Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-15, 05:50 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Foundation Training

Has anyone done this for the long haul and seen improvements in pain or performance?
Old 05-05-15, 09:17 PM  
Castella

I've been doing this for 2 or 3 years now. I do a solid 30-45 minutes once a week, and integrate moves in with warm ups and cool downs the rest of the time.

I didn't start it to address an existing issue. I wanted to be proactive and thought I could prevent back pain as I age. I do increasingly have back issues, but that is more related to the compression of my spine (not diagnosed, just guessing because that's what it feels and sounds like).

For performance, it strengthened my lower back and greatly improved my posture. It really strengthened my glutes and hamstrings and I gained flexibility in my hamstrings. It also did magic for my hips, which was unexpected. It also made me conscious about my limited range of movement with lifting my arms, but it hasn't improved anything in that area, I need to do other things to work on that.

I believe there are other people here who work it regularly who do have back issues.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr eric goodman, foundation training