Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-20, 09:32 PM  
MsThistlebottom

You're singing my song, and you definitely aren't alone! I'm 66, have been semi-retired for about a month now, and haven't worked out regularly for at least six months. I'm starting back with yoga, Leslie, and Ellen to reestablish a routine. Then I plan to reintroduce strength training.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 01:50 PM  
Sophia

I can totally relate to this. I was sidelined at the end of September with health issues and haven't worked out since. Part of the problem is that I never enjoyed working out to begin with...I'm much more of a sit and read kind of gal. Even though the doctor gave me the okay to work out, I'm still afraid. I have a follow up appointmet in March to make sure everything is still okay and I'm truly over that part of my problem, but I'm still afraid to move until I get that final okay. Never mind that I was working out the week that I was daignosed and hospitalized. I've though about starting with barre workouts and Jessica Smith, but I have to actually START.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 10:14 AM  
TinaT

Thanks for all the suggestions and encouragement. 2020 has started off rough, but I'm determined to change it up. My body demands and deserves better.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 02:32 PM  
Harivelo

Fastercise

I found a revolutionary form of exercise that can help you lose weight and develop muscles in only minutes a day. No, I'm not trying to sell you an MLM product It's called Fastercise and it's based on genuine science. I learned about it from this podcast https://40plusfitnesspodcast.com/get...lison-roberts/
There's an extract of the books in Google Books and videos on Youtube. You can also download a free Fastercise app to your phone. I ordered the book from Amazon. I just started to read so I don't know if it'll work for someone who's already following a workout routine. But Fastercise is definitely something worth trying if you're having trouble resarting or experince issues that limit your ability to do typical workouts.
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
restart, restarter, restarters, restarting, starting over