Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-17, 01:59 PM  
Fitstick

Linda Wooldridge drop sets

Has anyone tried this dvd set? Would love to hear your impressions.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 04:16 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i was interested in this, but the narrow hallway of a set turned me off somewhat. i'm open to considering it if the workouts are solid - she gives a lot of content for the price!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 06:41 PM  
upperwside

I just got it, I have a sinus infection.. so I watched it.. will do when my head feels better. It a very solid muscle burnout workout. Great to use as splits.. you can custom the parts you'd like to work.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 07:04 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I just got it, I have a sinus infection.. so I watched it.. will do when my head feels better. It a very solid muscle burnout workout. Great to use as splits.. you can custom the parts you'd like to work.

I hope you feel better soon.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 08:29 PM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you!!! I may break down and see my doctor. I'm on the 8th day of sinus pain. Over the counter stuff is not helping much!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 08:31 AM  
wlorrie

I have the set and did both the upper and lower body workouts last week. The setup for each workout is the same. She does 4 different exercises for each body part. She does 4 sets of varying rep patterns that range from 6-24 reps. Each exercise is done with a heavier weight/resistance and lighter weight/resistance. For example, when Linda does biceps curls, she will start with heavy weights and do 20 reps at “1 up and 1 down,” 12 reps at “2 up and 2 down,” 10 reps at “3 up and 1 down,” and 10 reps at “1 up and 3 down.” (I don’t remember the exact numbers she does.) She then repeats this pattern the lighter weights. Then, she’ll do a similar setup with a second, third, and fourth bicep exercise. As a results, you do a million reps per body part. Linda does use a good amount of weight for some exercises, so this set is grueling. I was extremely sore this week!

There are no really unique moves and there is lot of repetition of the same moves, so the workouts can get a little dull. The workouts are time consuming, as they range from 27 minutes for triceps to 62 minutes for hamstrings. This was longish for me for a single body part.

I did really like the back and chest workouts. I think one could get some nice results from this set. I’m going to try to do the set once a week for a month to see if I notice any changes.

Hope this helps!
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 08:40 AM  
wlorrie

Sorry, double post!

Last edited by wlorrie; 12-19-17 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 12-18-17, 03:16 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks Lorrie!

are there any burpees or mountain climbers? I'm not a fan of those.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 12-19-17, 06:29 AM  
wlorrie

No mountain climbers, burpees, or any cardio. It's all weights.
Lorrie
Old 12-19-17, 01:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
No mountain climbers, burpees, or any cardio. It's all weights.
Lorrie
awesome! thanks.

Tags
drop sets