Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-04, 09:17 PM  
LALakersfan

I too have worn hard (gas permeable) contacts for around 30 years. I tend to have pretty dry eyes and my eye doc let me try soft lenses for a week or so to see if I would like them. I could not see as well with soft lenses and absolutely hated peeling them off my eyeball! IMO gas permeable lenses are so much easier to put in and take out and care for overall. Plus the fact that my vision is so much sharper with the gas perms. I use Refresh eye drops periodically when I wear my lenses during the day and switch to my glasses when I get home from work. The best thing my doc prescribed for dry eyes is an ointment that I put in every night before bed. It makes your eyes look and feel amazingly refreshed. I highly recommend it for anyone that has a problem with dry eyes. I tried the punctal plugs and that wasn't beneficial for me.
Old 08-02-04, 10:30 PM  
bdandy3
VF Supporter

I've been wearing soft contact lenses for (gulp) about 20 years or so. The last several years, I've been wearing the Accuview disposal lenses and they are great! I can hardly tell that I have them on and usually a pair lasts me 2 to 3 weeks. I get them for about $20 for a box of 6 (and that's even with my -7.5 prescription)...can't be beat, IMHO! Good Luck!

You cannot be good or bad at yoga. Just do what you can and you will reap the rewards.
Alan Finger
bdandy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-04, 11:12 PM  
heroldk

Torics!!

I have to second Beth's recommendation of the Toric lenses. I also wore gas permeables for years. Hated them. When I found out I could have disposables (I have astigmatism), I was thrilled. They fit great and I even sleep in them quite a bit. Can't imagine life (and especially exercise) without them. They only last me about 10 days (maybe because they are weighted they dry out more quickly, but I don't know...), but for those 10 days I rarely think about them.

Kelly
heroldk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glasses