain to put on....

Laura
gypsygirl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 08:24 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I always wear glasses (just not into contacts). I don't have any trouble keeping them on. But I just got a new prescription, and kept a pair of older glasses to use as my "workout glasses" (I also use these for doing yard work and such) because I want my more expensive progressive lenses to last longer and not get skanky and gnarly! The problem I'm having with the older pair is that they seem to hit someplace on the side of my head that ends of giving me a pain in the occipital region. I'm going to go into my eye doc to see what can be done.

If your glasses are falling all over the place, I'd say they need to be adjusted.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 08:45 AM  
KathAL79

Just want to echo what everyone else says about getting them adjusted. I wear my glasses when working out but contacts during the day, and I don't have much of a problem except the yoga and Pilates moves Abbe describes. Oh, and once in a while they get fogged up when I'm nice and sweaty . . .
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 09:03 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

I wear glasses all the time and the only problem I have during workouts is that they get a little steamy.

Definitely have them adjusted. When glasses fit properly you should forget you have them on.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 10:37 AM  
Celia M

Joining the crowd

If I'm not asleep, there are glasses on my face. I have to echo the comments here...

1) Well adjusted glasses shouldn't slide around
2) A sweatband (in my case, a rolled up bandana) really helps with steaming and any residual sliding
Old 10-28-05, 12:29 PM  
Lucysql
VF Supporter

The only time I take my glasses off is bed/shower.

They never ever slip and slide, even when I run.

Only rarely do they fog up, occasionally when I leave the A/C in the gym during summer.

I think yours either aren't the right size or need adjustment.
Lucysql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 12:39 PM  
Lori M
VF Supporter

I don't wear my glasses when I workout. But I guess I'm close enough to the TV that I can get away with it and can see what is going on quite good.
Old 10-28-05, 12:41 PM  
suebella
VF Supporter

WEll, I have the same problem...

...with glasses slipping.

In my case, I have one ear that is signficantly lower and further back on my head than the other, so it is very difficult to get glasses that fit properly and don't slide around my head.

I usually just go glass-less when working out.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 01:23 PM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Krista, I always wear glasses, no contacts for me. The last time I got a new prescription, I made sure to get one pair that I knew would stay on during exercise! I got myself a pair of Nike wire rims, and they are the best I've ever owned (for comfort in general, and for exercise stay-on-ability). I like to say they're the equivalent of sweatpants. I tested them in the store by bending upside down! If they didn't work for down dog, I didn't want 'em. I'd been through enough glasses sliding down my nose situations, thankyouverymuch. They're great and I've been wearing them for two years now. Next prescription, I can see myself either getting another, very similar pair from Nike, or just keeping these (I usually treat myself to new frames).

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-05, 01:27 PM  
AcademiaNut
VF Supporter

I take my glasses off, too. And then I leave them somewhere and forget where that somewhere is... and then we have a family crisis (repeated several times a day) where we have to find my glasses. Blech.

I have found, though, that for some kinds of exercise it has been worth it to get glasses made for that sport. My old prescription got turned into sunglasses and I wear those for cycling. I have prescription lenses in my swim goggles and in my snorkeling mask. I think that's it, but it has made a big difference to me.

Andrea

Tags
glasses