Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-06-15, 09:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I wonder if she will do another theme, like she did with the elements?

I like the set a lot. The only reason I don't do them more often is that there is just a bit too much TIFFTing for my liking; personally, I would find it a lot more tolerable if she ran through all the cardio moves only once or twice (or, alternatively, did a series of moves and then moved on to new ones).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 07:09 AM  
Lori_Michigan

+1 to the TIFFTing!

I do enjoy the "pre-cardio" length of time, but then we have to TIFT Cardio A and then TIFT Cardio B, and then TIFT Cardio A and B, I'm just kind of over it at that point. (I really really really hate TIFTing, just to state that imperatively!)

I do really enjoy the "isolations" and I really wish we could do more of those, or put all the "isolations" in one premix perhaps. I'd do those all the time!

I also tend to skip the pilates/yoga at the end and I'm not sure why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I wonder if she will do another theme, like she did with the elements?

I like the set a lot. The only reason I don't do them more often is that there is just a bit too much TIFFTing for my liking; personally, I would find it a lot more tolerable if she ran through all the cardio moves only once or twice (or, alternatively, did a series of moves and then moved on to new ones).
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 07:33 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I do enjoy the "pre-cardio" length of time, but then we have to TIFT Cardio A and then TIFT Cardio B, and then TIFT Cardio A and B, I'm just kind of over it at that point. (I'm really really really hate TIFTing, just to state that imperatively!)
Lori, this is pretty much EXACTLY how I feel! I like the pre-cardio also, and I also like how these same moves are used in reverse for the post-cardio cool-down (i.e., no learning new moves!). I wouldn't even mind a little TIFTTing, especially since I really do enjoy the cardio moves.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 07:48 AM  
PhyllisG

I had these and loved them but stopped doing them and eventually traded the set. Couldn't remember why. It was the TIFTING. I hated it after a while. Maybe these will be different. Fingers crossed.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 08:56 AM  
sherry7899

I am not a big fan of TIFT'ing either. I wonder if Alice would take suggestions.....I hate to hurt someone's feelings though. I'd prefer it if you learned a block of cardio and just moved onto another one and did not do the first one again.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 09:09 AM  
cherimac

I don't do them as much because of combining A and B. I would prefer A, B, and C.
Old 08-07-15, 09:11 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am not a big fan of TIFT'ing either. I wonder if Alice would take suggestions.....I hate to hurt someone's feelings though. I'd prefer it if you learned a block of cardio and just moved onto another one and did not do the first one again.

Sherry
I don't think she'd take offense (or "offence" since she's Canadian!) at some suggestions for the new ones; I'd have to assume she'd like to know what her customers think, you know?

I'm not on Facebook, so if anyone could mention it to her while she's developing the new ones, let us know if she replies!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 09:38 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I don't do them as much because of combining A and B. I would prefer A, B, and C.
Cheri- those are exactly my thoughts!
Lori- I might message her privately on Facebook.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 10:13 AM  
cherimac

I think it's probably how she structures her live classes. It works in that setting because you aren't doing the same workout over and over.
Old 08-07-15, 10:26 PM  
Cybersparkle

I agree with the TIFTing thing. If I have a choice, I'd rather not, for sure. The music is so great, when I miss a step,
I just do my own thing & leave it at that. But TIFTing is not my fav either.

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alice bracegirdle, bellyfit, cueing, tift, tifting