Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-16, 10:13 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Finally got this yesterday 😁😁😁 I'm so excited to try it. I feel like the first set were exactly the type of workouts I'd come up with if I actually had a knack for designing workouts 😜

Now, possibly a dumb question. I'm a tad bit of a luddite, so I'm not sure how this might work. Should I be able to download these to a computer, then move them to a flash drive that I could then play on my smart TV? I literally just got the TV a couple of months ago, and I know it has USB ports (it even included a Roku stick, but I don't have home internet because the only providers out here have ridiculous data limits). Anyway, I'm pretty sure the TV manual specifically says I can play videos from a flash drive, so should this work for the purposes of being able to play this set?
Old 10-29-16, 12:56 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I hope you get answers Stephanie, I want to figure out how to watch these on the TV screen in my workout room.

For now, I am starting the download process. Listening to the first one while working on some files for my book club - OMG I'm going to love these. The music is just infectious! I'm dancing in my chair. The studio is so airy and bright, a real mood lifter (was afraid I'd miss the background in the original DVDs, which I love). The low impact modifiers are to the outer edge on either side. At some points you do a little empowering chant with the girls (in English, so far nothing wooty, mythical or religious). "I am strong" along those lines.

The seven workouts address each primary chakra, and in addition to the workout you get a lecture from one of the embodiment experts. All of them have the option to print the art work as a motivational poster, and a couple have some additional info about the specific chakra. All of them have a credits section with playlists and links to the musicians' websites.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-16, 08:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Has anyone had problems downloading these? Yesterday I tried downloading the HD 1.45 GB version and it failed on both Chrome and Explorer, after like six hours each. Now I'm trying to download the HD 781 MB version and it has had a "network failure" but I was able to resume it - for now.

It's getting very frustrating.
Old 10-30-16, 10:47 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Has anyone had problems downloading these? Yesterday I tried downloading the HD 1.45 GB version and it failed on both Chrome and Explorer, after like six hours each. Now I'm trying to download the HD 781 MB version and it has had a "network failure" but I was able to resume it - for now.

It's getting very frustrating.
I'm sorry you're having issues. It has put me off buying these. I hate having to register for an account just to buy something. And then to have download problems? Yuck!

Well, maybe these will come out on DVD. And I can buy them from Mary.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-16, 11:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I wish they would just come out on DVD, Alta. They're driving me nuts.
Old 10-30-16, 11:43 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sorry it's such a process Pat! I haven't downloaded them, just streamed them from the site and that worked fine for me.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-16, 12:40 PM  
mtngoat

I downloaded the HD version on my computer (Firefox) and had no problem. I downloaded a lower-res version on my phone ( also Firefox), no problems. Each took mere minutes.

Sorry I can't help with trouble-shooting -that is so frustrating!

Alta I hate having to register to buy downloads too. Totally unneccessary. This site accepted paypal so I used fake info. Most times I just won't purchase.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-16, 03:45 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Lori, did you have to disable your virus protection? I have Malware Bytes and am not inclined to disable it, even if I do trust the site.
Old 10-30-16, 04:11 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Lori, did you have to disable your virus protection? I have Malware Bytes and am not inclined to disable it, even if I do trust the site.
No I didn't. I use Norton antivirus.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-16, 04:40 PM  
donnamp

I hope you get it figured out, Pat!

I'm pretty tempted, I'm probably going to succumb...they look good.

I think I will stream them, though.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alice bracegirdle, bellyfit