Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-15, 04:37 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I think it's probably how she structures her live classes. It works in that setting because you aren't doing the same workout over and over.
That makes sense to me.
And I think it's fine to make this suggestion, as feedback from fans who do the workouts repeatedly.
I still like them with the TIFT but I do them less often because of it.

Thanks for the update!
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-15, 04:54 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I kinda like the TIFTing - takes me the 10th time through just to somewhat catch on to the moves though I can see tiring of it if I did the routines enough to have them memorized... she calls the stuff such weird names instead of a 'regular' name. I need to do these more often- just don't have time to do all the workouts I want (or the energy when I DO have time)
Old 08-17-15, 01:56 PM  
sherry7899

Alice posted that the upcoming workouts will be digital only.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-15, 04:00 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Alice posted that the upcoming workouts will be digital only.
I actually prefer that but can see where others might not.
Old 08-18-15, 08:37 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I love the BellyFit workouts! Even though I can only really follow one of them. The cueing could be better for those of us with numerous mental challenges.
She needs to do one for (choreographically-challenged) seniors.

Bah - don't blame yourself - I am neither a senior nor that choreographically challenged, and I had the first Bellyfit workout and found the cueing, and the filming, definitely left a lot to be desired. I'm a little neurotic about having to be able to follow along with choreography EXACTLY, and Bellyfit Earth was one of the videos I had to get rid of because it was impossible. And most videos I have zero problem following. So it's not you.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-15, 08:40 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Bah - don't blame yourself - I am neither a senior nor that choreographically challenged, and I had the first Bellyfit workout and found the cueing, and the filming, definitely left a lot to be desired. I'm a little neurotic about having to be able to follow along with choreography EXACTLY, and Bellyfit Earth was one of the videos I had to get rid of because it was impossible. And most videos I have zero problem following. So it's not you.
Oh, Bellyfit Earth is the worst by far. Air, Spirit, Water, and Fire have better camera work, live cueing, etc.
Old 08-18-15, 09:11 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Oh, Bellyfit Earth is the worst by far. Air, Spirit, Water, and Fire have better camera work, live cueing, etc.
Cheri is right-the cuing is much better in Air, Spirit, Water and Fire. I still had some trouble, but not as much. I am not concerned with getting anything exactly as long as I keep moving

I have never bought her digital workouts. How did that work? You download them to your hard drive? I'm an idiot with this stuff. At least now I have a laptop to use. Our desktop computers are dying and don't have space for anything, plus there is no room to exercise in front of them. We just bought HDMI cords from Amazon so I'm hoping to hook the laptop to the tv.

Sherry

Old 08-18-15, 09:42 AM  
cherimac

Sherry~I bought a couple and they were easy to download to the hard drive. I'm not good at techie stuff and it was a piece of cake for me. You can also live stream them once you own them, if you're out on vacation, etc. with an Ipad or some device they're not downloaded on.
Old 08-18-15, 09:49 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Cheri! I am a tech idiot

I sent Alice a private message on Facebook to ask about the format of the new workouts. I said (very nicely) that I love the workouts, but prefer to learn a block of cardio and move on and not repeat it. I hope she does not get offended. I'd hate to hurt someone's feelings. I would use them more often if there was not so much "take it from the top."

Sherry

Old 08-18-15, 10:05 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thanks, Cheri! I am a tech idiot

I sent Alice a private message on Facebook to ask about the format of the new workouts. I said (very nicely) that I love the workouts, but prefer to learn a block of cardio and move on and not repeat it. I hope she does not get offended. I'd hate to hurt someone's feelings. I would use them more often if there was not so much "take it from the top."

Sherry
Good to know the other programs are easier to follow. I hadn't bothered with them based on my experience with the original DVD.

Sherry, I think so long as you're kind with your comments, any entrepreneur needs to have a tough enough hide to appreciate feedback from customers. And it's feedback worth listening to: if she's doing digital workouts, she needs to realize that the format can't necessarily be exactly the same as she uses for in-person classes. As others have astutely indicated, what works for a one-off class (TIFTing) can make the program feel painfully repetitive in a product intended to be used more than once. Bellyfit is mostly an in-person class format. But she definitely should consider the fact that having people repeat the DVD program might give them a false sense that the classes are boring and repetitive if the program isn't carefully designed to bear repeated use.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alice bracegirdle, bellyfit, cueing, tift, tifting