Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-16, 04:15 PM  
suzannaerin

Reebok Crossfit have wide, generous toe boxes.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 09:09 PM  
Izzy

I have Nike wide and they are still too narrow. I have been told to go with Nike running vs training as the running are more flexible and expand with your feet. But if you need wide, skip Nike. I use Brooks, Saucony or New Balance for outside walking. Inside I only workout barefoot.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 08:56 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
But if you need wide, skip Nike. I use Brooks, Saucony or New Balance for outside walking. Inside I only workout barefoot.
This! New Balance and Brooks have wide toe boxes. I have wide feet and I can't wear Nikes or Asics. Way too narrow.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 03:15 PM  
JezthePuff2

Intrigued about all the suggestions to go barefoot for workouts. I always cringe when I have to put on my socks and shoes for my workout, but I'm wonder if I really have to do it in the first place. I think I've been so conditioned that "of course you have to wear athletic shoes when you workout," that I never really considered not putting them on (except for workouts that are explicitly "barefoot").

Hmmm....maybe I'll start doing more workouts sans shoes and see how it goes.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 03:20 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Reebok Crossfit have wide, generous toe boxes.
I love my Crossfit Nanos. They have a great wide toe box! I've not got 3 pair and love them all!
Old 08-14-16, 03:46 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezthePuff2 View Post
Intrigued about all the suggestions to go barefoot for workouts. I always cringe when I have to put on my socks and shoes for my workout, but I'm wonder if I really have to do it in the first place. I think I've been so conditioned that "of course you have to wear athletic shoes when you workout," that I never really considered not putting them on (except for workouts that are explicitly "barefoot").

I was dreading putting my shoes on while working out. I felt like I was so clumsy. My workout space is small and thought if I did barefoot I would feel more range of motion and move easier. From the first day I loved it. I wish my feet were strong enough to go barefoot outside. I work part time at a name brand athletic store and we are required to wear the shoes. I dread that too. I want to work barefoot.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 07:16 PM  
lorajc

Thanks for the recs.. however I cannot go barefoot...as I have severe art... especially in my area toe....joint is almost ready to become so unstable that I may need a fusion....have to do low impact and keep an eye on it.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 01:30 PM  
bfit

Check out Footsmart - they have a web site and also a print catalog. They have shoes for people with bunions and other foot problems.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 03:06 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezthePuff2 View Post

I kept getting foot injuries while running until someone suggested doing most other workouts barefoot. That really works your ankles and all the little muscles in your feet. Today I tried a Bosu workout wearing shoes. It was horrible! My feet kept slipping around inside the shoes, somehow, so I took them off and continued barefoot.

As for shoes with a wide toe box, check out Altra. Running Warehouse sells them with free shipping and free returns if you can't find them locally. They are zero drop, which can take some getting used to. And yes, they are expensive, but you should be able to find some older models cheaper.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 03:20 PM  
lorajc

well....got my shoes...Brook's men's wide's...would you believe. My foot doc said to get men's and when I went to the store...I needed wide's. My doc said my bunion's are severe!! lovely....old age!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunions, foot injury, foot pain, foot surgery